Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion of The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi... - Minitokyo

Deletion of The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi...

Tagged under The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Quote by fluke,

The scan you have submitted (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Line Drawing Collection pg29) was removed for one or more of the following reasons:

- The image was too small. Only scans with a clear subject of 1,000,000 pixels or more are accepted.
- The scan contains excessive artifacts. This includes, but is not limited to: page folds, dust, or text on the image.
- The image was enlarged. The majority of anime images found on the internet are not sufficient quality to be submitted at Minitokyo, please do not attempt to enlarge these images for submission.

If you still find the scan is of decent quality however, you can always submit it at Minitokyo's sister site: Zerochan.

Sincerely,

Minitokyo Staff

This is an automated message and cannot be replied.

Inquiries can be made in the Deletion Complaints forum.

Can I get a specific reason it was deleted? It's been in the gallery for what, 6 years or so, no ones ever complained about the image before and I believe I kept it within the pixel size requirements.

Fenafir

Retired Moderator, Scanner

Fenafir

Its a lineart from the animation. So its treated like a screenshot which we do not accept these types of scans.

fluke

fluke

Quote by FenafirIts a lineart from the animation. So its treated like a screenshot which we do not accept these types of scans.

Is this a new rule? This has been in the gallery for nearly 6 years and there has never been an issue with it and it's certainly not because someone did not notice it.

Fenafir

Fenafir

Not really a new rule, its just that people rarely submit these lineart/cels/douga/genga scans used in animation.

fluke

fluke

Quote by FenafirNot really a new rule, its just that people rarely submit these lineart/cels/douga/genga scans used in animation.

I hit report by accident, anyways...

I don't believe it's right to treat this as a screen shot when it's clearly not. The scan is large, clean and sharp, I mean I tore a book apart to get the scan, it's most certainly not a screenshot.

Fenafir

Fenafir

The quality is not the issue. Its the subject matter.

These lineart cels is the base that makes the animation. Just add the coloring and you got a scanned screenshot. Now if this was a lineart used as a stand alone artwork and not in animation it can be kept.

Many scanners rip and tear up their artbook just to scan. Your case is no different from theirs. Those are the risk your going have to accept when you become a scanner.

Just because one site does not accept this one scan does not prevent you from posting in other imageboards. I'm sure other sites will accept it just fine which will be appreciate by much more people.

fluke

fluke

Quote by FenafirThe quality is not the issue. Its the subject matter.

These lineart cels is the base that makes the animation. Just add the coloring and you got a scanned screenshot. Now if this was a lineart used as a stand alone artwork and not in animation it can be kept.

Many scanners rip and tear up their artbook just to scan. Your case is no different from theirs. Those are the risk your going have to accept when you become a scanner.

Just because one site does not accept this one scan does not prevent you from posting in other imageboards. I'm sure other sites will accept it just fine which will be appreciate by much more people.

I'm not blaming someone for me tearing up my book to scan it, I chose to do that. I'm just saying isn't it a little bit after the fact, 6 years after the fact, that this piece of artwork has been in the gallery, I don't even recall how many downloads or favorites on it, that is was uploaded at the height of Haruhi's run that of all those times, now it gets deleted. I think believe that is poor taste. You can't tell me that you or which ever gallery mod just found this for the first time in all that time and just now realized it supposedly fits into your definition of a screenshot. Yes it looks it is a depiction of a scene in the anime, but in no way shape or form does that make it a "screenshot" I did not grab this from a video on my computer, dvd or blu-ray. Those are screenshots, would you delete a vector of an image captured from an anime? Would that not also fit your loose defintion of a screenshot?

I don't question many of the deletions from my gallery over the years, but this one has no basis at all in my opinion and if this can't be reinstated, I think I will just take the rest of my gallery and move on.

Fenafir

Fenafir

Minitokyo has change within those 6 years. New scan mods replace the retired mods, galleries get reviewed and cleaned up. We would never delete scans blindly without a reason. Lately we had deleted a lot of old scans for poor quality or ones that did not fit the requirements. Which unfortunately happen to be one of yours.

I think your taking the wording of screenshot to linearly. I know you did not screencap the picture from a video source. I just call it as a "scanned screenshot" because I'm not sure if you knew what douga/genga or cels are. I should have probably phrased it as "scanned lineart screenshots" to avoid such confusion.

So any scanned lineart that were used during the animation making process aka douga/genga are not acceptable since they fall under as screenshot because its depicts scenes played in animation.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.