Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New Layout Template (download links) - Minitokyo

New Layout Template (download links)

This thread is pinned.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Figured I'd make this thread so this is easier to see. The links everywhere else are mostly or all dead and the good ones are buried under dozens of posts, so having working links in a visible post is best.
Here you will find a quick & easy template for changing the main images of the Minitokyo layout.

Note that this template applies to images only, it doesn't modify other parts of the layout. MT's CSS is here, if you're feeling brave.

This archive contains 4 files:
- the current header;
- template for the header + footer (PSD);
- template for the bg.png file (PSD);
- text file for the CSS.

What each does/is useful for:
- current header: for reference. It's included in both the header + footer template and as a separate file.
- header + footer: self-explanatory. Both the header and footer are contained in one image. And yes, you CAN have different header and footer images.
- bg.png: this image file is a tile type background, meaning it covers areas where the page expands. It's similar to a pattern.
- CSS file: contains precisely the lines of code you need to update with the links to the images you create. Nothing more, nothing less. The parts you need to replace with the links to the header image are bolded, green and named header.jpg, while the parts you need to replace with links to the bg.png file are bolded, red and named bg.png.
------------------------

Download

Download from Box.com | Mirror 1 | Mirror 2

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Great work! Now it is just an easy pasting job of an image to get a nice header that works on any skin right away :3

Giving it a closer look via your UP (it looks great, honestly). I found something odd, it somebow felt lighter than the original. You know the bar where the search bar is placed right? Your forgot to cut 2/3rd of the top of the bar (straight) and give it a somewhat dark colour.

Nevertheless, you did a nice job recreating it xD

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Yup, it is lighter than the default layout, but it's all a matter of changing colors :)
As long as the colors in the header and bg.png images match, you can choose whatever color scheme you want~ And, of course, play around with how round/square the corners are.
TBH I noticed the more square-ish corner after being done with the template but I was too lazy preoccupied with getting the bg.png to tile that I left it as-is XD

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Userpage Customization | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.