Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 [Ecchi Content] Female character design and appeal - Minitokyo

[Ecchi Content] Female character design and appeal

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Cirru

Cirru

Interstellar Force

(had a difficult time thinking of a good title for the thread... so hope it is easy to understand)

Essentially, why does it seem like manga/comic designers (US, Japan, and other countries) are drawing more females with larger chests? Is there actual interest in seeing women like this or are the companies/artists thinking this is what we want to see (when in fact it isn't)? Or something else?

Examples:

Saigado#633273

Gensou Senki Ru/Li/Lu/Ra#633646

Bug Bug

Thank you for your input.

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

It has been scientifically proven that men are more happier as they see some cleavage. Then to think a nice amount of cleavage gives a woman lovely curves. I do have to say that artists tend to make them almost unrealistically large for a skinny girl (It tends to look more like E/F cup when most women have A-D cup).

Manga/Comics have the majority of male audience. Surely, there are a lot of females but just not as much. Maybe enough females now but all this stuff used to be a boy-thing in the past, so it is mainly based on it (history is important to see why what we have now!). Obviously, you should know that many men like to see a nice amount of cleavage. It is basically to please the reader more as the characters are more attractive and likable.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Since it's an animated medium, it allows for more flexible physics, so boobs can bounce all over the place like water balloons just like Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic Four can stretch his limbs entire stories high.
In American comics, costumes are also very tight (sometimes, "skintight" is lightly put), which makes the breasts/bottom appear even bigger/curvier.
Compare it to more "realistic" anime, where most girls have smaller breasts. Being truer to life also means respecting real laws of physics and anatomy (most women have B or C). I wouldn't say the last image you linked to is that bad, they're a bit larger than usual but nothing outrageous like in the first.

On the other hand, you also have the fascination with flat-chested loli characters (every harem anime has at least one), so that would be interesting to look into as well. It's a matter of reaching extremes, though, of illustrating something you don't normally see on the streets (in the case of bigger breasts).

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

moritz

Scanner

moritz

the cursing hedgehog

I personnally think that every detail is fantasized. Most japanese girls have black and short hair, brown eyes, slanted eyes, and are of short stature. Although they are very charming for who they are, they are usually represented with long legs, long, curly and colored hair, huge colored eyes and big breasts. This latter point being number one on the charts as a male fantasy and a subject of female jealousy throughout the world...

I'll give you a spoonful of ecchi with a pinch of humor ^_^
Signature

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.