Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Contests are Coming! - Minitokyo

The Contests are Coming!

Which of these contests would you PARTICIPATE in?

Wallpaper contest
23 votes
Review contest
3 votes
Indy art contest
16 votes
Picture caption contest
0 votes
Site scavenger hunt
5 votes
Other (please specify n the comments)
2 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Mt-Maigetsu

Administrator

Mt-Maigetsu

Fillling you in on the latest.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

The contests are coming! The contests are coming!

^ Mai- chan feels a bit like Paul Revere when she says that.
-----
The MT Staff have been hard at work trying to think of some contests....

The problem is... They thought of too many! They would like YOUR help to figure out what the next contest should be!

Please choose your top choice for the poll, but if you would be interested in some of the other contests, please leave a comment! We welcome all feedback.

ONWARD VOTING! (^o^)/

Signature
	Image(The Policy) A must read! (The Userguide) For day to day living!
(Forum guidelines) Keeping it clean! (Common problems and their solutions) Got you covered!
Visit HeadQuarters for more juicy goodness or contact your nearest friendly moderator.

Since wallpapers and scans are what make MT so popular, (and it'll be weird to have a contest of scans) So wallpaper contest is a must :P
Also Indy arts contests! More people would be able to participate in that ^^
And also reviews ofc.. i'm just gonna list them all here it seems xD
And picture caption and site scavenger will be for forumers.

I wonder why we can't have them ALL? :P

Spoiler (show)

maybe members will get divided with each contest ending up with few participants instead of few with many participants? .-.
In that case, I think we can have Caption and Scavenger hunt contests Running in parallel with any of the rest. Because, the indy arts, walls, reviews will take some time and efforts. But these two will take much less time as compared to those and people will be easily participate in these two along with the others.

so how about Wallpaper/Indy art contest along with Picture Caption and Site scavenger hunt? idk about much about reviews so not saying anything about it =.='
But how will be the nature of this site scavenger hunt(if it is held at all)? For on some sites, i just saw they asked some questions, whose answers you could find by going to the proper sections of the site, boring =.=
i think there should be puzzles to make it interesting, sb will be good for hiding things =w= and the serial number of a scan(you can see in url) or the serial number of a tag, can be used to give some clues.. or maybe make em google it or something or is it limited to only mt?
I don't really have any new contest idea though.
Anyways, good luck with the contests mai chan! I'll try to participate in as many as i can xD

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

I'm sure that it is intended that members participate in one or more contests, concurrently, dependent upon their time and interests. I'm particularly looking forward to the scavenger hunt because it sounds like so much fun!

I voted for wallpaper but I'm interested in indy art as well X)

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

So many options, can't pick only one >< I'll go with wallpaper contest as my first one since I've got a bit of free time now, but the scavenger hunt and caption contest sound fun too!

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

Voted wallpaper :3 wall battles are always nice.
scavenger might be nice, or what about a collab wall contest? :3

Signature Image
This day we fight!

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

^that is always an option if we go with Wallpaper for the first contest. :)

Signature Image

hitsu-chan

hitsu-chan

K-PoP AdDicTioN <3

WALLPAPER Contest all the way! XD this allows to see every member's inspiration =) and enjoy new good and fresh wallpapers for our desktop *.*
plus, MT is popular for its scans, wallpapers and indy-arts. it would be only natural to have contests in at least one of those sections XD but I have to admit that hunt really seems interesting and fun :O

Spoiler (show)

oh wait... but in Wallies and Indy art contests, we can already guess the winners! lol. (if they participate... but i'm sure they will! ^^")

Signature
make-your-best ecchi-club host-club bleach-central tsubasa s20-signaturestudio

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

Quote by hitsu-chan

Spoiler (show)

oh wait... but in Wallies and Indy art contests, we can already guess the winners! lol. (if they participate... but i'm sure they will! ^^")

about that, isn't a competition a way to push yourself further? its just a matter of how much effort you want to put into your work, there are lots of tuts around the internet that can show you how to improve your skills :3.

Signature Image
This day we fight!

hitsu-chan

hitsu-chan

K-PoP AdDicTioN <3

Quote by xangel0about that, isn't a competition a way to push yourself further? its just a matter of how much effort you want to put into your work, there are lots of tuts around the internet that can show you how to improve your skills :3.

hehe. someone actually read that spoiler XD lol.
well, true that how much you put efforts in your work is the most important, well, at least, your work should show how much efforts and spirit you put in it. just that much can make your work have a special feeling! XD
and, in those contests, it's a way to defy the great wallers out there XD FIGHTING SPIRIT FIRST, YEAH ! who knows, maybe someone we didn't expect at all will win, that's what is interesting during contests! hehe ;)
with that much, it's satisfying enough to show what you can do and see people appreciate it, I think =) let's just show off X3 lol.
winning is a second matter =P

Signature

Quote by hitsu-chanoh wait... but in Wallies and Indy art contests, we can already guess the winners! lol. (if they participate... but i'm sure they will! ^^")

reading this depresses me :(

hitsu-chan

hitsu-chan

K-PoP AdDicTioN <3

Quote by mechanenkoreading this depresses me :(

don't pay attention to my silliness, I happened to write my uncertainty (to get rid of it...) ^^" I didn't mean to say something bad... ^^" I mean, I really think everyone can win it with enough efforts! XD come on, cheer up XD (please, or I'll feel really bad)

sorry to all the people who read that stupid spoiler

Signature

ao-asamiya

ao-asamiya

I'll become Alice

Anyone could win the contest, you never know...

There could be someone working in a great wallie somewhere in the world *like me* ; )

The main aim, I think is everyone make their best ! This way, we'll be able to see a huge amount of creativity and effort together <3

Signature

hitsu-chan

hitsu-chan

K-PoP AdDicTioN <3

I just got an idea. I saw many members' userpage and there are many of them that are looking epicly (weird word is weird) great ! *.*
why not holding an userpage design contest ? I mean, everyone can edit their userpage and some people are talented in it and maybe they want to show off their strong point, lol. I think it would be really interesting to see fresh designs *.* it would be as good as a wallpaper contest imo !

Signature

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

A.A.A. Free Time Searching

I chose the IndyArt contest, but actually I will love a wallpaper contest, too <3
It seems I came back just in time :3

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Somebody mentioned collab contest. I actually would like that, more as just a plain wallpaper contest, because it sets a certain requirement, but leaves you free in selecting any theme you want. Also it forces a bit you to act social, get a proper partner and coordinate your work. It might strenghten friendships or destroy them if one of them doesn't manages on time... xD

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Do a massive mash-up contest of everything xD So one round of walling, one round of indy art, one round of reviews, one round of scavenging hunt, so on and so forth - pick winners for each round (set up some sort of points allocation for the winners of each round) and then at the end, recognize overall winners with highest number of points across all rounds.

^ i like that idea! :o
and those who only wanna participate in one event can still do so, they won't win the grand prize but still win their individual events. Also, it'll be a fair chance for all the jacks of all trades on mt too xD

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.