Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Quotes 2 - Minitokyo

This thread is full. If you wish to continue discussing this subject, you are allowed to make a new thread about it.

page 2 of 21 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 Next » 501 total items

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Why thank you Comp.

"The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood." - Buddha

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

Some motivational quotes:

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. –Wayne Gretzky
The mind is everything. What you think you become. –Buddha
Work spares us from three evils: boredom, vice, and need. -Voltaire
If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. (Destitutus ventis, remos adhibe) -Latin Proverb
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal. –Henry Ford
There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. –Aristotle
Fall seven times and stand up eight. –Japanese Proverb
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Albert Einstein
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. –Lao Tzu
(^ a similar one was: "You must be ready to sacrifice what you are to become what you want to be")

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"All war is deception." - Sun Tzu

Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get. - Mark Twain
If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do, you are misinformed. - Mark Twain
Always forgive your enemies: nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same. - Oscar Wilde

somax

somax

into the nothing

"all in the valley of death rode the six hundred" from Poem of Alfred Tennyson "The Charge of the Light Brigade"

merged: 09-17-2013 ~ 05:34pm
Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can’t savor all the… little emotions. In… you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I know your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?

Quote by the Joker in The Dark Night

merged: 09-17-2013 ~ 05:40pm
“Why so serious? ...Let’s put a smile on that face".

merged: 09-17-2013 ~ 05:41pm
"Introduce a little anarchy. upset the established order and everything becomes chaos".

Cirru

Cirru

Interstellar Force

"The thing called "justice" changes its shape... Depending on where you stand." - Kuzan, One Piece

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"Say hello to My Little Pony" - Al Pacino

http://i.imgur.com/fsJIS.jpg

Some quotes by George Carlin:
-It's never just a game when you're winning.
-Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time! ~But he Loves you~
-So maybe it’s not the politicians who suck; maybe it’s something else. Like the public. That would be a nice realistic campaign slogan for somebody: “The public sucks. Elect me.” Put the blame where it belongs: on the people. Because if everything is really the fault of politicians, where are all the bright, honest, intelligent Americans who are ready to step in and replace them? Where are these people hiding? The truth is, we don’t have people like that. Everyone’s at the mall, scratching his balls and buying sneakers with lights in them. And complaining about the politicians.

If God had meant for men to jump out of a perfectly good airplane He would have kept them on the ground in the first place.

- Hooyaah

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"These are not the droid you are looking for." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

HunterHunted

HunterHunted

Get this thing Off of Me >-<

Do not afraid to face your difficulties, They Will Push you forward.

We all need Faith, A faith to love all that you are
We all need Love, When there's no hope beyond the door
We all need Hope, A hope To live For something More
-Esterlyn

'If you are going through hell, keep going'
-maybe Winston Churchill. I'm not sure though ^^;

shadowwhuntress

shadowwhuntress

Divergent

"First love makes a person grow while last love completes them." Just found it a while ago and I agree.

here for a moment

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”
― Marilyn Monroe

"News people ask me what I wear to bed, I tell them, Chanel Number Five, I don't want to say the word 'nude', but it's the truth." (paraphrased)

- Marilyn Monroe

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa

Cirru

Cirru

Interstellar Force

"Conversation is an art in which a man has all mankind for his competitors, for it is that which all are practising every day while they live."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anther

Retired Moderator

Anther

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - O. Wilde

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - O. Wilde

And in general, I really love most of Oscar Wilde's aphorism.

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
~~ Plato

"Maths is a part of one's soul"
-TheCompiler

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind."

~ Buddha

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz - L. Frank Baum

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"Was that a quote? I do believe you missed the marks."

~ UberDog

shadowwhuntress

shadowwhuntress

Divergent

"There are things people can’t accept, even if they do understand them." -Athrun Zala (Gundam SEED)

here for a moment

page 2 of 21 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 Next » 501 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.