Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Can you cook? - Minitokyo

Can you cook?

Can you cook?

Yes, I love it (no need to love)
10 votes
Not really, a little bit
10 votes
No, but I am good at eating
3 votes
Valuna should cook for me
4 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

The past years there has been a large decline in people who can actually cook. I have seen many people that live with instant dishes or even relationships in which none of both can cook.

So, I wonder...can YOU cook?

No, I don't mean buying an almost ready dish or a let's cook package from your local grocery store. I mean actual cooking from scratch, may it be from frying an egg to making cake and being overal creative with food and understanding actual flavor.

There are quite a few people that live by only seasoning with salt. It sounds pretty boring to me. Personally, I like things with a good taste. I grew up being able to take a liking to spices. It's still nice without but it is just less of a flavor burst.

Anyway, yes I do cook and I can cook. I actually even love food. Past years I realized I had always seen myself hanging around in the kitchen but never really went to cook the dishes myself...more like..snacking on them because it is so yummy and I couldn't wait. With the years, I have actually started to cook more often and now even the more complex dishes. It is quite funny that I have been able to almost exactly copy my mother's dishes. A lot is done by feeling in muh Asian kitchen and well...my taste has refined enough.

Just my 2 cents on cooking. Did I forget to mention that it is just amazingly and fun if your partner also likes to cook? Even better when it is almost two different cultures clashing.

If you haven't started yet, you should. Instant stuff from the Store is basically just unhealthy all over. Who knows what they put in it? Who knows what meat it contains? Who knows how old it actually is? Surely, fresh food is overal more reliable. It is best to know a bit of where your food comes from or how it made.

Why is this important?
During your lifetime, food is a major factor that keeps you alive and helps you grow. We live in a time where we can Experiment and enjoy our food. So, why not try to appreciate something that has so much influence on everyone, just a little bit more?

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Yes I can cook!

Cooking is one of those things that i can do without being panic.
I'm from India so the dishes i cook are mostly spicy and desserts and puddings are full of ghee (a form of unsalted butter) and sugar and nuts.
I really like cooking ever since i was a child i always watch my mother when she cooks and one day try something.
I can cook Indian feasts but usually takes a little more time than my mother
by cooking i doesn't mean just boil pasta and add sauce maker in it when i cook i cut vegetables with my own but our family is vegetarian so i don't how to cook non-veg foods.
I always assist my mother when she cooks something complicated stuff or making anything in large quantity.
My mother never allow me and my bro to eat anything from local street food because she is in medical field so always believes that outside food is unhealthy and makes you sick and i also believe this fact.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I can cook a few simple dishes like omelets with vegetables, pasta with homemade sauces, curry chicken, soups, rice with vegetables...and instant pudding, lol.

Quote by ValunaThere are quite a few people that live by only seasoning with salt. It sounds pretty boring to me.

It is :/ My mom's like that - she'll add a hint of pepper at most, while I love adding parsley, dill, oregano, chili etc. I prefer buying separate condiments to buying condiment packs, just because I like knowing what I'm putting in my food (what to buy more of, what to avoid).
Experimenting is fun, you can get a dish that tastes completely different just by mixing up condiments once in a while~
I love having friends help me with cooking, that way it's finished sooner. Though I once demoted a friend to potato frying duties because she peeled like half the potato off instead of just the skin XD

Quote by Monu-chanI always assist my mother when she cooks something complicated stuff or making anything in large quantity.

That's the best way to learn! My mom and I spend most of our cooking time together, though we inevitably clash because she doesn't like experimenting with condiments XP
Having two chefs in a smallish kitchen turns it into a war zone, haha.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

I cook whatever I happen to have in the fridge. Sometime I ended up with something I have no idea what even is that. You can call it a one pot dish with the meat and vegetables all thrown in there. Sometime I make a proper meal with chicken stew and stir fried vegetables and whatnot. Most often I like to cook some pasta or congee depending on my mood. I like to stock up on century eggs because congee without century eggs feels like it's missing something.

Both of my sisters do not like spicy, peppery dishes. So I only have the salt option. They also don't like gingery things or too much garlic so it's a bit of a pain to cook for them. It's a shame because I love curry and spicy things. And garlic, I love garlic -le sigh-

#likethat'sabadthinglol

Yes I cook, kinda..

I know how to make fry eggs and pancakes but i guess pancakes don't count since they are pretty much already half made, i have try making other dishes like rice, beans, potato
, fry meat but so far i still need more practice and i try to do small portions so i wont waist to much food or get other's in the house mad lol. I don't add salt to the eggs when i make them i just add black pepper and when i add side stuff to it either it's from can or left overs. I do find cooking fun but only when you have time for it, there are times when one is in a hurry and can't really put some music on and enjoy making food. Would i like to learn more about cooking? Yes i would really like to plus it's all about practice.

Signature

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

Yus I can! and I like, when I'm not lazy :P
I'm usually the one in charge of making christmas dinner (the only time of the year that I will cook for sure), for friends and family that come to visit, and all they are like:

Spoiler (show)

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwdsinK3M31qm6oc3o1_500.gif

And well I love to cook all kind of stuff, main dishes, desserts, cakes, appetizers... I never follow the recipes totally, because here you never find all the necesary ingredients xD, so creativity is required xD.
Talking about salt and spices, I don't use that much salt, prefer to try with other spices like oregano, basil, garlic (lots *o*), rosemary and such :3 they are healthier and tastier than salt anyway xD.

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

I'm pretty good at cooking basic things like toast and cereal.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

kuro115b

kuro115b

Hello...It's been a long time?

well...I can't say i'm that good, but i'm good at making simple dishes like soup or fried rice

Signature
Hi nyann~

LuluOokami

LuluOokami

Sir Lulu

My grandparents taught me how to cook and always encouraged me to learn to cook all types of food so yup I can cook and there is only a few things I can't and that is just because I haven't learned on that part just yet.

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution"

lalagirl211

lalagirl211

BELIEVE In YOURSELF!!!

Nobut i am good at eating

This World Is Wrong . . .

tankgirl

tankgirl

~Junkmetra Bae O3o~

Oh yes i can cook :D and i love to cook!

"You who swallowed a falling star, o' heartless man, your heart shall soon be mine."
Signature

BushidoGaara

BushidoGaara

Your eyes see nothing...

I can cook a great spinach pie! :D

Knowing it is an ideal never to be reached...strive toward it again today. As a matter of course. - Kaname Tosen (Bleach)

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

Yeah, I'm a decent cook. My mother is a great cook & I learned what I know by watching her + my own instinct. So, when I do have any food at hand, all I need is some meat, rice/potatoes, and good seasonings and I can make anything decent. The last big thing I did a bunch of cooking for was Thanksgiving (and it was my first one doing the cooking) & I did the turkey, made homemade stuffing + candied yams & green bean casserole. Difficult, but it was a rewarding experience. And delicious.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

renlilica

renlilica

BEAUTIFUL! >.<

Yeah I love to cook, (I'm actually cooking now, >.<) I especially love to bake cakes, though it's not exactly cooking.

YOU'RE LOVED DEARLY!

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

Ahh too bad i can't i haven't learn yet...

"Ducunt Volentem Fata Nolentem Trahunt = Fate leads the willing soul, but drags along the unwilling one"
Signature

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

I can cook. Was 6 years in a cooking school! But can't cook simple things, for example ham &eggs or so! But I can cook a 3-4 gang dish!

Humaira88

Humaira88

make every day your masterpiece

Yes, I can. First time I cook when I was in junior high. I often helped my mother in the kitchen since then.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.