Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ecchi Crackdown - Minitokyo

Ecchi Crackdown

This thread is pinned.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Hey all, recently we have had to become more strict on what is considered Ecchi on the site. Please understand that what we do is in order to comply with the demands of the advertisers.

Here are a few things now deemed 'Ecchi': girls in bikinis, females with big boobs, spilled liquids of any kind on bodies, torn or minimal clothing...

This is non-negotiable. Please contact your nearest Staff Member if you have any questions.

Posted at the request of Sheqel

Signature Image

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Hrmmm? Touche advertisers...touche.

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

"demands of the advertisers" - a good deal of adverts is about "lose weight" which contains a picture of women in underwear. So please block those as well.

"females with big boobs" - utterly stupid and pure discrimination. It's merely a body feature. So if she has a large bust size, we consider ecchi even if she wears a thick coat? Why you don't right add ecchi as a character tag? "Sorry, but Astraea is a G cup, therefore all her scans will be considered ecchi."

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc221/akiranyo/Stalker%20Club/vlcsnap-2014-01-03-14h38m39s157_zpsf546e2a3.jpg

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

looks like there going to be loads more pics people can't see, but to keep a site open one must do what one must do ! and to think, more people are going to be able to tag and get that enjoying achievement ! so get out there and get tagging folks !

BuBbLeS!

Signature

XD i could stop laughing at Akiras picture post.

I wonder why MT is geting more tight about icchi stuff O.o?

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by TsasuXD i could stop laughing at Akiras picture post.

I wonder why MT is geting more tight about icchi stuff O.o?

Fireflywishes mentioned why in the initial thread post.

This is not something Minitokyo is doing by personal choice, but rather something we have to do because if we don't we don't get ad revenue.

Sadly, a website of Minitokyo's magnitude requires ad revenue to exist. If that revenue ceases, it makes it far more taxing (and expensive) to run this website, which makes it beyond simply a choice we can make.

Signature Image

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Firefly and Cy are right. Think of all the metric tons of images that need hosting. I'd gladly share my closet but the server room for MT is bigger than my apartment and I refuse to sell my cat to cover costs.

Edit: that hilarious translation implies that Astraea is, in fact, a literal pair of boobs.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

The work will still be there, could be a lot worse.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Now i see why, well any tips on what we can do to make icchi rules less strik?

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by TsasuNow i see why, well any tips on what we can do to make icchi rules less strik?

There isn't anything we can do.

What decides how strict it is, is based upon the people with whom we advertise.

Think of it like this. Let's say you've got a friend and she's willing to loan you her game console. However, in return for you keeping it she asks that you don't talk about lewd things in front of her. So long as you don't, you can keep borrowing the console.

If we want to continue getting ad revenue, we need to abide by the rules that they set. For us to open up those rules would mean that we provide the money ourselves, and it is just far too expensive for the Admin to do by himself.

Signature Image

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

The solution is simple. Get in contact with sankaku complex and ask them where they get their ads from. =D

shadowwhuntress

shadowwhuntress

Divergent

There's no harm in tagging suggestive images and busty characters with ecchi, right?
As long as a person registers, he'll still see everything... it's not like ecchi will be erased permanently in MT.

If we don't do anything about it now, then soon maybe the rules will only be stricter and may come to a point where MT has to delete every ecchi picture just to stay alive, and surely we don't want that.

And that's, of course, just my view in this.

here for a moment

The only problem this creates is that those who don't mind borderline ecchi images(like torn clothing, etc) but do mind borderline hentai images will have to either forget borderline ecchi or deal with borderline hentai.
Can't there be a separate hardcore/soft ecchi tag? I'd asked this a few months ago. Adding another filter might not be feasible but at least the search feature can be used to separate ecchi into two parts? (I know soft or hardcore is subjective and the boundary between them is fuzzy, but at least the fuzziness is limited)

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by TheCompilerThe only problem this creates is that those who don't mind borderline ecchi images(like torn clothing, etc) but do mind borderline hentai images will have to either forget borderline ecchi or deal with borderline hentai.
Can't there be a separate hardcore/soft ecchi tag? I'd asked this a few months ago. Adding another filter might not be feasible but at least the search feature can be used to separate ecchi into two parts? (I know soft or hardcore is subjective and the boundary between them is fuzzy, but at least the fuzziness is limited)

Zerochan, Minitokyo's sister website, did something like this before. Unfortunately, it ended up being merged after awhile simply because it creates an abundance of work and the categories themselves start to blur. It starts to then question what's the exact difference between mild ecchi, hardcore ecchi, etc. However, it is something we are discussing.

The rules will still stand as previously, it's just that we're forced to encompass more content under the ecchi tag.

Quote by UsagixKitsuneThe solution is simple. Get in contact with sankaku complex and ask them where they get their ads from. =D

That's definitely a good point! The only reason for concern would be is that some of the ads on there aren't exactly for all ages. Minitokyo has always been, and still is, geared as a family-friendly website. So, unfortunately this is rather unlikely to happen.

Signature Image

Anther

Retired Moderator

Anther

As shadowwhuntress said, it's not like ecchi scans are going to be permanently banned or deleted from MT, we are simply asking to all members to tag as ecchi scans that weren't considered ecchi before. That's all.

Edit:
Sorry, didn't see CyanideBlizzard comment.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Again, if you're unsure of something, just ask us through one of these:
- PM one of the mods or elites;
- report the image and, in the report, ask if if should be tagged with Ecchi.

And, yet again, it's not a decision we can go back on or modify. Firefly gave a clear reason, one that is necessary for the site to stay up. Blaming her or any of the mods for something vital to the site's well-being that you don't happen to agree with is not "cool", it's immature and naive. So, please, re-read the initial post if you're here to complain. We don't like it either. We're all in the same boat.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Due to the excessive amount of great feedback, this thread is now pinned.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.