Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Sailor Moon Wall - Minitokyo

Sailor Moon Wall

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Seiba

Seiba

kwe!

is this ok to MT? I fix some mistakes.. .thought... http://rairame.deviantart.com/art/SailorMoonWallpaperLoveU-482446922

mehh! x3~

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Well, it does look slightly better than the last deleted version BUT there are still some issues that need to be fixed. Here are my suggestions:

- get rid of that transparent image of Mamoru and Usagi in the upper right corner - it's unnecessary and only clashes with the overall composition of the wall. The two in the middle of the wall should be the main focus and that transparent image only takes away from that focus.

- The moon is too blurry (and too big, too). Get a better moon brush that's more clean and crisp than the blurry one. Also, that sakura tree also looks too blurry and pixelated and should definitely not be so bright if the source of the light (the moon) is behind it. See how your hills/mountains in the back are dark and only a silhouette? That's how things look like when the source of light is behind them. So, the sakura tree is way too bright. Again, find better tree or sakura brushes. DeviantArt is a good place to start. The clouds could use a change of brush, too, although they don't look as bad as before I guess. The grass is too bright and fluorescent, as well. It should definitely not be as visible/bright.

- Those lanterns on the right side look out of place. I mean, they are in the middle of the field so those lanterns really look weird there. I'd remove them. The edges of Mamoru and Usagi (in the middle) are still a bit too sharp and jagged so blur them a bit manually (not too much, though).

- Text is also not necessary there. If you want to keep it there, find something more simple but elegant. And definitely not pink. A white colored, elegant cursive font would definitely look better. And place your signature lower; signature should be there but not distract from the overall scene in the wallpaper.

- I made two tutorials not too long ago, you can check them out if you want. One is a basic walling tutorial (Link) and the other is a Lighting tutorial (Link). You can also check Tsu's wallpaper making guide here on MT, it is really well explained (Link).

- As you can see, there's a lot to work on and improve so it's no wonder your wallpaper got deleted every time. Hope this helps you. Keep practicing and good luck!

Signature

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Both Alenas and Valuna have provided very useful and helpful comments that go into great detail on why your wallpapers keep getting deleted.

You cannot change minimal things around (none of what we suggested, by the way) and expect different results. When you choose to ignore the advice we give, you can expect your wallpaper to not stay in the gallery. While some parts of the comments refer to composition (i.e. the artistic part of the wallpaper), the bulk of the comments refers to quality concerns: pixelation, enlargement of images, badly extracted renders etc. These are objective issues, not us not liking your "vision" or anything. I felt this was important to add because we are discussing a certain quality wallers need to reach to have their works allowed in the gallery.

Your Sailor Moon wallpaper has to have been submitted about 5 times by now, yet there is no improvement at any point. If you continue to submit it like that - without addressing any of the issues that have been explicitly pointed out to you several times - we can't help but delete it, since it's far from meeting the gallery's quality requirements.

I'll reiterate the issues that are common to all your submissions, as well as suggestions on how to fix them:
1. pixelation: this translates to blurry/unclear images that may appear slightly "scratched" as well.
How to solve: find bigger and better quality images to work with. DO NOT ENLARGE IMAGES. Enlarging = losing quality.

2. badly extracted renders: this translates to stray pixels around the edge of the render.
How to solve: find a better extracted render or learn how to properly extract renders yourself.

3. poor composition: this most often translates to the work not being sense as a whole. See Alenas' comment about the lanterns - they have no place being in a field. Also see Alenas' comment about the lighting making no sense. Take a look at other night-themed wallpapers in the gallery.
How to solve: use common sense, look at images for inspiration. Why are there lanterns in a field? Is there a festival there?

4. ghosting: this translates to placing images of low opacity in the background. While this is rarely beneficial, it does work if done well (most recent example being this).
How to fix: avoid using unless you have a damn good reason to.

5. badly made elements: this translates to poorly rendered objects e.g. the lanterns and the cherry tree.
How to solve: look up tutorials on how to make those objects, or find stock images to use instead.

As a sidenote, the Sandbox is reserved for people who want feedback on their works, but this goes both ways: the one who requests help is also expected to try out the suggestions they're given, or at least reply to the people who give advice. So I'll be waiting for you to submit an updated version of your Sailor Moon wall so we can work on it together.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Speaking of good examples, there is one here: LINK

The sky, clouds, moon and all other elements are clean, crisp and in focus and correspond well to each other. Coincidentally, it's also a Sailor Moon wallpaper and judging from the image, it appears to be the same scan/image of Usagi and Mamoru you want to use in your wallpaper so hopefully, this will help you determine what a wall of acceptable quality should look like.

Signature

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.