Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Quotes 2 - Minitokyo

This thread is full. If you wish to continue discussing this subject, you are allowed to make a new thread about it.

page 4 of 21 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 Next » 501 total items

YHE

YHE

What The Freak !!!

"If you stay alive, good things are bound to happen" from the old man in One piece movie-Dead End Adventure. Forgot the name o_O

Y ou
H ave
E mailSignature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"They say there is no such place as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there’s nothing at all. No matter how far you walk, it’s just the same road, it just goes on and on. But in spite of that…Why am I so driven to find it?"

~ Kiba (Wolf’s Rain)

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

If you shoot at mimes, should you use a silencer? --Steven Wright

Are the people who run for president ready the best in a country of 240 million? If so, something has happened to the gene pool. –Bob McKenzic

Never get deeply in debt to someone who cried at the end of Scarface. –Robert S. Wieder

BuBbLeS!

Signature

shadowwhuntress

shadowwhuntress

Divergent

"What's the world's greatest lie?" the boy asked, completely surprised.

"It's this: that at a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what's happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate. That's the world's greatest lie."

~The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

here for a moment

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”

-Terry Pratchett

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"Yeah. OK, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of YOUR BEER, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours - a COP - had some, and HE PUKED. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he'll press charges."

~ Doug McKenzie

gadisitugirl

gadisitugirl

D u n d u n

"When you choose a man to be your husband, the important thing is that it's not about his pretty face but it's about his responsibilities" My teacher quote :D

Signature Imageᴍᴀʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜs! ಥ‿ಥ

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

Be a craftsman in speech that thou mayest be strong, for the strength of one is the tongue, and speech is mightier than all fighting. -- Maxims of Ptahhotep, 3400 B.C.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"You are what you eat" ~~ Author Unknown

gadisitugirl

gadisitugirl

D u n d u n

"Your mouth is your tiger" my auntie likes to say that :D

Signature Imageᴍᴀʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜs! ಥ‿ಥ

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"That friendship will not continue to the end which is begun for an end." ~ Francis Quarles

One of my very favourite quotes from one of my favourite mangakas ! this is also my motto ! > “The less worth of a man,the greater his pride.”
― Yukito Kishiro (Author of Battle Angel Alita).

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected." ~ Steve Jobs

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." - Confucius

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

taken from
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html?a
Please do visit it, it's intriguing.

"Most of space is just that, empty space.
I guess this is why most maps of the solar system aren't drawn to scale. It's not hard to draw the planets. It's the empty space that's a problem.
Most space charts leave out the most significant part – all the space.
We're used to dealing with things at a much smaller scale than this.
When it comes to things like the age of the earth, the number of snowflakes in Siberia, the national debt... Those things are too much for our brains to handle.
We need to reduce things down to something we can see or experience directly in order to understand them. We're always trying to come up with metaphors for big numbers.
Even so, they never seem to work. It’s easy to disregard nothingness because there’s no thought available to encapsulate it. It’s a good thing we have these tiny stars and planets, otherwise we’d have no point of reference at all. We’d be surrounded by this stuff that our minds weren’t built to understand.
You look at one tiny dot, then you look for the next tiny dot. Everything in between is inconsequential and fairly boring. Emptiness is actually everywhere. It’s something like 99.9999999999999999999958% of the known universe.
You could safely say the universe is a "whole lotta nothing."
If so much of the universe is made up of emptiness, what does that mean to people like us, living on a tiny speck in the middle of all of it? With so much emptiness, aren't stars, planets, and people just glitches in an otherwise elegant and uniform nothingness, like pieces of lint on a black sweater?
But so much emptiness makes the tiny bits of matter that much more meaningful - simply by the fact that, against all odds, they aren't empty.
It seems like we are both pathetically insignificant, and miraculously important at the same time. We walk around with miniature, emotional versions of the universe inside of us.

It's reassuring to know that no matter how depressingly bleak or ridiculously momentous we feel, the universe, judging by its current structure, seems well aware of both extremes.The fact that you're here, in the midst of all this nothing, is pretty amazing when you stop and think about it."

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

"Why are pants so complicated?" - me when putting on my pants

#likethat'sabadthinglol

I think you're absolutely right. I agree with you.

Fifa world coins

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"Do, or do not. There is no "try"." ~ Yoda

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author. --G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"What you are smelling is your upper lip." ~ UberDog

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. –Edgar Allen Poe

BuBbLeS!

Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

"The White Zone is for unloading and loading only. If you need to load or unload please proceed to the White Zone." ~ The Central Scrutinizer

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. -- Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

BuBbLeS!

Signature

page 4 of 21 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 Next » 501 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.