Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime Guest Appareances? - Minitokyo

Anime Guest Appareances?

Tagged under Ebiten

page 1 of 1 7 total items

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

I just recently finished watching this anime called Ebiten and almost fell off my chair laughing when I spotted characters from a totally different anime! Although making a parody from the popular series - if we think the Nabehameha from Excel Saga with it's DBZ reference or possibly dressing in cosplay making them similar to characters from a such series isn't really something uncommon as long it's a part of the japanese culture, but no! What now I mean are cameo appreances of characters outside of their own series. If I take my own experience I can remember a few other cases as well.

Well let's see.

1. Natsu no Arashi - sometimes you can see in the background the 4 main girls from Hidamari Sketch as guests in the cafe. Also some girls from Saki, though those are slighly recolored.
2. Hanasaku Iroha - in the school festival one of the billboards displays Hiromi from True Tears also a random girl wearing the True Tears school uniform walks by.
3. Ebiten - During the school festival, Ikaros and Astraea from Sora no Otoshimono help out with the preparations and you can spot the two main girls from Seitokai no Ichizon talking in the hallway.
4. Super Sonico the Animation - Multiple posters with Hatsune Miku, though this isn't surprising as long the series was sponsored by anime figure companies like FREEing and Goodsmile.
5. Baka To Test to Shokanju - Hatsune Miku seems to be a student in class B.
6. Asobi no Iku yo! - Natsuru and Shizuku from Kämpfer are standing inside the crowd when the spaceship appears.
7. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Shana and Yoshida from Shakugan no Shana stand in line by the crépe stand
8. Ookami-san - Toradora and Railgun characters appear when the main characters search for a fitting candidate.
9. Kannagi Crazy Shrine Maidens - Jin accidentally enters the wrong karaoke room where the 4 main girls from Lucky Star are present.
10. The World God Only Knows - Takao from D-Frag is a character in a gal-game of Kenma.
11. Binbougami ga! - When Sakura opens the closet, Doraemon is inside.
12. Cromartie Highschool - Dejiko from Di Gi Charat appears when Akira Maeda tries to learn properly wear a nekomimi.

If we look in those more deep, we can notice that the appreances aren't really that random as long the series where done by the very same studios. Is just for fun or they try to advertise? Hell knows.

If anybody can make this list longer, is more then welcome!

Ikaros in Ebiten? Yeah!

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc221/akiranyo/Stalker%20Club/th_Final8Ebiten-10BD10-bit1280x720x264AAC0B405CDBmkv_snapshot_0034_20140421_224126_zps0181442a.jpg

You think this is the Kämpfer anime? Hell no.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc221/akiranyo/Stalker%20Club/th_DeadFishAsobiniIkuyo-03BD720pAACmp4_snapshot_0157_20140422_110354_zpsba00300b.jpg

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Isaac and Miria (from Baccano!) make an appearance in Durarara! (If I remember correctly)... But it's more like them running in the background. ^_~

Signature Image

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

In hyouka the vocaloid party appears, also Nakoruru from samurai spirits, tho they're cosplaying and the one cosplaying Len isn't wearing a wig, so its a brown haired Len xD.
In durarara! Horo!
Also clamp abuse of this and place thier characters in al their series xD.

Signature Image
This day we fight!

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Do manga count? :D Yoshiki Nakamura inserts two characters from Tokyo Crazy Paradise (Ryuuji and Tsukasa) in another manga of hers, Skip Beat.

And Mayu Shinjo inserts Kurumi and Hakuron from Haou Airen somewhere in Kaikan Phrase.

As for author inserts, Yuki Yoshihara does it quite often in her manga, though it's not exactly flattering XD (she draws herself looking almost like an onion)

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Well, I would like if manga would be count, but you know that those are far less known as anime series or their anime version.

And that reminds me, Kentaro Yabuki implented into his most popular manga To Love-Ru two characters - Golden Darkness and Tearju Lunatique from his previous manga Black Cat. He had also plans to make To Love-Ru characters appearing in his next manga Mayoi Neko Overrun! but unfortunately the low sales made him to cancel the project and instead he started again the To-Love-Ru franchise with the Darkness subseries.

Signature

For Gundam fans, GUNDAM: BUILD FIGHTERS did this CONSTANTLY. You almost couldn't watch an episode without seeing, somewhere in the background, sometimes completely obvious, a character from a different Gundam series, including, off the top of my head:
- Ramba Ral (a major supporting character, and deliberately obvious)
- Allenby Beardsley
- Jerid Messa
- Kacricon Cacooler
- Sumeragi Lee Noriega
- Soma Peries
- Patrick Colasour
- Kati Mannekin
- Graham Aker, Howard Mason, and Daryl Dodge
- Tex, from AW Gundam X
- Hathaway Noa and Quess Paraya
- Lichty and Christina
- The entire Kasshu family
- Char Aznable

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Quote by theworldisflatFor Gundam fans, GUNDAM: BUILD FIGHTERS did this CONSTANTLY. You almost couldn't watch an episode without seeing, somewhere in the background, sometimes completely obvious, a character from a different Gundam series, including, off the top of my head:
- Ramba Ral (a major supporting character, and deliberately obvious)
- Allenby Beardsley
- Jerid Messa
- Kacricon Cacooler
- Sumeragi Lee Noriega
- Soma Peries
- Patrick Colasour
- Kati Mannekin
- Graham Aker, Howard Mason, and Daryl Dodge
- Tex, from AW Gundam X
- Hathaway Noa and Quess Paraya
- Lichty and Christina
- The entire Kasshu family
- Char Aznable

I wouldn't call this actually a cameo appareance. That show was basically a lineup of various gundam models (I bet Bandai sold more Gundam models now as they ever did before) and also a bit of parody on all previous Gundam universes. So the fact that the have shown up wasn't that surprising as long they are characters from the Gundam franchise itself. Sunrise holds a loads of other mecha series as well, it would be a much more of a cameo if characters from Valvrave or VOTOMS would appear inside a Gundam series.

merged: 05-13-2014 ~ 12:08pm
Newest catch, altough I'm not myself sure if we can call as cameo - in the latest episode of Nisekoi, Chitoge and Onodera are building a sand castle, which extremly resembles a setting from Attack on Titan, with multiple giants and a Mikasa styled character standing on the top.

Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.