Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion of Luchie scan - Minitokyo

Deletion of Luchie scan

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

Quote: MisaSasekage,

The scan you have submitted (Luchie) was removed for the following reason:

- It is identical to (or lower quality than) an existing scan.

Please browse the image galleries prior to uploading images.

I submitted this scan: Luchie#626880 a few hours earlier and mine was deleted because it was supposedly a duplicate of donicilla's scan even though her scan (at least on my end) when I downloaded it just to be sure before I submitted mine, was just a duplicate of: Love Live! School Idol Project #626781

If the Luchie scan was indeed alright for submission, can mine please be restored?

Your link goes to another Luchie scan with a different submission number. If the deleted one is different, please send me a link and I'll check it. If it's OK, then you may resubmit it, Misa.

EDIT Apparently the thumbnail is incorrect. The Luchie scan that it links to will be retained as it was submitted first.

Fenafir

Retired Moderator, Scanner

Fenafir

Restored
Luchie#626843

since its the first submission.

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

There seems to be some mixed messages in that regard then.

For example, in a similar situation, there were two scans I submitted, then a few hours afterward I noticed that a slightly larger size was available for both of them. One of the two scans I uploaded was already here with the larger scan size submitted by another member. Since the larger scan was already the gallery I didn't bother to update it. But the second wasn't here yet so I updated it with the larger size. Afterwards I refreshed the gallery to make sure everything was correct with the scan size wise and that it wasn't submitted before my scan could update. Then a few minutes afterwards, that same member uploaded the second scan; the one I'd already updated. So I went in and reported my first scan being smaller than the newer one. Because fair is fair I couldn't update that one in time and the larger one got submitted. And reported the other member's duplicate of my second scan, because in that case I updated before it was submitted.

Now in that situation according to your own statement/rules of "first submissions take precedent" my first scan should be deleted and I should have been allowed to keep my second scan. But when I checked my notifications I had two deletions notices telling me that same thing that this Luchie scan did when for at least one of those two scans this was not the case.

Basically you deleted a first submission scan; even though it was updated, in favor of the newer scan. Then in the case of this Luchie scan you reverted back to what you say is the actual proper rule to follow. And since the above stated situation that I explained to you is the only instance of something similar that I personally have had I thought it was okay for me to submit the Luchie scan as I did. Since at least when I downloaded donicilla's scan yesterday before I submitted it was still showing up as a Love Live scan.

Fenafir

Fenafir

Her scan is older by 1 hr and all of the scans that were sent were 2450x3470 so I do not get what you mean when it is smaller than the other.

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

Yes the dimensions for her scan did change but the image itself didn't and in a different instance where that happened the one that was updated beforehand was deleted in favor of the newer but identical scan that was just submitted by a different member.

Fenafir

Fenafir

Thumbnails/scan pictures delay when you update to a different scan. Eventually it will show its correct format within a few hours. That is why there was a confusion in the deletion of these 3 scans.

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

Alrighty, I get what you're saying though. And I do appreciate the replies back. ^^

Focusing upon that which one may yet achieve in the future may prove far more rewarding than targeting a small loss. Understanding and acceptance free us as wings uplift the angels. Would you chain yourself here on this one item, or set your objective higher still? You protest but a single scan, how many have escaped you in such a time?

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

I get what you're saying Hoo, higher objective of course ;) Anyways, I understand, I moreso just wanted to know more of how that whole process was handled in this case so that I could have a clearer understanding.

I had no intention of being a pain in the butt so I sincerely hope it didn't come across that way. Thanks very much for info as well as both of your time, I'd like to request this thread be closed now ^_^

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.