Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How to Create Custom 3D Objects in Photoshop? - Minitokyo

How to Create Custom 3D Objects in Photoshop?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

I'm pretty sure there are some graphic designers here on this site so I hope at least someone can help me. I want to use the 3D feature in Photoshop CS5 to create a 3D object. The problem is that I need it to have 20 holes in it but I can't find a way to do that. When I set the Internal Constraits type to "Hole", there always only appears one and I don't know if there a possibility to create more. I have this custom shape created and I'm trying to create the 3D object from the path. Here's what my workspace looks like (sorry, it's in Czech). Thanks in advance.

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

I have no idea to be honest. I never used the 3D tool. Have you tried using google search or some starter/beginner tutorial? You might be missing out on some "requirement". It tends to happen.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

I made a 3D image in PS for a banner before but that was some time ago. Pretty sure if you dig youtube that you can find a tutorial on how to use the tool but if you're talking about punching holes into constraints then you should probably read this and see if it helps:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/944440?start=0&tstart=0

I haven't touched the 3D object in a long time but if the link isn't helping I could check other sources.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

Quote by ValunaI have no idea to be honest. I never used the 3D tool. Have you tried using google search or some starter/beginner tutorial? You might be missing out on some "requirement". It tends to happen.

Yes, I have searched (not only) youtube tutorials but none of them explained exactly what I needed. But Darthas here helped me. Thanks for the attempt, though. I appreciate it.

Quote by DarthasI made a 3D image in PS for a banner before but that was some time ago. Pretty sure if you dig youtube that you can find a tutorial on how to use the tool but if you're talking about punching holes into constraints then you should probably read this and see if it helps:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/944440?start=0&tstart=0

I haven't touched the 3D object in a long time but if the link isn't helping I could check other sources.

Darthas, thank you so much. The thread itself didn't give me the answer buuuuut there was a link to a video which showed me what I was doing wrong (or more precisely, not doing at all). Finally, I found out how to deal with this problem. Again, thank you!

Oh, and I guess this thread can be considered solved now and closed.

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

You're welcome, glad that it all worked out for you :)

Have fun and best of luck for how everything turns out!

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.