Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Metal Gear Rising - Revengeance - Minitokyo

Metal Gear Rising - Revengeance

page 1 of 1 5 total items

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

So Metal Gear Rising - Revengeance was ported for PC. Apparently it should also contain some extra material.
As we know, since 15 years none of the Metal Gear games was ported for PC and basically everybody considered the series as a Playstation exclusive. But thanks to Steam, publishers start slowly to pick up PC once again and maybe this title could inspire another developers to not make games only for one certain platform.

Compared the previous Metal Gear games is quite different compared previous games, instead the stealth-action with Solid Snake in main-role, it will be a completly action-oriented hack & slash game featuring Raiden as the main protagonist.The PC version should be released today.

PS. Edit - I pre-ordered it on Steam and it just popped-in. 25 GB to install? Whoa.

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

First of...fix the thread title and make it "Rising".

It's not even 25 GB for the xbox360...they either must have enlarged the game like 2-3 times or it is just badly compromised. A lot of pc games are terribly compromised for the pc.

Wait..wut...its not out in America yet? Your post is kind of confusing...It's been out on consoles for nearly a year.

Game was alright and hardest mode had broken mechanics which makes it not hard anymore. Story was good, but too short...way too short. Still missed a lot. You can count on MGR series though. There will be more games with Raiden as long as it keeps money rolling.

What I do find weird is that...there has been a big technological jump since the MGS series. A bit too much...it was good/fun while it lasted. I do really miss the spy/assassin feel. It is just charge at everything and kill.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

As sorry, seems like somebody on Steam mixed up the dates. So only the PC port is so late? Fixed the topic, but cannot fix the title myself.

25gb is quite bloody, I need almost a whole day to download it, so I can say personal opinion about how the PC version is only after, but looks like your opinion isn't that positive, Val :P
We PC gamers didn't had a Metal Gear game since decades, so we are excited for it.

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Yup. It's just the PC port being late.

I read there was a bug in the newly released PC version...they fixed it though. Funny it was already bugged when released.
My opinion is positive enough. I just think the game still has a lot of flaws that need to be worked on. It's quite experimental so far and it kind of worked out. People still say Bayonetta was the last good action/hack&slash game of last gen (before that you have NG2). Just this already says that MGR isn't polished enough to be put in the group of the elite action games. I mean, come on...Revengeance mode (hardest difficulty) was a gimmick! There shouldn't be any gimmick for the actual hardest mode. It doesn't require far as much skill as you would need in the game previously stated. I shall await Bayonetta 2...I'm not sure about MGR series. I hope they fix all the negative points about this game for the next one to come. It does have a lot of potential...question is if the developers put it to good use (tends not to happen).

I can barely call it a Metal Gear game looking at this spin-off series and the original series. It is very, very different. It's understandable that you're excited for it. It is worth playing, but it isn't worth paying the full price of 60 bucks (the case with many games these days).

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

I would agree with Valuna.

I only played through it once. It was fun and let you do a lot of cool stuff you could never do in the stealth games, but it certainly wasn't as good as the other Metal Gear games.

I don't remember how much it was when I got it for PS3, but there's not enough in there to pay more than 40 for it.

But I tend to be kind of bad at advanced combat in action games, too much time spent playing Dynasty Warriors to learn deeper systems. I remember not actually figuring out how to fight until the third or fourth mission.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.