Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Mobile Device Wallpaper Resolutions - Minitokyo

Mobile Device Wallpaper Resolutions

Do you like the idea of MT offering Mobile Resolutions?

Yes! I love the idea! Gimme!
6 votes
I like the idea and may DL and use some.
7 votes
I probably wouldn't use them.
2 votes
I'm opposed to it, or don't think there is any interest.
2 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

This thread has to do with Mobile Wallpaper Resolutions. There is a poll so that you may express your interest in having Wallpapers sized in a variety of size resolutions for your mobile devices. It would be up to they who submit wallpapers to offer alternate sizes of their wallpapers in a variety of sizes.

So then, If you make wallpapers, would you be willing to make alternate versions to mobile device resolutions? Or, If you like the idea of being able to download wallpapers to your mobile device(s) please express your opinions and/or comments here.

------EDIT: 11:00 - 8/16

I'm adding onto this post as the TC didn't express everything that this topic is about, I understand many people want clarification on what this is about so I attached this information to the main post.

The resolutions for these specially designed phone wallpapers are as follows:

For phones:
1136px × 640px
640px × 960px
426px x 320px
470px x 320px
640px x 480px

For tablets:
1024px × 768px
2048px × 1536px
960px x 720px

Different sizes and basically specialized for some devices, we'd love to hear your feedback!

Thanks

Lex

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

I think it's a bad idea. The smartphone/tablet market is too wide and it evolves too fast. The list of usable resolutions would be too wide and would have too much variety.
Also some would understand it as "submitting images which are higher as wider" and would increase the number of rips, cut out from already submitted wallpapers. Another load for the mods.

Modern Android based devices have the ability to turn pages, therefore a regular desktop wallpaper in 16:9 or 16:10 can be used just as on a computer. I have a ASUS ME172 7 inch tablet and it works very fine.

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

I would love that. It's hard to find images that I like where my iPad don't ended up cropping it too much. I really would like to have images that would look good on both portrait and landscape mode and so far only abstract images fill that need. I'll be more than happy to contribute to this \o/

#likethat'sabadthinglol

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

hmmn, i'll go for it.
cuz it's hard to find a nice wallpaper to my Android/Tablet..
:D

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

Honestly, I haven't submitted a wallpaper here in MT and I don't think I am as talented like the others in making wallpapers. It's not just my field, but I hope any member's opinion is welcome here. Both sides have their own advantages and disadvantages.

It's really true that it is hard to look for good wallpapers for Android gadgets and after discovering the existence of MT, it made me come to a point where I am now having difficulty in deciding which wallpaper to use as a background because MT has lots of nice wallpapers. So the idea of MT offering a variety of sizes for the wallpapers is really a great idea but I am afraid that in my case, I'd rather crop the good wallpapers MT have to adjust to my Android gadgets, because I want MT to stick to its trademark, to it's good reputation that it only offers great wallpapers, more beautiful and with higher resolutions compared to other anime sites. For me, this is one of the reasons why MT is unique and why it is a good site to stay. MT is great because of its dedication to offer great scans and wallpapers, helping members to share their talents, having rules to protect the rights of each member, etc.

So, I guess, I'd love MT to stick to it's old self.

As the saying goes, "Majority wins", so it is still up to other members how will they see this. This is just a pure opinion of mine.

PS: I'd also love the idea of having a downloadable application of Minitokyo for Android tablets where it can totally bring us to MT in just one click. Just saying. ^^

Have a great day ahead everyone!

" A mind full of bitter memories , a past drenched in sadness and watered with my tears,
A heart nurtured by the littlest spark of hope, a present fed by the wildest dreams,
A body scarred by the savage adversities, a future that holds the greatest uncertainties,
These are the deepest parts of my blue soul, armored and shielded by an indestructible fortress. " Signature

LuluOokami

LuluOokami

Sir Lulu

Well considering I have my phone or tablet with me wherever I go it would be nice to have the use of putting up a wall on it that isn't the ones that come with the phone so I say yes bring em on.

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution"

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

to be honest, I think it's a bad idea, just more server space to be bothered about. I can take any image and park it on my tablet and it adjusts just fine, I use the default ones because space is limited and I rather like the few games and many books I have stored on it and in the "cloud". as for my phone, I can't put anything on it anyways ;) I know it's all up to sheq here on the final word, but most devices these days shrink things down, so just drag and drop stuff over there and then tada

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Depending on a person's need the idea is good but bad as well.
Personally I usually avoid to use my phone and I depend on my laptop more!
But it'll be nice if there's also mobile/tablet resolutions for those who use phones/tablets more than computer but this will increase workload of wallers.
So, I'm thinking let this decision to the wallers whether they want to give alternate resolutions of their wallpapers for phones/tablets here.

And as for me rather than using wallpapers for phone i use scans of good artbooks and edit them on my need to remove text or others stuffs on the scan and set them as my phone's wallpaper :3

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

moritz

Scanner

moritz

the cursing hedgehog

It would be nice to have a smartphone version of MT because it's very difficult to browse Minitokyo with a smartphone. As I frequently have to move for professional reasons, I'd be pleased to connect easily in a hotel ^_^ without using my laptop.

I'll give you a spoonful of ecchi with a pinch of humor ^_^
Signature

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

2048 x 2048 for iPad walls (retina display). 1024x1024 is okay too.

They're muthaflucking squares! So most of the good stuff gets cut off. You cannot imagine how much of a pain that is (Like this one time I found this perfect Winter Soldier pics but it looked not the greatest on my iPad. I cried. Used it on my iPhone though) I have to edit the thing on my flucking laptop like what even yo!

merged: 08-19-2014 ~ 03:37am
Also this muthaflucker right here will explain my pain http://pinterest.com/pin/550072541960240184/

#likethat'sabadthinglol

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.