Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 LCD TFT or normal Monitor - Minitokyo

LCD TFT or normal Monitor

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 70 total items

MadWiz

MadWiz

Student Slacker

I have an Acer al1714 lcd.. do like CRTs =p but really my table lacks space =p now I can put a lot of stuff on my table without them dropping!

Tatsumi09

Tatsumi09

Seeker of Inner Peace

19-inch CRT (Normal) Monitor
Company: KDS (Korean Data Systems) Avitron

I personally want a 17-inch Samsung LCD (Equivalent to a 19 inch CRT) but it's too damn expensive!!! It's Price is somewhere in $600!

$600 means a totally new computer >.<
a note on the side, I am willing to accept any excess LCD monitors from MT members >.>....... (Just kidding ^^)

21" CRT from Dell.

i love CRTs, the sharpness from them and all is beautiful. I don't really like LCDs because I can see the antialiasing on them sometimes, its irritating. And when playing games it doesn't 'refresh' fast enough sometimes.

8ball

8ball

Oh dear god, the cuteness!!

Been going crazy, I have a 20.1" Sony LCD TFT, and two 21" CRTs (a gateway vx900 and a IBM G96. Triple display.

All are pretty clear, and I definately prefer the LCD- the clarity is unrivaled.

- 8ball
If it's good, I'll watch it; if it's great, I'll buy it; if it's cute, I'll eat it...

Available Web Designer/Developer, extra-generous to anime-related projects

i've got a normal philips monitor but it would be great if i have a LCD but the LCD isn't that good with games right
the refresh rate of the LCD monitor isn't that fast as the normal monitors

so some gamers prefer the normal monitors
i as well

well i have red that there are a few fast lcd monitors but they're very expensive but still they can't match against an normal monitor

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Iiyama 4332bk 17" TFT for me.

I love it very much, but am tempted to go with a nice 19" CRT and run 2048x1536 purely because I love the bigger res of my friend's monitor. It wouldn't look anywhere near as good as my TFT, but hey.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Mario2

...::The One And Only::...

LCDs are much better in my opinion: they're smaller and healthier (less radiation) And the sharpness of image is outstanding! recent models have great color capabilities too - the difference between LCDs and CRTs is not significant (for me)

I have LG l1730b - awesome, 10 times better than my previous CRT!

Having a faster and bigger monitor is better. I'd go with CRTs. They fit the budget just right if you're looking for any 19 incher.

Signature

"Give the man a gun, he's Superman; Give him two, he's God." -- Police Commisioner from Hard Boiled

Having tried my friend's new Samsung 710T (17" LCD) and my 5 yr old ViewSonic pf775 (17" flat CRT (16" viewable)) side by side running a dual screen setup (1280x1024 res on each, for total 2560x1024 desktop), there are ups and downs to both.

LCD (+):
- brighter
- lighter/less space/less energy/etc
- can rotate 90 degrees for portrait view
- razor sharp image at native resolution (1280x1024) when using DVI input. (sharper than my crt)

lcd (-):
- images look crappy and pixelated at non-native resolutions (e.g. when playing DVD/Anime video)
- colors not as true as a properly calibrated crt
- even at advertised 12ms response time, still some minor (but noticeable) tearing/ghosting in fast FPS games (e.g. Doom 3)

In short, for hard core Desktop Publisher/Graphic Artist or Gamer, stick with CRT. For everything else, if you can afford it, get a LCD.

LCD is good enogh for me. Much better then my last CRT.

Samsung SynMaster 710N 17' and 12ms pixel response time. I think LCD's have advanced enough. Because the next display technology OLED is being developed.

I have a Samsung LCD with 12ms respond time. It is the sexiest thing I've ever had.

I have both. Two 17" CRTs & one 15" LCD. All hooked up to the same machine :)

TW12T3D

TW12T3D

Anxiously Waiting . . .

LCD because its smaller but CRTs are better for playing games

I would like a LCD but i cant afford one right now, currently i have a normal 19" Hitachi monitor which does just fine at 1600x1200 res which is good enough for me :)

There are a lot of really really really bad LCD monitors on the market. In my line of work, we tested more than 10 common affordable LCD monitros. We were amazed at how poor the color was on some of them. Sometimes they were as bright or as sharp (some were really blurry) as the best CRT, but often-times the color was washed out. For example: sky blue (227,237,251) and light green (214,240,207) actually appeared as the same visible color on a few of them.

So I voted LCD is better. But only if it's a good LCD. If you're going to be cheap, buy a cheap CRT monitor.

Pirre

Pirre

I will protect

I prefer tft, since it doesn't flicker. 60 hz drives me insane, and makes my eyes hurt :d
CRT is better for gaming though

Signature

i use a polyview, yeap, something that isnt really heard of but it's fairly good. it's made from china but it doesnt really mean that it's a cheapy piece of * though

HCTerrorist

HCTerrorist

Mercenary

i prefer tft cause it is much easier to transport than a normal monitor ... important fact for ppl who like LAN-parties :D and it does not use so much space on your desk

Signature

inoesomestuff

because i dont noe much

if price is not an issue, i woudl say definatly go with a TFT moniter tho make sure you stick with a large and well known / well respected brand and that the moniter doesnt have any defects (lines accross screem lines of bluryness)

isnt there already a thread about this?
==> http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/18310/

~nothing to say~

Samsung makes amazing LCDs. My 171P is very bright, and has an incredible viewing angle. My buddy has the 172X and its super thin, but you can't look at it anywhere but from directly behind without seeing less/inaccurate colors. Definitely get an LCD if you can afford one. They rock.

-Rainman

i have a f'n emachines moniter because i wont spend money on a new one til i get a new computer....btw i dont have an actaul emachine for a computer, just stole the moniter and custom made my pc

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 70 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.