Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Online Dating - Minitokyo

Online Dating

page 1 of 1 24 total items

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

It seems that online dating is the new way to meet people these days. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Some people believe that the Internet made it more difficult for people to interact face to face in social situations, while others just see it as a way to "cast their net" wider hoping to find a suitable mate.

Do you think age is also a factor, in that many people are also getting married at an older age than they used to?

Signature Image

Izoto

Izoto

Kawaii as fuuu

Nothing in particular.

There have come some strong, long lasting relationships out of online dating -- read an article on CNN about this, wish I could remember the name. Whatever works, whatever brings two people together in love, is fine by me. The internet has opened up new avenues for people that couldn't find a relationship worth a damn or one at all around them. It's rather simple. *shrug*

I don't think the growing age of the average newlyweds factors into the rise of internet dating.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

nothing wrong with online dating, there are several dating sites out there that people can expand if they are an adult where they can mingle, for online and still young, then people can date. but meeting or seeing one another should eventually happen, and thanks to skype this can happen too now. just be careful when meeting people online they can be hiding something or they could be a dark, sinister, etc. or they could be straight up as they are when you're chatting with them online. the net has corrupted a lot of people that hiding online is where it at, revealing their true nature or they are able to stay anonymous. but I'm thankful I haven't lost my interaction with people off the net and I miss the social hang out face to face, instead of screen to screen because that's where people think they belong and feel more comfortable. getting married at an older age means less children, means a longer relationship where there could be a shorter rate of divorce, for those who do get married that is and getting married at an older age means they are finally realizing an education and more money, but this isn't for everyone. I see kids still having kids, literally, under the age of 16 with more than one child already. so the cycle will never change, and makes one wonder if the smart and/or educated ones are seeing the errors of having children at such a young age. and don't forget, there is always adoption ! if you want kids of course.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

I have a friend who has met her husband on one of those online dating sites. She is now 43 and the guy is 45 and they met about a year ago or so. She said that once they met, they just 'clicked' and that was that. They married 5 months ago and then she has moved to Germany to live with him, lol. So yeah, while there are undoubtedly some creepers and jerks on sites like those, you can also meet good people. And just like in my friend's example - who knows, maybe you can also meet someone to spend your life with.

Signature

hitsu-chan

hitsu-chan

K-PoP AdDicTioN <3

Ooh, interesting topic we have here ! =D
Nowadays, people generally use social networks to meet new people. at first, it was because of the net's growth. People just tried social networks to see what's so interesting about it, and BOOM ! it became a trend. Everyone uses Fb, Twitter, MSN, Skype, Instagram, dating sites and so on... I remember, at a time, people were happy to show off their new bf/gf they met on a dating site, it was fancy (?) they said ! lol. They just get hooked up hastily because it's a trend, without thinking of their life and then, PROBLEMS everyday. And they dare complain ! *sigh* Or they were just fired up because they could find quickly someone and then, directly thinking that person is "the ONE", oh well... And worse, some people on dating sites are doing it for fun -.-' They are just playing around, and that can break many hearts ! >.<
But, considering that pretty much everyone is now using social networks, kids, teens, adults, retired people... well, this means all kind of people are gathering there ! from morons to criminals, it became dangerous to use those kind of sites, and boring, too =___=" I mean, how horrible it is to read stupid craps with terrible grammar mistakes and with -I'd say- an unique writing style (LîïIkeEe ThIîï$ <= those kind of people should just BURN ! seriously. how come can those be understandable words ?!) ahem, but as Alenas said, you can meet really good people there, too ! If so, then lucky you ! XD Unfortunately, life isn't always so kind... You can run into a seriously dangerous stalker, who knows ! ^.^" In fact, it's a bet =P Plus, how can you get to really know the person you're "net-dating" just by chatting ? Everyone can be anyone on the net ! Gentle, jerk, passionate, intelligent (using Google and Wiki XD), romantic, etc. Everyone can simulate it =P especially to date someone ! Online dating is an interesting thing but it has too many risks and it's a difficult matter =S Be sure to take your time, eventually, you'll find the one ^.^" (after 30 years of search at least, jk)
Also, that's why, net social life is a threat. As we can see it, conversing on the net is easier than in rl. So, people tend to prefer a virtual life than a real one. On the net, they can ensure their relationships, they can think wisely about what they should say. See, on the net, when you type what you first think, you can cancel it before sending it if what you wrote was wrong. But in a real conversation, there isn't any "Backspace" (unfortunately). lol. And that makes real interactions stressful ! Seriously, I experienced that and it's AWFUL !
As for the age matter, I think, as we can see it, there are people who do dumb things like having a baby early and all, getting married too early and then divorcing after a month... But, there are people who can actually use their brain and see those things are totally wrong ! =P So, those people take their time to think about how they can have a peaceful life without having to face something going wrong. And these people are getting more and more numerous. So, no one is going to get married hastily anymore ! XD
Phew, finally done typing ! TvT

Signature
make-your-best ecchi-club host-club bleach-central tsubasa s20-signaturestudio

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

Hmmm.. the way I see it, people want the same things everywhere, they want respect, friendship, love.. so just because it's online doens't mean friendship or love can't exist here. I don't find it strange personally, one can find their soulmates everywhere, the only problem I see is: it's really easy to hide the true personality with a mask, it's easy to lie on the internet. I'm not implying that all people who date this way are liars, but some people hide their true self for many reasons, it really depends on the people you find, and where do you find them.. like Bunny said, some of those people are creepers -.- some of them are good persons, some don't want to take things seriously, and other reasons, it also depends on luck.. Anyway, I think there's nothing wrong with it, and age doesn't matter obviously, but one has to be cautious with relationships, not only here, in real life too :/

Edit. as Hitsu-chan said, we're lucky to have a backspace button ;) hmmm again, be cautious, the internet never forgets and is full of douchebags too -.-

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

joey101

joey101

MarkieMoo

hmm it sucks..i cant see him or kiss him or hug him..but my relationship is beautiful and i wouldnt give it up for the world

You do you, I`ll do me, And we wont do each other
Probably.........

i love her but she don't love me huhuhuhuhuh T_T

Izoto

Izoto

Kawaii as fuuu

Quote by joey101hmm it sucks..i cant see him or kiss him or hug him..but my relationship is beautiful and i wouldnt give it up for the world

Skype for the first issue.

The idea is that the people involved meet up down the line.

MoonSpike

MoonSpike

Inside the Darkness

It make some relationships superficial... And that's quite sad, I'm not saying I don't believe in long distance relationships, but somehow the net made human contact and meeting something so common that people have turned into something "t.

Suicide is just an easy way of telling everyone that loves you, you hate them.

flowerakane

flowerakane

Eternal Swiftie

I think there is no harm in doing online dating, but there is still the consquence that we have to pay in order to keep that relationship.
I have experienced online dating, and I think in the end its all depend on the person who do it whether the relation will keep on going or just stay for as long as they still attract to each other.
From my experience I could see that, online dating is all about awareness, do we aware of what we do? do we aware of our relationship/partner?
if your online dating only means for playing around then it won't do you much trouble, in fact it can be a change of mind to have someone whom you can talk to without any worry he will judge you like what other ppl used to. Basically ppl do online dating because they couldn't find someone whom they can feel comfortable in their evironment.
However, if we do online dating in a serious way, then I suggest you to be very careful about it.. make sure that your partner can be responsible for the relationship that you have, and don't blind yourself with the feeling that you have. cause it will kill you in the end (sadly its happened to me -.-")
if you wanted to be serious in a relationship with your online partner, then you have to prepare yourself for so many unexpected things.. cause we can't just predict what will happen next when it comes to online dating.
Oh and also don't forget to make sure that your partner give you his true background, like his age, his name, etc..

Cause in the end, cyber world is just a tool and a chance for you, if you want to make your relationship true sooner or later you will have to bring back your relationship to your real world..

I personally think it is hard to do online dating, the hardest part is because we can't meet our partner in person..
My advice is If there is any of you wanna do online dating, there are 3things that you should have: trust, loyalty, and honesty..
without these things, online dating will be as hard as a torture xD

hope my experienced useful for you :D

Signature

"I am gonna love you like I've never been broken".

Falbare90

Falbare90

(=>益<=)

Each time I do no one seems interested in me or someone hacked the site and put viruses on it to make it worse.

(\ /)
( . .)
c()()

Rim-chan

Linguistics

Rim-chan

Social experiment

From my point of view I think online dating can come in pretty useful if you live in a small city and all the good guys seem to be taken and generally the young population tends to migrate to bigger cities or completely different countries, it certainly expands the number of options. I do not think you are strange if you try it, after all technology is made to be used. I haven't tried it myself, since I'm not adventurous enough. And, idk this kind of seems to contradict my earlier point, but I'll point out the disadvantage of long distance relationships: you don't know if the other person will stay faithful to you, I'm not saying that in real life you should keep an eye on your half 24 h/day, but still. As for the risk of the other person being a creeper, you should always hold a number of videocalls to ascertain the nature of the individual, before you even think of meeting them in person. And now, to point out an advantage: here you can just find persons with the same interests at a mouse click, so if nothing else that could be the best ice-breaker.
*sigh* I hope that what I said makes sense.

No name, no business, no address, no phone, no worries, no money... just tired

Falbare90

Falbare90

(=>益<=)

Actually your point was pretty head on.

(\ /)
( . .)
c()()

Ganjamus

Ganjamus

Insanity's Asylum

Having been in two online relationships, I can say that it is one of the most difficult things to manage emotionally. Then again I was young and headstrong at the time thinking I can take on the entire world. My last online relationship put me off the whole idea completely. Dedicated online relationships keep you from having much of a social life due to you having to stay glued to your computer. Basically every thing you would normally do in person has to be improvised online. It definitely takes a lot more emotional effort that can slowly grind down your patience and ability to care for someone.

tl;dr
Online relationships are hard and can change you for better or for worse depending on your mental stability.

Being on the "worse" end of the spectrum, I utterly regret jumping into it.

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines
^ In rememberance of the great siggy Milkiyo made me...

I think it all matters on the couple, i mean as you have read the post on top of me some have worked out and some well not so much. Iether it was because of the physical contact or because of the lack of comunication but as some have said befor, for some there is just that "clik" feeling.
I other words you both have to make things work don't go 90% and you partner only 10% i dout that would work but it's all up to you.
be safe out there and have fun.

Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

This depends on how needy the person is.

Many people who need a life partner are needy individuals. They usually take offense and try to bite back too. It's a focal reason mainly because, being the person who can't live life with your own company can escalate to cause trouble for others. Needy people can be categorized in different degrees and some degrees of needy people just can't do online dating.

Bottomline is people who can live by themselves and on their own should be able to put up with the relationship since they do not give the other person any trouble, living with yourself teaches you things sometimes. If a person is always looking for a partner and can't live by himself/herself, good luck maintaining a relationship that isn't physical.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

blOOdApOcAlYpsE100

my hell girl

i just felt great doing great..........soon i'll get married!

blood upon shall call...

I do believe in friendship via internet i found a sister here^^ and some amazing friends ...but internet can be very dangerous...
as Huesin kun said it's easy to lie on the internet and pretend to be somebody else..
so i don't believe in love via internet ...it even worse than real life dating ^^

lalagirl211

lalagirl211

BELIEVE In YOURSELF!!!

In Social media u can be very talkative but when u guys meet in real life, its gonna be so socially awkward... It depends though

This World Is Wrong . . .

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

I believe in Online dating because I finally found the girl with whom I fall in love.
But I must say it all depends on how truth you've used on internet about your life and how much the couple trust each other.
For me I never lie about my age, gender and other things.
But mostly in eastern countries like India, here parents mostly won't allow online dating and such and thus I know I have to struggle a lot if I get to marry with my hime-chan.
But For now I am just a school boy so I will wait before making any further step in relationship, for now being best friends is what I want to be with my hime-chan and little by little I will get close to her.
Get to know each other more and know more about each's personality is what we must do before a relationship either on internet or in real life.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

Online dating makes it easier to get into contact with other people, while before you had to go to a bar, event, etc.

gadisitugirl

gadisitugirl

D u n d u n

I think marriage itself is something sacred and a big decision, meeting someone online dating doesn't mean it will lead into marriage :(
Except if the couple from Online Dating have already met in real life. After knowing and trusting each other maybe the couple will be tying the knot.

Signature Imageᴍᴀʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜs! ಥ‿ಥ

I like online dating 'coz I met my gf online too.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.