Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime of Winter 2014 (possible spoilers) - Minitokyo

Anime of Winter 2014 (possible spoilers)

page 1 of 1 6 total items

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

So, we have here the new year and as we animefans know, the time when another batch of new series are released. So let's see the charts.
From one episode is impossible to get how good really it is, but I try to write at least a short description on them, for the ones who didn't watched it yet.
I left out the series which don't have regular air time (at least 20 minutes)

Buddy Complex - and I was already wondering that we have no mecha focused series. It seems that it was decided on last minute, since I have watched the 2014 charts for some time and didn't spotted this one. Main hero gets taken from his ordinary life into the future. Opinions may vary, but I find the mechas theyselves poorly designed.

D-Frag! - a rowdy guy is forced to join a all-female gaming club so they won't dissolved for not enough members. I found hilarious how little presence he had when he was still in his gang, even de facto he was the leader.

ImoCho - alias "Recently, My Sister is Unusual". Main guy gets a sister, when his father remarries. The sister itself doesn't really like men, until a ghost of a dead girl starts to possess her. Despite the weird setting, I'm interested how it continues.

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Ren! - second season of this popular series, with some new characters promised.

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei (Engaged to the Unidentified) - the obvious black sheep of this season, just like Non Non Biyori was in previous. The main girl Kobeni fond out on her 16th birthday that she has a financé arranged by her grandfather. And the guy knocks already at her door!

Magical Warfare - as the title says clash between magician. I think it was too sudden how all the main characters became magicians from mere civilians in a few minutes. However the setting with the mirrored ruined world seems interesting.

Noragami - I cannot shake the feeling being similar to Kyoukai no Kanata, just with a different character setup. Main character is a God who tries to build his own shrine and accompanied by a girl who is stuck between the human world and afterlife.

Nisekoi - the main character is a son of a yakuza boss, who studies hard to get out from his current life and get a peaceful job. When a gangwar starts with their rivals, his father has very unpleasasant solution for him.

No-Rin (Nourin) - our hero is a student of a agricultural school in the countryside. His life gets devastated when his idol singer suddently retires. However a new transfter student, who looks just like her starts to attend his school. Personaly I found this show as the best so far, the jokes are simply god-tier.

Super Sonico - The Animation - I'm actually surprised how a decent show they made from this visual novel. Sonico is totally natural and so cute that cannot be described with words.

Witchcraft Works - resembles a bit Occult Academy. If our average student main guy is in trouble, the most idolized girl of the school comes to save him dressed as a witch, wielding fire magic. Problems arise when 5 enemy witches transfer as students into their class.

Thread etiquette
1. This thread should be primarily about the story & art, with episode discussion
2. As long we have here many series, please add before your lines the title of the particular series
3. No one-liners. If you like this anime, X or Y character, okay, but tell your reasons why
4. Spoilers allowed, if you don't like that, either watch it regularly or don't read this topic

PS. Please don't quote the initial post, as long not all series are aired yet and I add some.
PPS. There are a few remaing series from 2013, we can add them here or we can make a seperate thread.

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

No Date-A-Live S2?
How could you forget Date-A-Live 2?

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Quote by DarthasNo Date-A-Live S2?
How could you forget Date-A-Live 2?

Definitely will be a feast, but! Scheduled on April - means Spring 2014.

Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Include all of them for the whole of 2014, nobody must forget D-A-L 2.
Then again I haven't been keeping track of many animes so I'm no good at knowing which have continuations - hopefully IS doesn't have a 3rd season.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

I'm only watching Noragami, mostly due to the fact that the scanlation group I'm a part of is scanlating it and I'm curious about how they're going to do it and what they're going to stuff into only 12 episodes so far. It also may seem similar to Kyoukai no Kanata but while it has some elements of supernatural, ghosts and people caught between worlds, the plot and the characters are nothing like KnK. The manga has also been really good so far (has been running since 2011) so that's another reason why I've decided to watch it.

The rest of the things mentioned I either don't have the time for or they don't interest me.

Signature

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Dunno, Noragami didn't really left that a huge impact on me. At least their school uniform is cute, lol. (Simple, but cute) I start to like a lot D-Frag! While initial opinions on Nyaa where mixed, the second episode definitely was on a much higher tier and if they can keep this up, it might be one of the best series for 2014.
Also there is a easy way which series is the most popular, you simply look on Nyaa what has the most seeds & peers. Witchcraft Works seems to have the lead and maybe deserved.

Signature

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.