What's the best gift you've ever received?

page 1 of 1 16 total items

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Lazy af

Cancel

Topic says it all. What's the best thing someone has given you? Or maybe it's not a thing, but something they did for you (like taking you out somewhere). And who did you get your gift from? Was it for a special occasion? /inquisitive

I got a pair of headphones from my best friend a few years ago, as a birthday gift. They came quite in handy too since my previous pair had just broken! They're quite resistant and I still use them now ^^

Want to help out with tagging? (Of course you do!) See these: Tag admin thread | Guidelines | Tag-licious

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Cancel

I recall 4 various items dear to me.

1. My Atari 2600 console. I got this one from my parents when I was quite little and it was my first meeting with video games. Unfortunately it got screwed up and I don't own it anymore.
2. John Caldwell - Chaos. As you can guess, it's a book. Also from my parents. It wasn't my 1st fantasy book, but it introduced me to the world of Worluk (similar to Middleearth) and I'm a fan even upon this day.
3. My favorite Sparky-chan. Got her for Xmas from my mom, like 14 years ago. She is a purple dragon plushie who I really love. I still sleep with her once per while.
4. A anime figure which I got from my best friend. I also had my eyes on it, due it was priced off like 50%, but I forgot about and when I checked back, somebody bought it already. Guess who...*pats the figure on the shelf* By the way the figure is the blonde royal girl from Shining Hearts, you know, the one with the complicated name.

The constant bashing of my ecchi art and my haters formed me to what I am now - a full fledged hentai artist.
Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Cancel

A friend of mine a long time ago gave me a Touhou game to try out for fun, back then Touhou never had the fanbase it has now and unusually, more than 15 years into the future, I'm still enjoying playing them during my free time and have pretty much every game released. I think that mostly is the best gift I had, since it got me into the entire anime thing - which brought me to forums about anime.

Chain process after that, really.
I don't think many gifts given to me could outdo that one.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Lazy af

Cancel

Wow, it's interesting to see how some apparently unimportant gifts end up meaning so much in the long run!

Aki, I like how you listed different mediums that ended up sort of a starting point for your hobbies! Did you ever get a replacement for your console or buy a different one?

Darth, did you turn into an even bigger fan of Touhou than your friend? That'd be funny, you talking about it a lot and the friend thinking "oh jesus, WHY did I give it to her?" XD
I'm kinda confused about Touhou. I mean, I've heard it's a series of games, but there's so much media of it out there that it's kinda like Fate/Stay Night: it's confusing for an outsider (*cough* or me *cough*).

Hmm, another gift I am very thankful for is my camera. I got it as a birthday gift from my parents in 2009 and it's been with me almost everywhere I've gone to. I've captured lots of beautiful, sad and silly moments, though my only regret is not filming the time I was almost chased by a real bear (it did happen, honestly!) Sadly, I think it's on the verge of breaking now since it randomly turns off, but it's still something I love.

Want to help out with tagging? (Of course you do!) See these: Tag admin thread | Guidelines | Tag-licious

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

Cancel

Hmm, probably my hedgehog candle. No, definitely my hedgehog candle.

I think the greatness of the gift should need no explanation.

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Cancel

Quote by pandemonium91Darth, did you turn into an even bigger fan of Touhou than your friend? That'd be funny, you talking about it a lot and the friend thinking "oh jesus, WHY did I give it to her?" XD
I'm kinda confused about Touhou. I mean, I've heard it's a series of games, but there's so much media of it out there that it's kinda like Fate/Stay Night: it's confusing for an outsider (*cough* or me *cough*).

Naturally and I remember every girl in the game, but recalling their names is a problem every now and then. 14 games in the series so far, but more than that if you count the #.5 games as a standalone. I talk to her still - since I met her in the Uni I studied in, pretty surprised we're still in contact though - above everything else.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Cancel

Quote by pandemonium91Did you ever get a replacement for your console or buy a different one?

It was past warranty and got a NES afterwards. Better said it was a NES knockoff, which where quite popular in the eastern block countries, due their price was much lower as of the vanilla NES. Unfortunately the controllers where badly built and we needed replace them quite often.
Then I moved to PC, where I never really had any issues and I'm a PC gamer since then, never touching consoles anymore.

The constant bashing of my ecchi art and my haters formed me to what I am now - a full fledged hentai artist.
Signature

elisadevelon

elisadevelon

Requiescat in pace

Cancel

I got a pillow for my 15th birthday from my two best friends with a pillowcase with Kurama from YYH on it (my favorite character at that time). I still have the pillow and I still sleep on it and it always makes me remember my friends even though we don't see each other so often now. And another cool gift was definitely the Wacom tablet. :D

We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins.
Signature Image

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Lazy af

Cancel

Ohoho, if I had a Kurama pillow I'd probably frame it, lol. Do you use the tablet often? I'm not too familiar with how drawing tablets work, but they seem cool.

elisadevelon

elisadevelon

Requiescat in pace

Cancel

Lol, you're such a huge fan of Kurama, Pande?

Yeah, I use the tablet for all my digital works now. I used to do everything with a mouse but it's so much easier with a tablet. And I can finally DRAW digitally. I couldn't do that with a mouse. :3

We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins.
Signature Image

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Lazy af

Cancel

I didn't catch a lot of episodes from Yu Yu Hakusho, but he does seem like the most level-headed one of the bunch ^^" I can relate to him. And he's hot.

Yeah, I have trouble painting with a mouse too sometimes. It's mostly the cord, it gets stuck and one day I'm going to yank it out of the computer in murderous rage, lol. Very little is more frustrating than finally getting a strand of hair right...and suddenly the mouse is stuck (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Cirru

Cirru

Interstellar Force

Cancel

I can't point to any particular moment or gift. However, the times where people have helped me grow spiritually have been, by far, the most rewarding.

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Cancel

I could also mention the weirdest gift what I ever received - a genuine VHS with XXX stuff. I got it from a client in work who was very happy with our services and appareantly he was a collector who had a few thousand collection. Guess he thought that is a form of appreciation, though I never watched it and gave it to my bro who later also gave away somewhere.

Signature

YHE

YHE

What The Freak !!!

Cancel

hmmm All they give is Money I don't really receive any material object besides money. (birthdays? I don't celebrate my birthday :D)
I guess they are just lazy to buy things, or they are just practical rather than giving things they just give money so I can buy things that I want myself.

But...

I think the best gift I received is Health from GOD that is :D

Y ou
H ave
E mailSignature

lalagirl211

lalagirl211

BELIEVE In YOURSELF!!!

Cancel

Noone.. p(´⌒`。q)

This World Is Wrong . . .

• Aug 02, 2014

Monu-chan

Monu-chan

Out of Reach

Cancel

My laptop from my parents :3
I got when i score second highest in my class last year (it was such a great feeling) \(^0^)/
other than that i received my Teddy-chan (it's a sakura colored pink stuffed bear with cute red eyes) it was 5 years ago when i received it but I still love him and sleeps with him and i always asks my mother to wash him whenever he looks dirty and every time my mother washes him she recalls the day when i was a baby and when she gave me bath (of course didn't gave bath to me with detergent XD)
and for other things that are precious to me i saved money from my monthly allowance to buy them :3

As the Light begins to intensify, so does my misery,
and I wonder how it is possible to hurt so much when nothing is wrong.
Signature Image

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.