Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Your "childhood game"? - Minitokyo

Your "childhood game"?

page 1 of 1 18 total items

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

To me, racing games and Dyna Blaster will forever remain my favorite childhood games. Sure, I eventually got to shooters (playing multiplayer Counter Strike on your own is...interesting), but nothing can compare to driving around in circles in MSDOS, haha.

So, what's the game - or games - that YOU think of when you hear "childhood"? ^o^ Do you still play it/them?

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

I think my/our childhood games can be divided to chapters, each of them associated with some kind of console, or eventually with a PC.
After 1989, when the market became more free to western products, my father gave us for Xmas a Atari 2600. Better said it's chinese knockoff (they just started their huge industrial revolution that time) but it had a big plus compared the original, it contained hundreds of games on its motherboard. So me and my bother spent perhaps hundreds of hours playing River Rair, which was obviously the best game from all.
After it we bought a NES from our own saved money and the the road became open to hits like Contra 1-2, Contra Force, Goonies, Ninja Brothers, Heavy Barrel and Kage. Oh my, good times.
And after some years father brought home a used 486 PC where we constantly played Raptor - Call of the Shadows. Oh, the 16bit Sound Blaster card, that was some difference compared consoles!
To modern PC games I came much later, basically almost in adulthood and that would be a very long list. What I still remember, that the 1st modern game what I completed was Gorky 17.

I used to play some of them trough emulator, as long neither my Atari or NES works anymore. But to say the trouth I like newer games more and not just for the graphics. No classic ever gave me such enjoyment as did Skyrim, Borderlands or Saints Row.

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Ahh, I never got to play on anything other that a PC (nope, not even a tamagotchi, lol), so I'm not too familiar with consoles. I do remember there being quite a lot of knockoffs being sold here, both consoles and the games for them. With game CDs, you'd sometimes get scammed into buying blank CDs, and good luck tracking down the guy you bought them from. Never happened to me, since I either borrowed them from friends or they came with every new (second-hand) PC I got.

I remember playing Tetris a lot, too (since it was on a second-hand PC, it was a more...adult version of Tetris). And Lemmings, which straight up made me cry when I got to a level I couldn't pass.

Supaplex was also a blast; some levels were easy, while others required a lot of trial and error and insane synchronizing between what you did and how the environment reacted. The cool thing about it is that you can skip levels and come back to them whenever you want, so you aren't stuck on just one (though you can only skip 3 levels at most, so you have to finish them eventually to free up "level skip" slots). I still haven't finished it ;___;

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

I consider myself a heavy PC user as well. After I bought my first gaming PC, I never really looked back, it maybe be a bit more expensive as a console, but it has so much more uses with software and internet and let's say directly, as a digital artist, I would need one anyways.
It can be easily repaired, it can be upgraded unless is not some really oldie, plus games are much cheaper as well. Of course it requires certain knowledge and is not like a console what is enough to plug into the electricity and play. Personally I couldn't even play Skyrim without mods, which is also possible only on PC.
A few weeks ago I have seen a review (interested me since I own the same GPU as they had in the article) that the mid-range Geforce GTX 750 Ti already beats all next gen consoles with a 25-30% difference. And thats quite something.

Don't worry Pande, even if you missed some good games, you can easily play those now trough a emulator.

Regarding my Atari, I think it was advertised as home computer, even if it lacked the typical features. Anything being able to run games was a pretty new thing that time, so the difference wasn't so obvious as later in 90s-2000s

That Atari had some really weird games. For example I think this one would be now banned in some countries, as long a certain group of ppl would find it offending, especially in the states. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWHH_UIoRA0

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

AZD-A9S

AZD-A9S

AZD the Collector

Super Mario RPG / Super Mario All-Stars / Super Metroid / Star Fox for the SNES.
Rad Racer for the NES.

Sometimes I get the urge to play them if I'm not doing anything else. I use an emulator for Rad Racer and Star Fox since they aren't released for the Virtual Console.

The galaxy of AZD is in progress...

izayoichan

izayoichan

Sore o dākunesu. Enbureisu.

Final Fantasy. Played the very first one on NES and have been playing it (and other RPGs) for years now. my most favorite Final Fantasy is FF4, even with it's age, I still play it a lot.

Signature
People fall into darkness because they have lost sight of the true nature of the light within them. Unable to find that light they flounder desperately while suffering in agony, only to give birth to tragedy. And there is no greater cause of tragedy, no greater source of darkness, than warfare.

LuluOokami

LuluOokami

Sir Lulu

Final Fantasy, Legend Of Zelda, Super Mario Bros., Cruisin' USA, Mario Kart, Breath Of Fire, and Need For Speed was the series that I most played. Course if I went with favorite games of each series I'd say Final Fantasy 7, Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past, Super Mario Bros. 3, Cruisin' USA, Mario Kart 64, Breath Of Fire 3, and Need For Speed Hot Pursuit or something along those lines. I would still play em all, but I don't have a system to play Final Fantasy 7, Breath Of Fire 3, or Need For Speed Hot Pursuit on and I don't have a clue where my Cruisin' USA game is or if my 64 even works after setting up for so long, but I do have Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past and Super Mario Bros. 3 on my Wii U and the Zelda one is the current game I am playing.

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution"

kuro115b

kuro115b

Hello...It's been a long time?

Oh! I was a gamer in my childhood times! I have played a lot of games from GameBoy to PS 2! and there are some games that give some great impact!
1. Hack G.U (PS 2-the best MMorpg games! by Bandai and Cyber Connect! my Favourites!)
2. Ace Atorney and Ace Investigation series (I still play it till now on DS)
3. Onimusha 3 and 4 (1 and 2 are a no go!)
4. Digimon world 1,2,3 (PS 1)
5. Harvest Moon : Rune Factory series (2 and 3 are the great! Played on DS)
6. Atelier Iris 3 (Cute and fun)

Signature
Hi nyann~

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Mine was Mario!, Street Fighter, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Pokemon Red and Blue!

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

Oper

Oper

Oper ja nai, Any da!

Super Mario, Mario Kart, Final Fantasy, Legend Of Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Mortal Combat, Empire Earth, WOW and Sims
Oh I really want to play the Sims IV

If you want calcium, DRINK STROWBERRY MILK!!! *Sakata Gintoki*Signature Image

Pokemon Red, Pokemon Silver, Final Fantasy 7, Street of Rage 1-3, too much to list.

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

Tenchu And Soul Of Samurai!

"Ducunt Volentem Fata Nolentem Trahunt = Fate leads the willing soul, but drags along the unwilling one"
Signature

Phantasy Star, great game that really made the Master System good.

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

Super Mario Bros, Pkm red, blue, yellow; the smurfs.

Humaira88

Humaira88

make every day your masterpiece

Prince of Persia. I saw my father played it on his computer. I remember every feelings I had when I could open the door to the next floor, and the feelings I had each time I took wrong potions (aaarggghh) and had to start over. Only three floors to meet the Princess yet I was unable to open the third door. It was because of the potionヽ(`Д´)ノ. I never met the princess (T_T)
wonder if I can play the game again. Guess I'm going to need an old computer.

Suikoden 2. First PS game I played and been my favorite game since then. I even played it during my stressful days back in 2015. I was struggling with a task for two months until I decided to took a full break. I did everything that I wanted to. I ate ice cream, went to the nearest mall, and played the game when I was in my room. I finished the game in two days and I was good to continue the task.

Harvest Moon would be the second, and The Sims.
Followed by Sengoku Basara, then Tekken

BushidoGaara

BushidoGaara

Your eyes see nothing...

Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, Tekken, Street Fighter

Knowing it is an ideal never to be reached...strive toward it again today. As a matter of course. - Kaname Tosen (Bleach)

yes i played lots of game in my childhood but i don't remember the all name of game,one of my faveroute game was " super mario" some times i play this game i just Love this one, some time i play this otherwise i play other games

A lot more people really need to check this out and understand this side of your story. It's surprising you're not more popular since you definitely possess the gift.

PAKISTAN SUPER LEAGUE LIVE STREAMING
WEBCRIC LIVE CRICKET STREAMING
Pakistan Super League Live Score Ball by Ball

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.