Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Screenshots Wallpaper Valid? - Minitokyo

Screenshots Wallpaper Valid?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Hi there~! ;)

I'm planning to create a very own first wallpaper of mine, so... there's a little question in my mind for MT, and that is...
Is a screenshot wallpaper valid?
That's all for now. ^^

Notice: Instead of reading posted rules about creating a wallpaper here, I just made a forum, because I don't have much enough time to read them.

Thanks in advance~! ^o^

(Typo: "Screenshots Wallpaper Valid?" > SCREENSHOT WALLPAPERS VALID?)

Kurorisa

Kurorisa

Zero Squadron

what kind of screenshot wallpaper do you mean?
if you mean using a screenshot then, for example, repaint it, or vector it, or modify it in your own style, then yes, why not? there are many wallpapers that use screenshots as their base reference and then vector it to make it prettier.

here are some examples of good wallpapers made from screenshots
http://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/05/42/584605.jpg http://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/26/40/474526.jpg http://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/42/27/561392.jpg

if you mean use screenshot then do nothing about it, and submit it to minitokyo, then no, it's prohibited.
hope this helps!

Signature Image

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

You need to vector it before making a wallpaper because using directly screen shots even if it is of high quality there are so many pixelated part we can see in it and it'll ruin the wallpaper quality
here in MT only high quality of Wallpapers are allowed so maybe you can't just directly put the screen shot of a character in a new background and use some filters and lightening effects to make it good looking
because when we see it in zoom it'll make the everything pixelated and unclear :(
but if you are willing to vector the screen shot first then it'll be super fine ^^

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Valid as long you can improve them enough. Taking a screenshot and presenting it as wallpaper isn't valid, is not your work after all and most importantly. - screenshots have a very low quality by default, without vectoring or painting is almost impossible to make them into something valuable. Both of those are advanced techniques. Too basic vectoring might be acceptable only as indy art and not wallpaper.

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

Thank you for your replies.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

In addition to what everyone else said, you CAN use screenshots if the wallpaper is a collage-type work. Images in collage wallpapers are often small, so the problems you'd have with using a single screenshot as a base (low quality, pixelation) don't exist in this case.

Examples: 'All about Rei', Nia and Simon, Nana, Blooming Lilies, Don't Let Me Fade Away
If you work looks similar to the ones I listed above, then you have nothing to worry about.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Lemme add on this now I see it.

There is a BIG problem people don't realize when it comes to using screenshots and painting/vectoring them. It applies to Minitokyo's rule to move them to the Indy-art section if its is. Headshot. While there are ways and reasons to keep them as a wallpaper. It usually isn't the case. Now, many screenshots taken are mere headshots. There have been many people who vector a screenshot and it gets moved to the Indy-art section. So, be careful in using screenshots. i suggest taking one of a supposedly larger image where more than the head is visible. That way, you are usually safe as you can add a legit background and the wallpaper will have enough detail to be called an actual wallpaper. I'm too lazy to link to the headshot thread though.

Overal, while screenshots seems easy and nice to use. It is actually MUCH easier to learn to render/extract a lovely scan properly and play around with the effects, background to make a wallpaper.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.