Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion of 3 Model scans - Minitokyo

Deletion of 3 Model scans

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Hi, I wanted to ask why 3 of my more recent (well, one was older) Model scans were deleted - specifically, 637432, 612861 and 561912.

While I deleted the PMs, they did mention the scans were deleted for being manga panels. However:
1) yes, there were lines visible, but what about Manga Panels?
2) 637432 doesn't have visible manga panel lines and IMO it's big enough. My point is that seeing as they aren't covered by text or cut off too much, they might as well be illustrations and not manga panels.

I also made sure at least 80% of the images was usable. The panel lines don't overlap the characters either.

I'd like to know what separates the images I submitted from 223800 or 632688, for example (aside from being in color, obviously). As in, why mine were deleted and those weren't.

Thanks in advance for your reply :)

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Fenafir

Retired Moderator, Scanner

Fenafir

1) Two Kings We keep colored manga panel so that is why its kept.

2) AMNESIA#632687 this looks more like a stand alone scan. Like maybe similar to a intro or splash page.

The type of manga panel we do not keep are the scenes that take place in manga's main story line. Not only is it to prevent spoilers but it is also to prevent any huge floods of member submitting random panel scenes. Now I know not all panel scenes contain spoilers but we need to draw a line somewhere and put some limitations. We do not want a coupon-like book gallery filled with random manga clippings. So for an example, if one volume of a manga has like 50+ pretty panel shots and someone decides to send them all in think of how much that can add up if we include volume two, three, ten, twenty etc. Especially if they are from very popular series such as Naruto, Bleach and One Piece which have like over 30+ volumes.

Its kind of the same reason why we delete scanned screenshots of anime too.

If your still confuse or need more explanation feel free to ask.

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

@ Fen: I see, thanks for the explanation. Maybe it would be best to have a guide for these, as I looked through the policy and all the stickies on the forums and couldn't find anything forbidding people from submitting scans of manga panels. It would've saved me some editing time to know what I can and can't submit, aside from the ecchi requirements. I thought I only had to go so far as quality, size and usability are concerned. However, I haven't come across a rule to limit the number of submissions one can post, and if those scans are good - not full of text, not damaged, clean, big enough, not cropped in a limiting way for others to use them - and have no spoilers, why not accept them? But hey, if those are the rules I'll stick to them.

I thought anime screenshots were deleted for quality concerns (resizing them to look bigger to pass them off as proper scans), but that makes sense.
I don't know if the comparison is appropriate, but bloat can also be applied to Game CGs - which can also contain spoilers. And I've come across galleries full of images with only slight changes between them (mouth/eye position, for example). So if we're going by bloat alone, these would be problematic as well.

I'm not asking for my scans to be put back up (though, of course, I wouldn't mind), just trying to understand how scans are judged and the reason behind these standards (which I thought was quality/usability, independent of the source). And I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Edit: I'm not being sarcastic D:

Fenafir

Fenafir

Sorry about the confusion pande. Its kind of hard for me to judge what is a cropped manga panel scan since I've never read a lot of manga. I usually have to relie on reports for these scans. If it were me, I would have not accept any sorts of manga panel shots that are related to the main storyline.

Some panel scans are also debatable as there are some that are okay and some are not.

For example I would have deleted these for bad subject:

Dog Days#621216

Artbook

Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden

But I do not want to get too technical in this category. It just my opinion right now. Nothing worth changing for.

Yes scanned screenshot were for also deleted for quality reason too. Also, the Game Cgs had been fixed and limited so we do not have too many similarities. Like scenes with girl's eyes fully open, eyes semi closed, eyes fully closed, eyes squinting etc.

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Alright, I won't upload any more manga panel scans anymore then, thank you for clearing that up c:

I have a question: if I want to upload a scan where the manga panel is 5% of the image and I remove said manga panel, can I still upload that scan? As in, it would be a full manga page, with that small panel removed.
And for a specific image: would it be alright if I uploaded only the portrait part of this image: sample of manga page a.k.a. crop the portrait and remove the speech bubbles and text.

Fenafir

Fenafir

If its something like this
Batty Ken (01)

This is fine, you don't have to crop the panels if you do not want to as I prefer if someone submits the entirety of a page so it does not leave me guessing "is this a just a scanned cut out from a manga panel?" @_@
But you can submit it however you want.

As for the portrait sample, I guess its acceptable since the main subject (portrait) is the whole page. So send away.

I don't know if this helps but in the Claymore category, it has some manga scans that you can use as more reference: http://browse.minitokyo.net/gallery?tid=1444&index=3 which are ok.

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Ah, the one I have in mind has a smaller manga panel than the "Batty Ken" one, so I guess it's OK ^^' I can provide the original page in the description though, for comparison.
And thank you for the link, I'll take a look at them c:

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.