Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Help with another wallie? - Minitokyo

Help with another wallie?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

So i had this idea but the left part still seems too vacant in my opinion
i drew everything but the watercolor splashes that for them i used brushes

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Hza1m0nWFRQ/U3Kz6ufuiGI/AAAAAAAAFqs/PiXQu9qzCQ8/s1366/sakura%2520splash.jpg

Signature

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

Use different tones of pink and not black to shade the flowers.

The left side does not look empty

#likethat'sabadthinglol

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

You could use black to shade the flowers, though I'd be more inclined to use an almost-black shade of pink instead. I agree with Redwyn, though, the left side does not look empty; if anything, the wall looks too full since you have a lot of clashing elements: background with a heavy texture, glassy flowers and ink spills, and elegant text.

Also, don't use gradients because they make the flowers look too glass-like compared to the textured, parchment-like background. Basically, I see two options: either keep the flowers as they are and have a simple or abstract background, or make them flat (without the gradients, manual shading only) and keep the parchment background. Depends on the effect you're going for.

I'd make the text a bit smaller too, about 50% of its current size. As it is, the flowers and text are focal points, and you need only one focal point in your work - the flowers. The font is OK.
And don't forget to add a signature! :)

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

Just like Pande has said, don't use that effect on the flowers. Use the same (or at least similar) texture as on the BG to make the flowers merge with the BG better. I understand that they are supposed to be painted on the splashes (which are branches) and that you tried to create the feeling of paint but this is too much. It would be much better if you made it look like the paper has absorbed the paint, just like you did it with the faint splashes.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

^ yup, agreed. The paint stains are a good way of blending the flowers and background, especially since they're of different colors.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

the idea on this wallpaper was make the flowers and branches some sort of jewels and some of them had been smashed and 'leaked paint' so they are jewels over a watercolor stained paper. the contrats between the glassy flowers and the paper with paint was intentional and that's the one thing i don't want to change.
so if there's not tips on how the two items can work together you can close this thread ^^

i tried to make the branches more glossy too since they were supposed to be more jewel like too and decided to take out the text
this is how it's looking so far: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-UimD42EW6WY/U3YZU0yvScI/AAAAAAAAFrs/5aJi-ofLmQk/s144/sakura%2520splash2.jpg

thank you for dropping by~

Signature

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.