Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Gankutsuou - Minitokyo

Tagged under Gankutsuou

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Have anyone seen it ?

I've seen 2 eps and even if I'm not really thrilled by the story, I think the artwork is amazing (but not really the character design.. it's really close to Rah-Xephon). It creates a weird atmosphere... just how they used some "patterns" to make clothes and everything.

It's based on Monte Cristo's count... but I can't really add anything since I haven't read it.

Signature

Sandy

Sandy

graphic fighter

I haven't seen the anime but I've seen the trailer and some pictures too. I think it's quite original to fit textures on hair and clothes. I haven't seen this before in any other anime but it kinds of flatten the whole graphics.

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

Phew, good thing I checked the forum, I wanted to start a topic on this new series. I have seen the two first episodes as well, and I love it so far. I don't know much of the original story other than it's mostley a quest for revenge...so I'm exicited. The count is quite an excentric fellow and I always want to see what he'll do next. I thought the art was bizarre at firts, but you quickly get used to it and I think it's really original. When the characters are on the wacky party planet of Luna, the sparkling hair and clothing add well to the atmosphere of the planet.

Oh, and I love the ending theme, but the main theme is such a snooze...And it does help to mention that the resume to each previous episode (well that's what they did in episode two anyway) is told by the count (or so I think...) in French.

Et il n'est pas mauvais du tout. He's not bad at all, does have an accent and has some troubles with prononciation but still cool. Anyway. watch it Sandy, it's really cool. Same goes to all of you who like intrigue and suspense a little......Head over to Anime Keep to download the first two episodes.

Signature Image

It was love from the first sight :) I've seen 3 eps and I think that Gankutsuou can be one of my fav animes. Plot is very original, characters are so cool (especially Count De Monte Cristo and Peppo), music is very nice(except for opening theme - this song is boooring!!! ) -_- and seyuu are great :) . The fourth ep will be release tomorrow. I can't wait so long!! :nya:

atzur

atzur

Atzur ~Livin' Sensations

I like this anime. The character design is simple, but the animation is great. I think it can become very famous.

www.atzur.com Living Sensations!
Pertenezco a...[Hispanime]
Signature

Quote by Electrastar. I thought the art
was bizarre at firts, but you quickly get used to it and I think it's
really original. When the characters are on the wacky party planet of
Luna, the sparkling hair and clothing add well to the atmosphere of the
planet.

Oh but I was under the impression that all these strange things don't only belong to Luna.

Quote: .Head over to Anime Keep to download
the first two episodes.

I've watched the ani-kraze version. That's why I took a little time before downloading it. I didn't know which group choose... well I'm not sure that Kraze was the best but I still haven't found where I could have opinions about it.

I've found the french voice funny cause for one I needn't to read sub-titles but interesting. During the 2np ep, I've tried to see which elements couldn't belong at all to the book like the kind of interference that prevent someone to have money.

Signature

I have to agree with Nayako. It was love at first sight for me with this anime, though I first heard of it in the Newtype Japan magazine. I saw this picture and it vaguely showed the Count's form, and Albert in clear view. I think the character design is wonderful. Especially how Mahiro Maeda designed the Count. I tend to wonder if he really IS a Vampire like it is rumoured. I mean, he does look like one, oui? The opening theme is slow and and a snore, I agree but I like the music and the words because it's basically, like the end theme, which I adore, is telling how the Count feels. I've listened to a lot of the backround music during each episode. Wonderful. I will be pleased to have the soundtrack soon. The production book will be wonderful. But only Japan residents can order it from G-mall. Fortunately I have a contact who has ordered it for me. Anyone planning to buy the Japan DVD's? I am, mainly for the bonus material and goodies.
As for Jouji Nakata, the Count's seiyuu, he surprised me with the French prologues to each episode. Since I'm not a native speaker of French I cannot tell when his pronounciation is 'off'. But otherwise it is impressive to hear a Japanese native speaking a European language, especially a difficult one like French. Also I *am* thrilled by the story. Especially in episode 9. That is actually pretty amusing. xD ;)

How do you people watch the espisodes before they're released?

Oh, and has anyone else read the book besides me?

I haven't read the book. Fortunately for me... I don't like much knowing the plot before...

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

Must see anime, in the first episodes is not very thrilling but afterwards the plot is taking the lead and takes the series in another level. The animation is very good especially the clothes [:P you can say that they are like a painting]. Well see all the series and after judge it.

I have finished watching the anime. The artwork is really fabulous but I have been more and more interested by the story. And there were few heart-breaking moments. I couldn't believe that some mecha figths could be so gore and violent...

I'm a french-speaker, it's quite interesting to hear the count speak in french even if it's really obvious that the seyuu isn't a native french-speaking but it adds a kind of strange atmosphere. I wasn't really interested by the music at first but I've learnt to appreciate it.

I plan to read the novel now - probably the first time I want to read a novel after watching an anime serie.

Signature

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

uau i have seen al the anime and is so cool..and scary at the same time..that world..in the end everithing turns out ok..but the series defenetly deserves to be seen by the ones that like this kind of anime like me

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

MizuhofanFFX2

MizuhofanFFX2

Mizuho Kazami's fan - FFX2 fan

i not watch all episode of this series but watch begin and ew latest to end. i just impression with armor fight. cool mechan.

This show is kinda like a far future version... I don't really like the theme song... the opening one isn't so nice to me but the ending rocks! The opening well, it tells the whole story... but I don't really like it...

Zeliard

Zeliard

I confess! I'm an otaku!!

I just watched it recently, and I really loved it. The retelling of Alexander Dumas' Count of Monte Cristo is great in GONZO's version. (though I haven't read the book yet)

Let me tell you what ANN says about the graphic.

"Clothing is rendered as a basic outline of the garment that moves over a static “fabric” background; hair is done in the same fashion, as are many other textures and surfaces in the show. The result will either make you weep tears of joy at how marvelously unique and beautiful it is or it’ll make you sort of nauseous and dizzy and maybe your eyes will hurt a little."

And their overall review?

Overall (dub) : B+
Overall (sub) : A+
Story : A+
Animation : A+
Art : A
Music : A

Signature

VERY GOOD !

omg.. such a good anime....
one of the best..

saw the entire anime.. 24 epis..

you must see to the end..

its not a normal one.. XDD

all A+ ! XD

Hi. Does anyone know if Ayane Yamano has parfticipated in making any art or something in the anime? I know she illustrated an anthology.

The story is nice also the art its serious and cool i recommend it ; its like a ova and is based on the original story of Alexandre Dumas but whit more fantasy ( fancy ) .

I just recently bought the box set of the anime when it was on sale, and although I haven't finished it, it's a great series. It's quite dark, and I couldn't sit and watch too much of it at one time or it made me a little depressed and crazy (but good crazy, haha). The story is really unique, and the art is beautiful, but a little overwhelming at times. The characters are all fantastic, especially the Count. I'd highly recommend it!

it was a pretty good series! didn't really like it at first, and the psychedelic art gave me a bit of a headache, but it really grew on me. it was also very sad at some points :S quite a fascinating retelling of the story imho :) really liked one of the instrumentals as well - kaishou, i think :P

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.