Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo Social [Skype] - Minitokyo

Minitokyo Social [Skype]

What day do you prefer to gather?

Monday
1 votes
Tuesday
0 votes
Wednesday
1 votes
Thursday
4 votes
Friday
2 votes
Sunday/Saturday
14 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

IF YOU INTEND TO PARTICIPATE,PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO MENTION YOUR SKYPE ID

LIGHT UP YOUR HEART
A recent Shoutbox discussion ended up having people wanting to have a voice chat to get to know everyone's accents. Obviously, there is a lot more to do if you have a group chat with more than just text! You can get to know your fellow Minitokyo'ers and it's staff members a little bit better. You can also start practicing your verbal English and maybe even learn a bit from different languages! Afterall, we come from everywhere around this planet called Earth. Not to mention that I have been poking some people to have a chat with every now and then. Most importantly, we want to have fun doing this. So, keep it playful and no hating. A little slight hint for those that don't know; MT has quite a few of active female members around. So ladies, join the rest of the ladies!

TAKING PLACE
I'm not sure about this it depends on how actively people participate. I'll try to get it going on a weekly base, but every 2 weeks or every month ain't too bad either. It's all about the demand & success. You are free to open up a voicechat in the group by yourself if you wish to.

VOICECHAT SOFTWARE
It seems Skype is a good option. A couple of us said it would do the thing. It does require people to add one another to their contact list. I'll make a list of all the participants in this first post, so be sure to leave your contact name so we can add you.If you have other suggestions on having group chats, feel free to give suggestions.

OTHER USES
Skype is a rather popular chat software. Aside from regular voicechats, you are also able to have a normal conversation similair to #minitokyo on IRC or the Shoutbox. We only allow members from Minitokyo so our community can get to know one another a little bit easier and in different ways.

FUN/EVENTS/GAMES
I was thinking of having some fun games during a chat. Maybe trivia, singing, funny accents? It could be troublesome if people keep talking..well..you can also write. It's open for many idea's to keep it going or getting it started.

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS
Leave a post with your Skype contact info. Mentioning your timezone could help in organizing a time when we all can have fun (maybe not everyone right away but good enough for others to jump in).
member name, Skype name, Timezone (I'm a GMT person, so deal with it)

Spoiler (show)

Valuna - Mokky-chwan [+1 GMT]
LadyTextaholic - ladyshibi [-5 GMT]
Hooyaah - H00YAAH [-6 GMT]
CyanideBlizzard - cyanideblizzard [-6 GMT]
fireflywishes - itsj3ss
pandemonium91 - infinityxpl [+2 GMT]
Tina18 - Gesttina
snyp - ?
Huesin - grim_huesito [-4 GMT]
yaminara - yaminaraz [-8 GMT]
Falbare90- ?
Tsasu - tsasu789 [-6 GMT]
xangel0 - kekangie [-2 GMT]

Once signed up, I will add anyone listed that is online each time this event takes place. You can always jump in, just give a poke to someone that is in the chat.

ANOTHER WORD
- This not an official MT event. It's just to have fun and enjoy spending time with the community here.
- Have I been missing something? As usual, just post! Don't forget to vote in the poll so we can decide on a day (Most likely weekend, you might want to specify if there is a preference for Sunday or Saturday).

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Oops I voted Thursdays but really any days but Mondays and Wednesdays will usually be okay!

Spoiler (show)

LadyTextaholic, ladyshibi, USA EST

Hooyaah ( H00YAAH )

U.S. Central Time Zone (UTC-6)

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Friday (pm), or anytime Saturday would be best for me. I could do Sunday too...

Signature Image

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

our timezones are crazy haha

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Yea, organizing a staff meeting is fun XD International conference, literally!

pandemonium91, infinityxpl, GMT +2
(so if you go by America Time, it'd probably be evening for me and morning/early afternoon for 'Murica)

Edit: mostly available during the weekend.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

7. never
The fun stops here,guys.

snyp

snyp

Operates faster than the matrix

Friday night cuz it's da end of the week and i can party all night \o/

Ooops sry didn't read all the discussion so i wasn't exactly aware what it was all about...though it was "What was your favourite day" :X

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Don't forget to leave your contact info for Skype. Otherwise you can't join no matter what xD

@snyp: I thought the title made it clear what it was about XD good to see you around though.

- List Updated

Signature

snyp

snyp

Operates faster than the matrix

Yeah title was totally explicit but my mind got confused when i saw all the days in the poll...\o\
Good to see you too mayo chan!

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

Gesttina. You guys can add me. My schedual is kinda full ;-; exam this saturday work, this sunday work and school on any other day.

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

I'll try to be there, but dunno if I can join the contests x.x

Huesin, live:grim_huesito (GMT - 4:00)

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

@snyp: Try reading the topic first...and you still didn't put up your Skype acc (btw, submit some of your walls!)

@Tina: This won't be a one-thing event. It will repeat so you can always join in sometime later. Good luck with your exams. I look forward to seeing talking Tuna!

@Huehue: It isn't a contest, just a fun activity originating from this site's community.

Signature

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

@Valuna: oh cool, them I'm in. When you guys decide a day, just tell me. And everyone can add me btw :)

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

Q: should we just start a group chat of Minitokians that can have calls whenever we're available?

Edit: I think I've added all of you so far.

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Quote by LadyTextaholicQ: should we just start a group chat of Minitokians that can have calls whenever we're available?

If enough people are online, sure! I only made this topic so that everyone willing is able to join in. You're free to organize it yourself, especially since I can't promise to be able to do it every time ^^;

Signature

OH MY FLIPPING GLOB ITS FINALLY HAPPENING

merged: 01-24-2014 ~ 07:33am
yaminara
yaminaraZ
gmt -8:00

Signature

Falbare90

Falbare90

(=>益<=)

Sorry so late to the party and Friday's would be fine, mostly late afternoons. US Central Time.

(\ /)
( . .)
c()()

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

through random conversing

Sheqel joined the chat (our great admin)

>>> Cyan-chan pretends to be the guy from CNN news, so join in/get on if you want :3

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

That was so much fun! It was so interesting to hear everyone's voices!

Good times were had by all. Looking forward to the next one!

Signature Image

bluesnowtiger

Signature

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

ah man I missed all you guys talking ;-;

..next time..next time..

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

kekangie (GMT-2) feel free to add me :3 tho I don't talk that much.

Signature Image
This day we fight!

that was a really one of my best experience...thanks a lot :)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.