Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 dark hotaru v2 (wallpaper) - Minitokyo

dark hotaru v2 (wallpaper)

page 1 of 1 4 total items

LavaBug

panzerkardinal

For some reason I only now got the notification about the deletion of this
(or I was probably too dumb to see it in time, sorry for that).
Anyway, the wallpaper in question is:

dark hotaru v2 by LavaBug
dark hotaru v2 by LavaBug

The message I received was:

Quote:
LavaBug,

The wallpaper you have submitted (dark hotaru v2) was removed for one or more of the following reasons:

- It was too simplistic.
- The subject was too blurry or over-filtered.
- It used screenshots or unmodified stock photos.
- It was a low-effort wallpaper.
- It was an alternate version of an existing wallpaper. Please only upload one version of a wallpaper. If you wish to display alternate versions, you may post an offsite link.
- It did not feature an anime-style image.

Minitokyo only accepts wallpapers that meet certain standards of quality. For help with making wallpapers, refer to the Art & Design Lounge and/or Sandbox.

Additional information provided by the moderator:
Low quality elements used

This wallpaper has been on this site for probably ten years and it is easily my most viewed/downloaded wallpaper of all times.
I kinda find it hard to believe that only NOW it's not good enough to be here anymore.

So I really like you to consider putting it back online,
- LavaBug

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please cut this part out...then eat it ^^

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

The wallpaper was deleted due to, as stated, low quality elements used in it. The image of Hotaru/Sailor Saturn has some quality issues like bad extraction and the overall low quality of the image itself, which is pretty jagged and pixelated in places. Some of those background elements share the same problem and the overall composition lacks cohesion.

Your wallpaper is not the first (nor the last) older wallpaper that has been deleted; as standards have changed throughout the years, we have decided to delete all items that have the same issues present in them. Also note that the amount of comments/faves/downloads doesn't mean the item will be kept if its quality doesn't meet the current MT standards.

Signature

LavaBug

panzerkardinal

Well I was just saying that a lot of people didn't mind the "problems" this wallpaper has and that the reception was always pretty good.
Not saying is doesn't have problems, would not make another one like it today, things change.
(Not necessarily for the better, but this is not the place to discuss this)
If you dont want it on the site, it's your decision, still from my standpoint I had to at least try to appeal its deletion.
Thanks for taking your time anyway!
- bug

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please cut this part out...then eat it ^^

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

LavaBug, probably a big thing that should be pointed out is that a lot of the older wallpapers deleted were also popular pieces.

A few weeks ago, a member was curious about the process of standards here. To summarize it, the rules have constantly been changing as standards in art have changed.

Essentially, your piece was a fantastic piece for it's time, but due to the standard of artwork being constantly increased due to the amount of programs available, techniques used and just overall progress in the anime wallpaper community it no longer meets with those standards.

I don't think anyone on Minitokyo wants you to feel that your piece does not hold value anymore. It was discussed before the rule set was invoked two years or so ago if we wanted to have a separate section for older wallpapers that were popular. The end result was that it was felt there would be a conflicting theme with our current standards and rules. We felt that members could easily refer to this section and point out "Why was this deleted when you still allow for something like this to be in the gallery". I want you to know that it is very common for members to reference other wallpapers they feel are "weaker" efforts or utilize similar styles or techniques as examples of why their pieces should be in the gallery. As a result, a constant had to be made throughout the website.

As for the reason in deletion, it's hard for the staff handling the wallpaper section (which only consists of two active moderators) to get around to each and every single piece that has been submitted. Minitokyo has been around for close to a decade now, and the end result is that there are a lot of Wallpapers on here. Everyone tries to be as diligent as possible, but Minitokyo moderating is completely volunteer based. Everyone tries to put in as much time as they can, but it's a difficult thing to do. Especially when such a huge rule is made and the entire gallery needs to be combed. Therefore, some pieces may not be touched until way later, since there is also additional daily moderating duties that must be performed alongside this.

As someone who's been here for quite some time, I wish there was a way that we could keep these pieces of history with us while still expanding our standards. However, that just isn't possible.

While I know you don't have any problems with the deletion, I certainly hope this helps explain more so as to why (despite popularity) your item was removed. Thank you for trying to appeal the deletion in a very professional and polite manner!

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.