Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Adored Possessions - Minitokyo

Adored Possessions

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Pretty much every one of you have had possessions you adored a lot. Maybe in your far childhood or even now?
It could be anything you truly adore(d) during your lifetime. What we do here is...share our little stories about them ♥ Don't be embarassed to share, it is just fun stuff like looking at your childhood pictures (typical parent thing, but funny as hell).

I'll start off as OP.
For myself, I do like certain things I get from people as a gift/present. It is what usually triggers to love them. Like people say, something with feelings is appreciated more than without. In many ways it's true.

Anyway, despite all the gifts, I can only recall being very attached to two things. First thing was a baby blanket when I was really young. I wouldn't sleep without it and pretty much bring it everywhere. One day, my family moved to a different house...and I never saw it again. No clue where it went (probably parents). I got over it with some time, but I won't forget it. I think I had it until I was like...erm..10 or so?

Second thing is recent. It's actually the sackboy (littlebigplanet) my boyfriend gave me time ago. I actually sleep with it every single day and no day passes without cuddling it at the least. Like a little friend of comfort. Perhaps it is childish, but who is there to judge me to say I can't? I basically grew up having tons, tons of stuffed animals (I even have a classic Sonic plush that is really old, probably sonic 2). All these cuddly stuff just sticks to me, no matter how old I get. Surely, there are more things to share, but they don't hold as much importance to me as the ones I mentioned.

I could add pics to the mentioned ones if people care to see. Connection and such for pics isn't that good so I am not doing it on my own.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

My phone, does it counts? Laptops and hard drives too?
I get uncomfortable and restless if I'm away from them. I get protective if someone I don't trust touches them. And yes mom that means you too. I wasn't really attached to my phone before until I got an iPhone. Not my first smartphone, the last one I had was a Samsung galaxy. It's dead now. I didn't really use my old phone for anything much before except for calling and texting. After a while it lags a lot especially when gaming and it started to get really frustrating after that. Anyway I'm not gonna argue about Samsung vs Apple. My phone is the possession I adore most right now. Second are my laptops and third hard drives of the external kind, one of which was a birthday present. Third is my teddy bear that was a gift from my classmates when I moved. It doesn't feel right sleeping without it.

#likethat'sabadthinglol

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I remember being asked this question in one of my Cultural Anthropology classes a few years ago, and my answer was: my diary :) Up to 2013, I'd kept it since 2006, so that means almost 7 years of memories. While I used to write in it almost daily when I first started it, I gradually wrote less and less, until there were about two entries per year. It's definitely interesting to flip through it and see what frame of mind I was in a few years ago, and since I tend to forget things, I also wrote about discoveries I'd made (books, movies, music etc.) just so I had a guiding point.

Unfortunately, I forgot it somewhere that I can't return to for at least a few months, so I had to get another one. This one's got more pages so I'm sure it'll last for the rest of my life XD

@ Redwyn: out of all the electronics I've had over the years, Samsung ones were probably the best. That includes my current phone (since 2010, dropped it numerous times on marble and concrete floors and only a teeny tiny scratch to show for it) and two monitors - one that I've given to someone else and another, that I'm currently using - that still work after a few years.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

I'm just thinking to RITUALLY BURN one of my most favored possesions - a book which introduced me my favorite book series. Reason - the book is pretty beaten up (well, not a salad yet, but too beat up for my tastes - learned the hard way to never borrow books to anyone) but mainly cause the author has rewitten the book - the new is longer, better and more blends into the story of the follow-up books in the series. The only what keeps me doing this radical step that it has nicer cover as the new one has....

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

You don't have to throw it away :o I'd keep it for sentimental reasons alone~ Or you can give it to someone else! Sorry, I don't like to throw away books XD
You can also brag about having the old version, haha.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

You know, it's like when you remake a old wallpaper. The new is better in every aspect, the only that you have a certain nostalgy to it "look folks, my career started with this" And it takes space and works as dust magnet. Besides the book begings with a ritual burning (though of a dead person) so it would be a suitable end for the old era =D

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Bronze Statue of Darthas.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.