Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Grand Theft Auto vs Saints Row - Minitokyo

Grand Theft Auto vs Saints Row

Which game you consider to buy?

Grand Theft Auto V
3 votes
Saints Row IV
2 votes
Both of them
1 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Just a few months until both games will be released and probably most players can guess that it was pretty much a intention to release them both at the same time. The deal is done, this will be the first real clash between the two popular series, due non of their previous games had their releases this close and also maybe that GTA doesn't really took his rival that seriously. But Saints Row turned out being a decent rival and has all the qualities and intention to overthrow the king on the throne.

So let's see the facts:

Grand Theft Auto V (GTA 5)

Developer: Rockstar North
Publisher: Rockstar Games
Engine: RAGE, Euphoria
Platform: PS3, Xbox 360, PC (unconfirmed)
Release date: September 2013

GTA is GTA, a game with huge history who made his very own genre and which was unique for a really long time.
GTA 5 promises the biggest open world in the history of the series and just as the previous it will focus a lot on the story and realism. Appareantly we will get multiple main heroes to control, which sounds interesting, though I still think that creating a own character would be a better choice. But lets get surprised, there are still many secrets arround this game but GTA has proven multiple times that it can create something what was unseen before. A sad fact is that PC version is only yet considered, seems like Rockstar starts to focus more and more onto consoles. Did they forget that they started out on PC's?

Saints Row IV (SR4)

Developer: Volition, Inc.
Publisher: Deep Silver
Engine : CTG Engine
Platform: Microsoft Windows, PS3, Xbox 360
Release date: August 20, 2013

Probably the first real competitor against GTA, Saints Row with his repeating characters, storyline and slightly black jokes could make his own fanbase and steal even a few from his rival. And since the authors claim that SR4 will be even crazier as SR3 was, guess we can exclude that it will try to make himself comparable to the recent "GTA realism" The players will get superhero powers, aliens attacking planet Earth, kicking politicians into their balls and you start out with nothing less as being the president of USA him/herself. I don't know what those guys smoke, but leave me a few from that too! Okay, jokes aside, it sounds messed up but a game is a game and should be mainly about fun. And guess this game will offer from it a lot. Of course just as always you can create your own hero and everything will be customizable.
The game will be available for all platforms Xbox 360, PS3 and PC version, and all will released at the same time. Volition learned from the mistakes in SR2, so the developement of SR3 PC version was made by Volition himself and the result has spoken for himself, which continues by SR4 as well.

So if I can sum up my personal opinion, I think the decinding factor in this battle will be the PC version of the games. GTA was sure hit on the consoles, but the optimization of GTA 4 for PC was pretty bad and to this came even the unpopular support of GFWL, and now even there is a chance that there will be no PC version to begin with. On other hand Saints Row will have no problems with this, since the PC version was a must due their strong affilation with Steam.

So your own opinions please. Lightweight hate of GTA/SR is allowed as long you can set up properly your facts "why I do"

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

joey101

joey101

MarkieMoo

Grand theft auto V,,its fun and better than the other one

You do you, I`ll do me, And we wont do each other
Probably.........

leonskxxx

leonskxxx

Everything is connected..

I venture to buy Watch Dogs

Signature

Both games sound really good and they both have really good thing, but if i could only buy one it would have to be GTA. I really liked GTA since i played GTAIII for the ps2 and i like how they change so many thing and how they keep making more real. Don't get me wrong, SR sounds really fun, specially how your able to make your own character. How awesome is that but i kinda always have a hard time of how to make my character and end up making a new file to change it (i'm not talking about SR, just mentioning my opinion about other games.) but that's just a minor thing compare to so many other things you can do in SR.

Well like i said in the begining if i could only buy one i would go for GTAV but if you have enough for both them buy them both lol

Signature

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

GTA is sort of fun, but I really enjoy it more for the characters. Saints Row has been so much more fun to me, just as a game. And for me, gameplay is always king, outside of story. I love the wackiness that comes from Saints Row, but I may end up getting both games eventually xD

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Quote by LeafsapphireGTA is sort of fun, but I really enjoy it more for the characters. Saints Row has been so much more fun to me, just as a game. And for me, gameplay is always king, outside of story. I love the wackiness that comes from Saints Row, but I may end up getting both games eventually xD

That is exactly my case. I always liked GTA and I still do, but each GTA was different character and a different story, which some may like but for me is more appealing in this Saints Row, where the characters reappear, the story connects to the next game and back, and who doesn't likes Johnny Gat or Shandy?
Regarding the wackiness, GTA4 was great, but compared the previous I felt kinda limited with the realism, fearing do anything bad outside of missions.

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

Ahhh, Aki-chan said it exactly right! GTA4 was really fun, but driving everywhere mostly felt like a bore, and the realism really was kind of a drag... But I still loved it for the creative personalities the characters had, and yes, the continuity of Saints Row is always appealing as well.

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

Drakill

Drakill

-=Call me CG=-

Saints Row FTW! I really enjoyed that game :D

I'm moving to Ireland so I won't be online much.
I'll try reply to your message when I can.

Signature Image

aurorawitch

aurorawitch

Lack of inspiration

GTA is the best I think. <3

Epic fail :DSignature Image

rotten180

rotten180

Time Travel Is Never Easy

Okay IMO I think truly saints row is the best out of the two. There us way more customization, much more things in general, everything is way crazier, more vehicles I think. And if you really think about it, GTA is old and I think running out of things. On the other hand saints row looks better in general and has way more ideas. But yes this is my opinion

support S20-SignatureStudio !!
Signature Image
http://myanimelist.net/profile/mageara38

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.