Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wrong tags appeared in my Scan - Minitokyo

Wrong tags appeared in my Scan

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Hello, First of all I want to say sorry if I'm writing this in the wrong place of the forum. What happens is that today I uploaded a Scan of Ryuuko Matoi from Kill la Kill:
Kill la Kill#641412

And the problem is that when the upload of the image finished I saw tags that don't fit the image at all, added by other users -Example: Trees, Water, Miki Sugina (Mangaka)- Also, the comments don't fit at all. Maybe my image replaced another one by mistake?

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

that's happened a few times, it's not common nor is it uncommon. in the future just report the scan/item in question and tell them what's wrong. there have been times when things have been caught in the servers that the thumbnail nor viewable image is not the same not even the item itself once it's been downloaded (but in a few hours they all catch up and are the same). and there have been other times this has happened to people. sometimes the staff doesn't always reach the forums in order to check on things (or it could take them hours/days, for they are busy with things amongst the site). reporting it goes directly to the proper chains and they deal with it, and possibly sooner. hope this helps :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

It looks like Miki Sugina, along with another tag, was incorrectly added by a member.

As for the other mentioned tags, I didn't see them at all so perhaps they were already taken care of.

Incorrect tagging does occur from time to time. While we generally encourage members to tag when they can, we make sure that they only do so when they absolutely know. We'll be keeping an eye out to avoid any future incidents like that from happening.

Thanks for the notification and I hope everything is ok now, Lemonade!

EDIT :

Upon further inspections, it's literally like elements from a wallpaper (The tags and comments) were merged with this scan. A very rare occurrence that we are going to look into further. Please let us know if it happens again.

Signature Image

Glukogen

Glukogen

Dreamy spirit

My question is also about the tags. When I try to add new tags subwindow with embodiments doesn't appear. And I can't remove the invalid tags. Does it happens only with me?

Art is an effort to create, beside the real world, a more human world.
Maurois

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

The subwindow usually take some time to appear. Try to add a letter or delete one for your tag. Not to forget that you don't need to use it if you know the tags. I'm not sure if this issue has appeared several times for people. Perhaps another mod knows more.

Removing invalid tags or tags that just don't fit can only be done by you if the taga you are trying to remove are from your own submission. If they're someone else's, only mods are able to get rid of them.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Glukogen

Glukogen

Dreamy spirit

Valuna, yes, I know about this rules, but I can't delete own tags, there aren't my nickname and "delete" near them. And subwindow doesn't appear after waiting at all. I'm frustrated... :(

Maurois

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Hmm, it's an odd issue... Can you post a screenshot of you trying to add a tag and one after you added the tag? Has this been going on for long?
It might be a temporary issue. In the meantime, you can report the gallery item and request for the specific wrong tags to be deleted.

As for the suggestions drop-down menu, it sometimes takes a while to pop up/display what you're looking for, probably because:
- there are lots of tags starting with/containing the letters you're entering;
- the more often you add a certain tag, the higher it will be on the list. So if you haven't used it a lot, it'll be lower (sometimes even hidden from view);
- new tags often don't appear in the suggestions drop-down menu, even if you write their full name. They do, in time.

Some tricks you can use to get around this:
- use aliases for the more common Theme tags (for example, HOH for Hands on Hips). Check the tags' pages for their aliases.
- to avoid adding a wrong tag (if the suggestions menu is acting up), search for it in the search box at the top of the page before adding it to an image.
- refresh your page with Ctrl+F5. It sometimes helps.
- wait for a bit, MT might be overloaded and working a bit slower. This usually goes away after a little while.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Glukogen

Glukogen

Dreamy spirit

pandemonium91
http://s41.radikal.ru/i091/1404/e0/58711c1977eet.jpg
this's really something strange, tag menu looks like window for simple text, there is history of scripts under it (all words I wrote some time before). But drop-down menu of search box works like usually.
http://s020.radikal.ru/i722/1404/d3/9fc2f145f8aft.jpg
I can add tags if I write their full name, so I just copy they from tag list from other uploads. Mod already has deleted wrong tags (thanks!). For me this issue isn't a huge problem (I am not going to upload something new nearest time), but if it's a bug so this will be a problem for somebody else.

P.S. Thanks for your attention and sorry for my terrible english

Maurois

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

That's odd... Which browser are you using? I've tried Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer and I have no problem with the drop-down menu.
Your English is fine, no worries :)

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Glukogen

Glukogen

Dreamy spirit

Oh, thank you! Dammit Fox, you are right - tag menu works with other browser. In other words, criminal is detected :))

Maurois

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.