Group announcement by

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next » 184 total items

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

harlot for attention

Cancel

Creating a new thread for questions we may have was brought up in the past, so I thought it'd be useful to create!

I'll go first: do we allow mechas as characters? This one, for example: AV-98 Ingram

Edit: changed thread title so it sounds better c:
======================

List of matters discussed here

Page 1: mecha as Character tags, searching the forum for threads, who can remove tags, restoring gallery items, fixing broken tags, removing avatars and sigs, picspam threads
Page 2: headshot wallpapers/indy art, bumping old threads, Family Friendly/Suggestive flagging
Page 3: upload limit for members, broken usernames
Page 4: Elites and Retired Mods cannot see someone's Deleted items, Elites warning members
Page 5: -

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!
MAL | Website | Simblr

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Cancel

Only if its relevant enough? Like Unit-01 and the rest of the EVAs

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

harlot for attention

Cancel

Ah, thanks c: I think I'll leave it, seems like an important character.

MAL | Website | Simblr

Fran

Fran

Cancel

I hope you don't mind me hijacking your post with some links lol

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

harlot for attention

Cancel

THANK YOU.

MAL | Website | Simblr

Cancel

Quote by FranLike I said.
It has been already fixed. Sheq also thought members weren't able to remove tags, but he discovered a flaw in the system that let members remove tags. He took care of it yesterday.

So, asking other mods, is there currently supposed to be an ability for members to remove tags or not? If members could not remove tags then the the problem with certain members removing the tags of others and re-tagging it with their own would not exist and the chance that ecchi tags could be removed by anyone other than staff would be nil. Perhaps if an offending member has had a friendly reminder/warning for removing tags and re-tagging them, followed by three official warnings, their achievement for tagging could be removed, as stated as a possible course of action in the FAQ, instead of a restriction.

Fran

Fran

Cancel

Quote by Hooyaah

Quote by FranLike I said.
It has been already fixed. Sheq also thought members weren't able to remove tags, but he discovered a flaw in the system that let members remove tags. He took care of it yesterday.

So, asking other mods, is there currently supposed to be an ability for members to remove tags or not? If members could not remove tags then the the problem with certain members removing the tags of others and re-tagging it with their own would not exist and the chance that ecchi tags could be removed by anyone other than staff would be nil. Perhaps if an offending member has had a friendly reminder/warning for removing tags and re-tagging them, followed by three official warnings, their achievement for tagging could be removed, as stated as a possible course of action in the FAQ, instead of a restriction.

I think you might be forgetting that submission owners can remove tags added to their items. Such was the case with SKD and YY

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

harlot for attention

Cancel

*pestering everyone with questions again*

1. How does restoring a deleted gallery item work exactly? A member requested a few indy art works of hers deleted (she'd requested more prior to this), so I went ahead and did it and looked around the options, but couldn't find anything.

2. I was reading the second Ask another mod thread and the topic of tags redirecting to the front page came up again. What can be done to fix these? There are quite a few now: see post in Tag admin thread.

3. Can we remove avatars and sigs? I've only seen a "remove photo" option.

MAL | Website | Simblr

Anther

Retired Moderator

Anther

Cancel

Quote by pandemonium91*1. How does restoring a deleted gallery item work exactly? A member requested a few indy art works of hers deleted (she'd requested more prior to this), so I went ahead and did it and looked around the options, but couldn't find anything.

There should be the option 'Restore Item' under the tags.

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Cancel

Quote by pandemonium91
3. Can we remove avatars and sigs? I've only seen a "remove photo" option.

Admin -> Signature -> remove [sigimg] line.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

harlot for attention

Cancel

Ah, thank you, everyone :o

MAL | Website | Simblr

Fran

Fran

Cancel

Quote by pandemonium912. I was reading the second Ask another mod thread and the topic of tags redirecting to the front page came up again. What can be done to fix these? There are quite a few now: see post in Tag admin thread.

It has to be fixed by the admin D:

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Cancel

@pande: forwarded that post to yorhel. :)

Signature Image

Cancel

Quote by akiranyo 5m 44s ago
ummm...does the ecchi crackdown affects the forum too? I could make a topic where I put al my nice photos. All taken in our garden.

I would appreciate some confirmation that the galleries are the only area affected. The forums should not be visible to Google as well, as a "non-member." Those without an account cannot navigate the forums, from what I can determine. However, if one is logged on as a member, sees a post with a photo and copies the thread's URL to the page and then logs out, then, when the URL is pasted in the browser and refreshed, the photo will appear with the thread posts even though the member is logged out.

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

harlot for attention

Cancel

I logged out and I was able to fully see the entire forum, images and all (as opposed to gallery comments, which don't show the icons and sigs). The link to the forums won't appear at the top of the page if you're logged out, but if you go to forums.minitokyo.net you can see the entire forum.

So if they post something questionable, non-members can certainly see it.

MAL | Website | Simblr

Cancel

I tried the same experiment. However, if one isn't a member, I question as to whether or not they could access such a page within a forum. Therein lies the enigma.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Cancel

As non-members, forums cannot be directly accessed via the main page. However, you can create loopholes (as Pande stated) or by going to a member's userpage and provided they've created a thread. you can then access the threads created and go to the forums that way.

In terms of content, so long as Aki follows the rules it should be fine. Forums have always generally avoided the wrath of google, but that's also because we generally police them pretty heavily and they aren't on the radar either.

Signature Image

• Jan 11, 2014

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Cancel

What is he talking about? I would prefer pic spam threads/pic sharing threads to remain at a minimum....

Signature Image

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Cancel

Also, @Firefly. Didn't we ban pic threads because they create such heavy load times on a page?

I was under the impression they'd be text links instead of image. But if they're image based, then yeah that won't fly at all.

Signature Image

• Jan 11, 2014

fireflywishes

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Cancel

Yea, we did. That's why I asked. This really should be a non-issue.

Signature Image

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Cancel

Quote by fireflywishesYea, we did. That's why I asked. This really should be a non-issue.

Actually, did we ever add to the policy?

I just checked both FAQ and TOS and I couldn't find any mention in there on the forums section. I know we covered it before, but did we update the website stuff with those terms?

Signature Image

• Jan 11, 2014
Cancel

I will make sure that he knows that only links are OK. Also, are all pics in threads off limits or just threads that require a pic in each post?

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Cancel

Quote by HooyaahI will make sure that he knows that only links are OK. Also, are all pics in threads off limits or just threads that require a pic in each post?

Pics generally are discouraged because of the size they can be. It's one thing when someone can link a thumbnail that can be viewed elsewhere but due to the varying size it makes it difficult. The end result is that either a bunch of rules have to be made for pics, or else we just focus on text links.

To be honest, text links are much easier regardless. Some content can be too mature in terms of pictures, and since forums can be accessed by everyone regardless of ecchi filter it'd be best to just have them post a text link. It's just much easier for everyone to be involved when it's text based. Load times are shorter, you can post a whole lot more text links than images, it doesn't lag when there are too many things, and easier control of content are just some of the reasons why we started enforcing this.

Signature Image

• Jan 11, 2014
Cancel

I made the necessary revision here.

page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next » 184 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.