Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Phishing Warnings - Minitokyo

Phishing Warnings

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Jei-sama

Jei-sama

Is made of Soy Beans

over the last couple days I've had an issue with Minitokyo pages being labeled as flagged for fishing, in both chrome, and other web browsers. Even my virus software will block me from going to certain pages at time. I know that MT is not to blame for this and it's probably the ads displayed on your web site, but I thought I ought to let you know. Am I the only one getting these errors? Without touching any ads one page would even redirect me off site.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I use adblock plus I don't see those pesky adds but there is still money, for, even though I don't see the ads doesn't mean the ads don't see me sort of thing. it's an add-on for many browsers now. makes the ads and those suspicious ones a thing of the past. but this is not uncommon what looks like innocent ads (codes), at the last minute when they are put up the ad company will plant a cookie to track or other bad things. if you can and don't want to install adblock plus or unable to, just catch the name of the ad so the owner of the site can look into it and take care of it. this isn't the first time this has happened, with ads being bad.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Jei-sama

Jei-sama

Is made of Soy Beans

Well one ad in question, the redirect one, says something about java needing to be updated on it. Upon visiting the page the ad is on I got a pop up saying my java needed to be updated. I code android so java is always up to date on my pc. The ad won't let you click away from it and even when hitting cancel or [x] it pulls you away to another site where it starts auto downloading things.
I will look for adblock though and add that to my browser.

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Echoing Xuan's thoughts, if ads bother you or cause problem A or B for your browser then download Adblock. If you can screencap the ads in question and post them, we could most likely forward a PM to the Admin and see what he can do. Random redirecting and auto-downloading sounds like a real problem for anyone, so I'm sure you aren't the only one who feels this way.

Thanks for the notification

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.