Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 PSA: the Hard Ecchi tag - Minitokyo

PSA: the Hard Ecchi tag

Group announcement by Tag-licious

page 1 of 1 6 total items

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Update: this tag is free to use for all members. Please read the guide below before that, though.

Dear Minitokyans,

You’ve probably noticed a new subtag of Ecchi subtly making its way through the gallery: the Hard Ecchi tag. For the moment, we’ve asked you not to use this tag until we decide what to include under it, since it’s a tag that requires quite a bit of thought before being released into the wild. So, after putting our heads together, we’ve compiled a list of elements to consider when adding this tag to images.

For easier reading, the navel-to-hips and chest areas will be referred to as “crucial areas”.

Due to how easy it would be to misuse this tag, at least TWO (2) items from the list below must be considered:
- exposure: how much of the crucial areas is visible (see shirtless, bottomless and partially dressed);
- level of detail and emphasis of crucial areas: how detailed these areas are drawn (e.g. folds, cameltoes);
- bust sizes well above what a character’s frame would normally allow;
- pose, including but not limited to: open legs, all fours, restrained;
- clothes: how much they cover up of the crucial areas (see ripped clothes), transparency;
- facial expression (excessive blushing, salivating etc.);
- food and objects: how they are used by/placed in relation to the character(s);
- apparent age of the subject(s): note the "apparent" part. Young-looking characters are still considered lolis/shotas even if they're actually 3000-years-old.

While the bust size item refers to ladies only (unless the artist gets...creative), all others apply to both genders.

Note that, taken separately, any item from the list would at most fit under Ecchi; we encourage members to seriously consider whether an image belongs under Hard Ecchi, and to ask a moderator if they’re unsure of it.

UPDATE: Artistic Nudity refers to tasteful nudity. Anything that falls under Hard Ecchi will not be tagged with Artistic Nudity.
UPDATE: added age item.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

I like and pretty much agree with everything except the 'Open Legs' tag. I think it's a bit too ambiguous to classify some of those images as Ecchi or HE because images like these - 1, 2, 3 - shouldn't really be grouped with things like 1, 2 or 3 since they're miles apart when it comes to context and general idea behind it.

Maybe we could separate those two somehow and use 'Open Legs' for the non-ecchi ones and maybe 'Spread Legs' for the other ones. I wanted to suggest 'Crotch In Your Face' since hell, some of them literally are nothing short of in my face but since we're trying to avoid the 'Crotch' thing, I guess we should find an alternative.

Signature

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Oh, most ecchi subtags aren't ecchi all the time; they were parented under ecchi simply because there were more cases of them used for ecchi images than not. That's why I mentioned that at least two items on that list should be considered.
Of course, not all images of busty characters, for example, are ecchi, nor are all images of ripped clothes ecchi.
As a comparison, Ripped Clothes wasn't parented under Ecchi because the number of non-ecchi images it applies to is almost as big as the number of ecchi images it does apply to. So adding the Ecchi tag manually was preferred to removing auto-added ecchi tags.

We always encourage members to remove the Ecchi tag if it's added automatically to their images but doesn't apply, or to report images they think aren't ecchi but are tagged as such.

I'd say separating Open Legs into two tags isn't necessary, there would be a lot of confusion and we'd have two tags pointing to the same thing. For non-ecchi images, there's always the option of searching for "Open Legs -Ecchi" c:

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

People need to read this.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Considering a very small percentage of images that crossed my screen I believe you need to create a "Flaccid Ecchi" Tag.

That's my $0.02. Carry on.

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Ahh, the good ol' days of discussing whether Open Legs should be tagged with Ecchi or not... Good times! *reminisces*

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.