Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime/manga that you just dropped - Minitokyo

Anime/manga that you just dropped

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Have you ever stopped watching or reading any series? Why?

I stopped reading and watching Vampire Knight, the story didn't hook me like I expected it to.
Skip Beat! as well, but I'm waiting for more chapters before I pick it up again ^_^ (so I haven't really dropped it, more like put it on hold)

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

Naruto, Bleach and Fairytail
They got unbearably cliche and dragged on way too long. I might picked up them up again once they ended.

#likethat'sabadthinglol

AZD-A9S

AZD-A9S

AZD the Collector

Yo Olivia.

I stopped watching ToLOVEru because of how Lala was treating the Male protagonist. It was pissing me off how stupid she is and how he kept getting in terrible situations because of her.

I may go back and watch it but I'm not sure if I have the energy to endure that. I don't even remember where I left off at. I've been hearing good things about the series sequel: Darkness and such. Maybe when I'm bored and have no other series to watch, I'll start over...

The galaxy of AZD is in progress...

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

Naruto, Bleach, 07 ghost are the ones I can remember for now, I watched naruto for a long time, too much fillers pissed me off so... Then bleach, watched first chapter and it was enough, and same for 07 ghost :/

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan I didn't even know why but I'm not in mood to read it now.
same goes for Kimi ni Todoke.
I'm currently waiting for more translations releases of Horimiya, Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji and Dengeki Daisy.And new episodes of naruto to air by Animax India because watching online long series like naruto is hard.
Sometimes i think i should stop watching Bleach because it has so many filler arcs in anime version but it can't be helped I'm hypnotized by bleach.
Also Kuroshitsuji I started it because a friend of mine like it but i didn't much like it and only read 3 chapters and stop reading it.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

I totally stopped watching Naruto. Like man! When is this going to end? They have many fillers and I bet it will take a lifetime to finish it. They have so many characters and it's really overrated.

NO OFFENSE TO NARUTO FANS.

It's just my sincerest opinion over the series.

" A mind full of bitter memories , a past drenched in sadness and watered with my tears,
A heart nurtured by the littlest spark of hope, a present fed by the wildest dreams,
A body scarred by the savage adversities, a future that holds the greatest uncertainties,
These are the deepest parts of my blue soul, armored and shielded by an indestructible fortress. " Signature

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

@ Redwyn, xangel0 and Blue-Crescent: yeah, seems like Naruto and Bleach are the trend here, lol. I dread picking any of those up not only because of the fillers, but because they're so damn long. Might as well pick up The Young and the Restless while I'm at it XD

Quote by AZD-A9SI've been hearing good things about the series sequel: Darkness and such.

Well, you can always save yourself the trouble and read a summary ;) I would've done the same for Dexter had I known it would turn out to be such a trainwreck in the end...

Quote by Monu-chanSometimes i think i should stop watching Bleach because it has so many filler arcs in anime version

I don't watch Bleach but I've heard a lot of people complaining about the fillers :/ Some episodes seem skippable too, so you could stick to just reading the summary for them, I suppose.

And how could I forget: Sailor Moon! Tried to watch it twice, stopped at the second season both times (managed to watch a few more episodes the second time around, though). Everything was just so episodic (recycled animation, anyone?) and it felt like the conflict should've been resolved in half the time... :/

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Quote by pandemonium91

Quote by Monu-chanSometimes i think i should stop watching Bleach because it has so many filler arcs in anime version

I don't watch Bleach but I've heard a lot of people complaining about the fillers :/ Some episodes seem skippable too, so you could stick to just reading the summary for them, I suppose.

Yes i know i can skip some episode but I'm not watching online so i just stick with tv whenever it comes and watch regularly
I was so curious about what'll happen when ichigo and ulqiuora started their battle and then filler arc started (oh god it sucks watching 2 months a filler arc)
but some anime is like "I don't know why but i love it"

I love romantic manga so waiting for new chapters to translate is very hard T.T

Signature Image

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Quote by Monu-chanI love romantic manga so waiting for new chapters to translate is very hard T.T

Argh, that's why I prefer only finished series! I had enough of waiting with Koisuru Boukun >.< At one point it wasn't even certain that the last chapter would be translated (something happened and the usual scanner didn't want to scan it anymore; I think someone else had to).

Unfortunately, I've read too many spoilers from Bleach (including what happens to Ulquiorra) so I wouldn't be able to enjoy it properly ^^"

Oh, another I dropped: Hot Blooded Woman. I read until about halfway but the plot was getting downright ridiculous - not like it was believable to begin with, though - and the characters had become downright insufferable. Each and every one of them. Plus it seemed like a completely different manga from around the 11th volume onwards.

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

@ pande-san:- Yeah I know I'm also thinking about it now, that is the reason I haven't stared Say I love you manga.
And i just watched Ichigo and Ulquiorra but it wasn't that satisfying and i became angry at Orihime too.

Another manga that i dropped was Honey X Honey Drops, I only started to read because it was drawn by Kanan Minami (because i love her Kyou, koi wo hajimemasu) but the content was quite shocking for me so i dropped it but became curious what'll happens to Yuzuru (female lead) so somehow finished it but i never suggest a girl to read it because they will start hating mangaka for sure but I think mangaka's fan will watch just because it was drawn by her (like me) and some men with perverted thinking just for pleasure.

Signature Image

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

Quote by pandemonium91@ Redwyn, xangel0 and Blue-Crescent: yeah, seems like Naruto and Bleach are the trend here, lol. I dread picking any of those up not only because of the fillers, but because they're so damn long. Might as well pick up The Young and the Restless while I'm at it XD

Hi there Pandemonium91! Very cute new avatar you have there.
Yes. I hate long series except InuYasha even if it has fillers. I love the story. I dumped Pokemon for the same reason too though I love the series. :(

" A mind full of bitter memories , a past drenched in sadness and watered with my tears,
A heart nurtured by the littlest spark of hope, a present fed by the wildest dreams,
A body scarred by the savage adversities, a future that holds the greatest uncertainties,
These are the deepest parts of my blue soul, armored and shielded by an indestructible fortress. " Signature

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

I stopped reading Naruto because the plot was too predictable and the powers of the ninjas got too random.. no offense to Naruto fans, but friendship is not a power! >.<. Bleach and Fairy Tail too.. those were good series, until the fillers kicked in :/

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

well actually im still reading shounen manga (except bleach so freakin boring) but yea its a shame that the shounen anime are full of fillers thats why everyone drops it (including me) besides shounen free!, nisekoi, k-on!, tsubasa chronicles(anime), and a lot of more but i cant remember xD

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Quote by pandemonium91Oh, another I dropped: Hot Blooded Woman. I read until about halfway but the plot was getting downright ridiculous - not like it was believable to begin with, though - and the characters had become downright insufferable. Each and every one of them. Plus it seemed like a completely different manga from around the 11th volume onwards.

Oh, god Hwang Mi Ri. Get it away get it away get it away from me~ Seriously, no offense to the fans, but most works from that 'author' (and similarly, Han Yu Rang) should just be killed with fire. >_>

I haven't really watched a lot of anime shows lately but I remember dropping Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan when it first came out. No amount of hot bishies could save the plot and the awful main female lead. One Piece is also taking forever but I still watch it from time to time. Never liked Bleach so I can't say much about it but Naruto I still sometimes go and read for the lulz.

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

I've dropped too many to name... usually because I didn't like the artwork or it felt like the plot was dragging.

(or it got dropped by the scanlation group)

Signature Image

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

I have a extremly wide array of genres which I like, so dropping something happens by me extremly rarely. Usually I don't like mainstream with too many episodes, because I have the feeling that they basically lose the initail goal of the series and after hundreds of episodes (from which many are just fillers) basically they don't know what they wanted originally to do.

What I remember:

Bleach - The biggest fail of the anime industry. While Naruto had it's own huge share of fillers, by Bleach it was even more worse cause it went trough whole arcs. And the character design was often too bizarre. It should have never left the form of manga.

Gokusen - Basically a copy of GTO, but with female protagonist. This show seems to be extremly popular in Japan, but I found it extremly boring, annoying with overly stupid jokes. Sorry guys, can try as you want, but you cannot even get close to the greatness of GTO.

Sailormoon - While I liked it a lot on the beginning, later seasons are pretty bad compared how it started. Never found liking in the new characters, costumes got ironically overdecorated, episodes too similar to each other, so basically I never finished it. Hope the remake will fix some issues. And most importantly, cut down the episode number.

Special A - If I would set up a shooting range in my house, the portraits of all named characters from this series would be on the targets. See my topic about this in In-depth discussions, where I explain my reasons in detail.

One Piece, Yugioh - I dropped those after the first episode and beaten my own head into the wall until I completly forgot about them.

Vampire Knight - The Twilight of anime industry, guess doesn't needs to be explained. Just get your wooden stakes ready.

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Quote by Huesinno offense to Naruto fans, but friendship is not a power!

Well, "Heart" is a power in the W.I.T.C.H. universe and I'm pretty sure love saves everyone's ass in Sailor Moon, so that must mean the writers are either on strike, incredibly bored or out of ideas, lol.

Quote by wafflefoxtsubasa chronicles(anime)

Surprised to see this one. According to the opinions I've heard, people think it's either the greatest thing ever created or the most boring o.O Certainly polarizing.

Quote by AlenasSeriously, no offense to the fans, but most works from that 'author' (and similarly, Han Yu Rang) should just be killed with fire. >_>

Y'know, I can't speak about the author's other works since I tend to avoid reading anything else from an author who puts out something bad XD So I'll take your word for it. Hot Blooded Woman is just teeming with mental issues, dayum.
I've come to believe Hakuoki was made solely as eye-candy. Really, the girl in otome series is the same as the guy in harem ones: "just there" as a receptacle for the viewer/reader (saw the same argument being used for Bella of Twilight fame, but I digress).

Quote by fireflywishes(or it got dropped by the scanlation group)

That's downright cruel (though I'd have no business speaking since I read them for free). I can't imagine following a series and it suddenly being dropped ;__;

Quote by akiranyoUsually I don't like mainstream with too many episodes, because I have the feeling that they basically lose the initail goal of the series and after hundreds of episodes (from which many are just fillers) basically they don't know what they wanted originally to do.

Spot on. I have a hard time dedicating time to anime in general, let alone series that have more than 30 episodes. Few series can boast having 30+ episodes and still staying on track.

"Sailormoon [...] Hope the remake will fix some issues. And most importantly, cut down the episode number." - God YES. I assume SM started off as a regular series but soon spiraled into heavy marketing territory when it became so famous. I mean really, all the wands and brooches and decorations were just toys waiting to be made and bought. Similarly, I remember reading about an older mecha series (can't remember the name, sadly) that was created specifically to sell the toy mechas. AFAIK, it bombed.

"Vampire Knight - The Twilight of anime industry" - lol, pretty accurate. I couldn't even tell most characters apart when reading the manga. And love triangles in general bore me.
---------

Oh, something else I've dropped: Highschool of the Dead (the manga, never watched the anime). Wow, a manga about a zombie apocalypse, cool! Then the boobs came along, slowly but surely, and the plot took a backseat to showcase them. I don't mind fanservice if it's in a reasonable amount, but not when it's so in-my-face >_>
On the other hand, the mangaka did a pretty decent job of drawing boobs the way they actually sit when the girl isn't wearing a bra (no, they don't sit stiff and lifted like rocks, especially if they're torpedoes/watermelons).

I'm beginning to recall a lot of dropped series, lol.

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Quote by pandemonium91Oh, something else I've dropped: Highschool of the Dead (the manga, never watched the anime). Wow, a manga about a zombie apocalypse, cool! Then the boobs came along, slowly but surely, and the plot took a backseat to showcase them. I don't mind fanservice if it's in a reasonable amount, but not when it's so in-my-face >_>
On the other hand, the mangaka did a pretty decent job of drawing boobs the way they actually sit when the girl isn't wearing a bra (no, they don't sit stiff and lifted like rocks, especially if they're torpedoes/watermelons).

I'm beginning to recall a lot of dropped series, lol.

Oh, yes! I forgot about that one! I also dropped it because of the same reason. At first, it was interesting - like you said - ooh, a zombie apocalypse survival thing, count me in! The art was also pretty nice and even the characters weren't as one-dimensional as some in many other manga. And then, yes, the absurd amount of boobs and crotches and asses suddenly came into the picture and after that I just couldn't take it seriously anymore. It was like the whole series started to revolve around jiggling boobs and a love triangle between the main male character (Takeshi, was it?) and two (three?) other chicks. And god, that nurse. Just...eugh. It's one thing to add some fanservice in manga. Hell, I know it's practically shoved down everyone's throat nowadays but when you add so much of it, in a setting that's about zombies and gore and survival of all things, then you've just lost me. So, yeah, I dropped that, too. Didn't even bother with the anime lol.

And yes, once you've read one thing by Hwang Mi Ri/Han Yu Rang, it's basically as if you've read them all. They're all recycled plots and characters. Thank god, I discovered other Korean manhwas otherwise I would've thought Korean high school kids were obnoxious, aggressive and stupid beyond belief. >_>

Signature

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

Sword Art online - I can't seem to finish it! I just hate the protagonists - they are both pissing me off....

kuro115b

kuro115b

Hello...It's been a long time?

I stopped reading and watching Bleach and The Tower of Druaga
Bleach has got too long plot and complicated as for The tower of Druaga, it make me sick how the story turn out in the first season that i wish i could just throw the anime away!

Signature
Hi nyann~

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

I tried to watch Gintama, but it was one of the most boring, stale, and unfunny animes I have ever seen, I just couldn't stomach it... :c

I started the Beelzebub anime, but it was so terrible compared to the amazing manga, so I dropped that one too...

I started watching Naruto due to a friend's request, and I kind of fell out of it at some point, I'm not really invested in the characters or story/plot at all, I just like the fights, so it's not officially dropped xD

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

Fairy Tail....da day I heard da word "God-Slayer" I waz like http://i.imgur.com/QJbwYRm.gif

BushidoGaara

BushidoGaara

Your eyes see nothing...

Negima. There was so much going on with the main storyline especially in the manga. -_-

Knowing it is an ideal never to be reached...strive toward it again today. As a matter of course. - Kaname Tosen (Bleach)

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

Quote by wafflefoxtsubasa chronicles(anime)

Quote by pandeSurprised to see this one. According to the opinions I've heard, people think it's either the greatest thing ever created or the most boring o.O Certainly polarizing.

Tsuabasa anime is bad bad bad, reminds me I never finished it because it had terrible artwork :/ now when you speak about the manga is totally different *o*

Signature Image
This day we fight!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.