akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Cancel

Title: Blood Lad
Author: Yuuki Kodama
Studio: Brain's Base
Expected number of episodes: 12

Guess this series, even if it would like to, cannot deny his resemblance to the popular Soul Eater. It also has the same simplistic art, similar character setup and of course a solid ammount of jokes. (not sure who how, but I actually laughed on them, and that by the fact that I'm usually pretty picky humour-wise) In my opinion it has all the feater to become a popular mainstream series, but so far looks that only 12 episodes will be aired - which is weird, since the manga itself should have covered up at least for 24-26. There are 9 volumes so far, but the page number is double compared other manga. Anyways, let's focus on the anime itself and what is not here yet, it may come anytime.

Thread etiquette
1. This thread should be primarily about the story & art, with episode discussion
2. The discussion should be focused on the anime, easygoing manga refrences are accepted though
3. No one-liners. If you like this anime, X or Y character, okay, but tell your reasons why
4. Spoilers allowed, if you don't like that, either watch it regularly or don't read this topic

The constant bashing of my ecchi art and my haters formed me to what I am now - a full fledged hentai artist.
Signature

Tsasu

Tsasu

3am apologies

Cancel

The first time i saw this anime it didn't catch my whole atention because of the art work, i mean don't get ne wrong it looks great but it has it's bad moment's. Like for example in the color it's a bit to light but in a way it's there own style of making the art work that way, wich is good because it would really boring if they wer all the same. I didn't see much resemblace to Soul Eater even do i didn't finished the anime but even so i watch enought of that anime to give me a perspective view of it. In all i like this anime it's weird sense oh humer, i'm berarly in episode 5 after the main character (forgot his name) beat the guy who takes parts of other's to make him self stronger (almost like frakenstain but a bit more greede lol) but he didn't die if you all been keeping up with it you all should know why.

Oh there was this other thing i was dicusing with my brother, i was thinking that maybe they gave it 12 epiosdes even do it should have been more because it's based on a manga. In othr words it could go iether way (depending if they keep in track with the manga, i'm sure that's what some fans of it are expecting for it to do so.) or it could be just to get new fans to the manga. who know's.

whats the point of language, if you dont say what you feel
...so with that being saidSignature Image

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Cancel

Quote by TsasuThe first time i saw this anime it didn't catch my whole atention because of the art work

I know what you mean, guess the pretty much happened by Soul Eater and then we noticed that we are already in episode 50 :P

What I kinda liked from the first episode of Blood Lad (and I can say that is 1 of the 2 reasons why I keep watching it) is the otaku hobby of Staz. Otherwise Staz would be pretty average for a main hero in my opinion, but this very simple feature took him onto a level where even the picky people (example: me) can like him. And if we mention the first episode, I think that scene where the plant pukes out her bones, hit really hard. Not sure if in a good means, but on the end it ended still somehow acceptable.
And I really want more screetime for Liz, hope the new episodes will fix this.

The constant bashing of my ecchi art and my haters formed me to what I am now - a full fledged hentai artist.
Signature

Tsasu

Tsasu

3am apologies

Cancel

I know right, the whole manga colection and whole Otaku ura made him a way difrent Hero then the other ones, plus i'm sure alot of other people relate to it more. Oh i remeber that episode when that plant spit her bones, it was kinda shoking, the first time i saw it was hoping it was some one else. I think there in episode 7 right, it feels like this anime is going by fast (well for me). I thought it was funny how in episode seven , how staz is tring to stip fuyumi XD

whats the point of language, if you dont say what you feel
...so with that being saidSignature Image

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.