Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Manga - Minitokyo

Tagged under Aria

page 1 of 1 8 total items

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is an English translation manga of Aria, volumes 7-12. I have Aqua and Aria volumes 1-6. I absolutely love the series. Such a peaceful read.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

According to Google: Tokyopop: Fate of unfinished manga series

It seems the license is up for grabs... and if no other publishing house has picked it up by now, it will probably remain unfinished as far as English Translations go. D:

Signature Image

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

The fate of Aria in english was sealed with Tokyopop going down. Luckily I speak fluently german and purchased the whole series in double volumes from Tokyopop Gmbh (which has nothing do with Tokyopop US) and additionally Aqua, the predecessor of the series. All of them brand new with bonus pictures compared the english release :P

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

Thanks for your information. It is a shame Tokyopop went under. I see there are English translations online but I like having the book in my hands. I did some digging around and the Aria animation series are being done. Aria and the following series "The Natural" and "The Natural Part Two", as well as "Origination" in English subs.

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Quote by Bswanson2013are being done

The anime version of Aria was completed back in 2008. There are 3 series, Natural has only 1 season, since it was aired at once , but compared the other two Animation and Originations has double number of episodes - 26. Also there is a OVA called Arietta.
Its a beautiful series, thats for sure.

About Tokyopop US - unfortunately I have seen it coming. If you look at their manga list, they had some really amazing ones (Dazzle, Aria), but they never had any popular series there to begin with. The fact is that we are on the west, where amazing doesn't means that it will sell. You need to have some endless series for the masses, which will cover the financial loss created by other less selling ones. Also I will be blunt with you, Tokyopop had many of their translations really terrible, which destroyed some really good titles - for example Ikkitousen.
Tokyopop should be a example for all others, we are not in Japan, where they sell manga even in the supermarket. With the fact that most people will get it from online manga sites and also in overall much less books are sold now, the market became really fragile.

Signature

Thank you for your information. Would you recommend some Manga for me to check out?

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

In the case that you are like me and prefer your manga on paper, the easiest is search them by publishers, each of them should have his very own website. Though if you decided for one, buying directly from publishers doesn't needs to always turn out cheaper, so compare it with the prices of bigger book sellers.

Currently active companies publishing manga in english are:

Viz Media
Yen Press
Seven Seas
Kodansha Comics (formerly known as Del-Rey)
Vertical Inc.

Except the classics, even a lot of manga which even in Japan would count as new, got a translation, like: Btooom!, Sankarea, Haganai, Psyren, Mayo Chiki!, Attack on Titan, Triage X, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka, etc. All of them are good, but maybe you should read the descriptions by the publishers.

Signature

You can talk with friends, brainstorming on the other hand, you can also check the Internet so the answer a little more authority. I think these are a good way to [ link removed, spam ] solve the problem. Good luck to you!

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.