Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deletion of Princess Zelda - Minitokyo

Deletion of Princess Zelda

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

SilverCat-sama

SilverCat-sama

~The Dragonborn comes~

Quote by
Additional information provided by the moderator:
Poor composition and quality issues: wall ends abruptly, shading from ivy bleeds into the sky, ivy is somehow both on the wall and behind the stairs, moon brush is blurry, butterflies look very out of place.

sorry, which quality? n abruptly like what? if its about the shading (do u mean 'shadows'?), i can edit it (I still saving the psd file), also the ivy. Moon is so far away so it supposedly be blurred. But now I edit that too. Do you mean like this?
n what makes the butterflies look out of place? can you please explain to me more about it?

Oh yeah, n what about the 2nd version?

Actually, I already edit that too. I just didn't update it in MT yet.

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

As far as updating walls go, it actually takes a little while. It is honestly better to re-submit your revised work if its new..

Normally, the issue with most people who make walls is that there are beginner errors of quality failure(poorly rendered, bad scan, etc). You're already quite familiar in how things go, but that doesn't mean you're invincible.

Even though, the overal quality is OK, there are some issues, especially when it comes to the finishing touches. This is the reason why it got deleted. There were too many errors that could have easily been avoided.

For the moon; a moon is never blurry, not in any situation. Why? It's not a shape but a reflection of light of a planetary orb close to our earth. We wouldn't see it if it wasn't for that. How come it is different from normal objects? Surely, light shines on objects, etc but try to see if you can somehow blur out lights that will start to look differently when it's dark. I can tell you, that doesn't happen cuz light happens. On to the wall the fact that it's blurry indicates a poor brush or render used to buff up the quality by blur.

Not to mention, that if you are going to blur things out, wouldn't everything but the literal foreground have to be quite blurry? Do you know of the Mona Lisa?al A perfect example. You can also try focusing on the bg or foreground of something and you will notice that your eyes lose focus on one of them.

The wall ends abruptly because it became quite messy and out of control. Which might be because you used too many objects.

The butterflies look kinda cheap. I mean, why did you use them in the first place? Does it fit the scene? Does it fiy the behabiour of butterflies? Maybe you thought it was pretty. Either way, it is out of place and actually degrades the entire composition by more than half. If you like, made them light emitting butterflies in the dark. Yes, that would be nice but it's just there to fill up some space. Flowers or something instead would have also been nice. If you wanted some colour, there were many options...so why butterflies?

Let's see what Panda thinks, since she was the one that deleted it. I'm not one to complain about her judgement, since I basically agree.

Not looking at the follow up versions, I'm sure after following the critics, it is fine to stay in the gallery. Sorry for talking so much and if the judgement was a bit too harsh. Don't feel offended, the base and wall is there, the execution/final touches kind of failed. Hope my explanation helps you understand why it got removed.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

SilverCat-sama

SilverCat-sama

~The Dragonborn comes~

Oooh I see. So the moon never blurry bcoz its light is a refclection (Its light is from the sun! I remember that lesson in when I was in elementary school! ''0.0''). Wait, even the edge of it?

Yeah, I saw Monalisa. But never observe it. (that mysterious smile.....)

as of the brushes, I'll make sure to only use the high qualities vers. the renders too.

about the butterflies, I use them to make zelda look more blended with the background (especially the one in front of her). also, I chose them as my personal liking coz I like animals more than flowers :P. besides, there is already a butterfly on the wall (the green one), so I thought i'll just use that animal.

oh? did u slightly feel that u just offended me? coz I dont feel being offended at all, so don't worry. n thanks! ;)

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I'm the one who deleted your wallpaper. Val pretty much gave a solid overview of what I was thinking, but here's a more thorough explanation of each point:

"wall ends abruptly" = the brick wall is perfectly cut off and the perspective is wrong. As they are, the wall looks like we should be facing the inner part on both sides, which would be impossible.
"shading from ivy bleeds into the sky" = drop shadow from ivy is over the sky (see left wall). Common oversight when dealing with drop shadow and glows.
"ivy is somehow both on the wall and behind the stairs" = look at the ivy on the left. Now look at the ivy on the middle-bottom. Same vine, but it's now inexplicably behind the stairs and the same dimension as the one on the wall, even though the stairs are farther away.
"moon brush is blurry" = the brush you used to make the moon is blurry because you probably used it at a bigger size than the one provided by the creator (e.g. if the maximum set by the creator is 100, you used 200). It's not difficult to find good stock photos of the Moon. If you're feeling brave, you can even create your own planet.
"butterflies look very out of place" = the butterflies must be huge if they project such big shadows. They're not blended into the background at all, and the ones on the wall just look flat.

"Poor composition" = everything is just too mixed up and frankly looks kitschy. You have a 2D-looking castle, brick wall and bridge; a 3D-looking render and butterflies; contrast between very shiny butterflies and pastel everything else. It just ends up looking rushed, for lack of a better word. Like you just got a few renders and pasted them on top of each other. And why is there a moon if the rest of the wall is a daytime scene? Or is it supposed to be a generic planet?

What I suggest:
- brick wall shouldn't be perfectly straight. A few imperfections go a long way towards making it look more natural.
- even out the colors on the ivy. There are so many shades of green that it's too crowded. Ideally, it should only be two major shades (older vines and freshly sprouted ones). Same goes for the trees near the bridge.
- remove the butterflies, or find renders where they are in other angles. Butterflies seen from above rarely look good in wallpapers.
- blurring objects in the background doesn't work well if you only blur one object. You could also blur the forest, though I'd suggest removing the blur altogether. The image you posted is fine, though I would resize that moon to about 1/3 of its current size as it's huge.

Second version:
- texture on the desk is strange because it throws off the entire perspective.
- the desk should be more "bent" i.e. not that much of it should be visible if we're considering the perspective of the book.
- bear with me here: the book looks like it's leaning towards the viewer (see the top part), while the stairs look like we're seeing them from somewhere around the bottom step. Another clash in perspective.
- I'd up the contrast. It's a bit too bright for just candlelight. Remove the lens flare as well.

ETA: sorry if I came off as an ass, I didn't mean it ^^"

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

SilverCat-sama

SilverCat-sama

~The Dragonborn comes~

Oooh? So 'Panda' that Valuna-san said is Pande, Pandemonium. Ahaha. I thought 'who is Panda here?' :D

About the moon n drop shadow, I already edited that. N I use the original size of that moon brush. But looks like that one was not too good. so I change it with the other moon. Yes, it's daylight. bcoz its a fantasy theme walls. Zelda herself looks like 'magic' (I mean 'not human')

The walls, ... ok I'l edit that (after I finished my job here, my boss-second-in-command just gave me a new task. I should go. I'll PM Pande for further discussion) ;)

N Pande, you are not an ass. LOL XD

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Yeah, she calls me that XD

It definitely looks much better without the drop shadow and blurry moon. It improved like 50% of the wall.

IF you really want to keep the butterflies...add some very bright highlights to the ivy and maybe to Zelda as well. Alenas's wallpapers are a great example, particularly this and this (notice the white lines near the character outlines?) That would make them blend in better.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Since this discussion is going to PMs stated by the OP, I'll close this.
Good luck with the Wall.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.