Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion of two Gundam X scans - Minitokyo

Deletion of two Gundam X scans

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

evaunit2

Scanner

evaunit2

Nippu Shippu Cybuster

Recently, two scans for After War Gundam X were deleted.
 by evaunit2
by evaunit2 and  by
	evaunit2
by evaunit2

the first option for those two to be deleted was that they were too small, however they were 3035 x 2141 and 3029 x 2147 so size is not an issue

both scans were taken as they were, not enlarged so the third option is out of the question

and neither scan had excessive artifacts on them so that should not be a problem

So why were they deleted and if not for a good reason, I request that they be returned

Sincerely,

Evaunit2

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

I think I said that the character/mecha in the scan is too small not the scan. And it shows lack of subject which means that it doesn't show anything worth. Such a scene could be found anywhere in every mecha anime. It is not a very keepable scan. And those mecha scans of those Gundam series are not the best in quality anyway. They are very blurred. So the deletion reason would be all things together: scan quality not the best, small visible characters and lack of subject.
As for the second scan I have deleted it because it is too bright + the scan quality again + lack of subject again. In the other mecha scans you can see something even if the quality is not the best like undergrounds, explosions, artistic scenes and so on.

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

evaunit2

Scanner

evaunit2

Nippu Shippu Cybuster

the quality may not be the best, but I've seen many more worse scans.
Also, the other two reasons for the first one are not fit either considering there are many, many more of the mecha scans with scenes that could be found anywhere and there are more scans with smaller visible characters
The scene for the first scan did play a critical role in the anime

the reason for the brightness on the second one was that each of the Gundam X bits were firing their primary weapon

also, I was never aware that a boring scene was a reason for deletion which seems to be a very opinionated and unfair reason

MadoshiKurefu

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

I didn't say that lack of subject was the only reason. Like I said the scans are overfiltered/blurred and not the best in quality. We have a lot of filtered scans but they turn sharp at least if you resize them since they are very big scans but these still don't look any better. I wouldn't have deleted them if your scans had good quality.

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

evaunit2

Scanner

evaunit2

Nippu Shippu Cybuster

I did nothing to the scans other than save them and upload them. And that still doesn't help my concerns for that very poor excuse for a reason that is lack of subject considering if that were taken completely seriously, then probably 50% of the scans on this site would be deleted

The blur was most likely intentional by the artist to show wear on the structure in the background for the first scan

merged: 07-15-2013 ~ 12:34am
I am still waiting on a satisfactory answer

Although you were given adequate reasons I looked at the image in photoshop and zoomed in a bit. There are significant quantities of .jpg artifacts and distortion in the scan. I agree with the deletion for this reason.

MadoshiKurefu

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

Even if the scans didn't have lack of subject I still would have deleted them. The reason are written above but I can tell you the most important ones again: too bright (which is a normal deletion reason like too little contrast) and too tiny characters (which is also used for deletions). The lack of subject thing you disagree with is an additional reason which I also used and stated in your previous or other deletion pms. I don't understand how I should explain to you differently that those two scans are bad...

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.