Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Special A - Worst school anime ever? - Minitokyo

Special A - Worst school anime ever?

Tagged under Special A

page 1 of 1 6 total items

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

I really like anime series placed into a school setting, it's part of our youth and it never gets overused, due you can make school dramas, school comedies, school love stories, school idol groups or even school horrors. One setting with very wide genre possibilities. Great thing, isn't it? Plus you have nice seifukus. Me gusta.

But one of the very few which I dropped after half of the episodes was Special A.

Story is extremly bland and is completly pointless leading to the big nowhere. Nothing new under the anime scene, there are a good deal of such series, many of them compensate it with great jokes, some pretty ladies, some outstanding characters, who you might like even if you don't like the series itself.
Classic something for something case.

The problem - at least according me is that Special A has nothing to offer for compensation. The characters are a bunch of annoying rich guys/girls, who you simply cannot like. They are the best in everything, but they aren't lovely a single bit. Well, it is such thing okay, cause if they are the elite?
And exactly the "elite" is the key why I hate this anime and probably many others anime fans too, if I read all the negative reviews on this series. What is actually the purprose of the nameless students in the background? Most of the episodes consist of a challenge between the elites and the other do NOTHING and just serve as public for their competitions. They don't have right to do anything except watching and praising them. Wait, aren't they their classmates? Don't have they are also rights to enjoy school life? Should this serve as a example? I think no.

Kaichou wa Maid sama was similar in certain terms, but the characters where better and less annoying. I finished that one, but could not his.
It might be that I'm a bit biased, but I simply could not overlooks those issues. If somebody thinks that it would be still wortyh to pick it up, should tell me the reasons. Possibly with some explantation. Thanks!

PS. This topic isn't aimed against anybody. Actually I wanted ask this question since long years and now I have a reason to do so.

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Huh, never thought it was that bad. From the looks of the art, it does seem like the typical "love story with a school setting", so I just took one glance at the summary, went "...huh" and forgot about it.

Quote: The characters are a bunch of annoying rich guys/girls [...] And exactly the "elite" is the key why I hate this anime

I'd really like to see an anime/manga about poor students who don't have to act as maids/manservants to rich, spoiled brats. Or, if they do, at least have it done right (Tokyo Crazy Paradise did it right IMO but even that required a ton of suspension of disbelief).

Looking at its MAL page, it's strange that it got 24 episodes. A topic like this can be covered just as well in a 4-episode OVA.

Doesn't it have any entertainment value whatsoever? Not even bad things happening to the annoying characters?

You should write a full review on it. I'm sure it'd be very entertaining to read :D If you can bear watching it until the end.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

Well I like Animes with Schools and so - but i don't think that Special A is that bad. I like it!

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

It's not that bad...I Actually like it well yeah it has mistakes but it's still good i mean there's likable characters

"Ducunt Volentem Fata Nolentem Trahunt = Fate leads the willing soul, but drags along the unwilling one"
Signature

I don't think it is that bad too but comparing with other awesome school anime, not much can be offered by Special A to make it exceptional :)
It is quite a light hearted anime to watch ^^

I quite like it, it's true it's light-hearted. But we don't see that much often an anime where it's the girl who is totally oblivious to the romantic feelings of the male. Even if I didn't care that much about this relationship... I was really fond of the character who is seen as a bad guy.

Signature

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.