Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How you met MIniTokyo! >.< - Minitokyo

How you met MIniTokyo! >.<

page 1 of 1 16 total items

renlilica

renlilica

BEAUTIFUL! >.<

Well, recently I've been chatting a lot with my friends of this family MiniTokyo, and in our conversation I realized that Minitokyo has been a very dear companion for many of us, and means a lot to us. It's like a thread that connects all of us here. So what I want to know is how met this wonderful place full of wonderful people.

Well, for me how I met MiniTolyo wasn't that special anyway, it was a time when I was kinda obsessed with collecting high definition anime pics (I am a lil' even now, KuKu!) and I was searching for sites, I tried out many sites but the other sites didn't satisfy me and finally I found MiniTokyo somewhere in my google search. It was love at first sight, I fell inlove with MT looking at all the cool high definition pics by great vectors. that day I understood the joy that Christopher Columbus must've felt when he discovered America. T.T (It's tears of Joy)
I made my first online friends here and got to know a lot of fun people, I'm blessed that my first online friends were from here.
Thank you MT >.< Daisuki!

Well, how you met MT may be funny, coincidental, sad, .............. but please do share here and lets reminisce our first meeting with MT together.
Thank you!

YOU'RE LOVED DEARLY!

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I found mt when I was looking for neko girls and cowboy bebop. I stick around for the friends and a few other reasons I will not mention out in the open, but I have seen many changes to the site over the years and it's always interesting to see where things are going to go next with the site even when it gets to the "dead" point. I tried AP but I felt one site geared towards images and forum was enough for me. the site is small and it hasn't really grown, but I'm still around, entertaining myself as I always do.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

renlilica

renlilica

BEAUTIFUL! >.<

Yeah It is true that MT isn't such a renowned site, but still it's a nice place to hang out especially to chat with friends one of the major reasons, hope the other unmentionable reasons are also good ones that keeps you bringing here back. Thanks for sharing Angelxxuan.

YOU'RE LOVED DEARLY!

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

My encounter with MT is quite similar like yours, Ren-chan, but also bit different.I was searching CCS wallpaper.
I came to know about MT on very first day when I was allowed to use internet by myself like three years or even a little more.But at that time I didn't made account as I don't know much about internet that time (since I ever used it alone my brother was always used to help me before that)
I browsed thousands of the pages of scans and wallpapers.But never made account because I was used to be very shy person.
But one when I was browsing gallery of a particular anime, my brother pass by me and his eyes got caught by a scan but since I didn't made the account here I can't download it in full view so he made "this" account on that day.And after that he never used that account, then after 2 months I asked the password for this account and started using this account.But at that time the name was different from my current username, I just changed this username year ago.
Since I never have any accounts on any site that time I started making friends here, my first online friends and by the time MT became my Second home.

And now I feel lonely if I don't visit MT for a day.I made many family like friends here who are really like a family for me :D

MT means a lot to me now.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

renlilica

renlilica

BEAUTIFUL! >.<

O! I didn't know about that, Monu. It's always nostalgic to reminisce the first time about meeting someone or something, and to hear about people's first encounter.
Thanks, for the comment.

YOU'RE LOVED DEARLY!

I was actually looking for a website to watch some Air Gear episodes while i was in class and i bump in to this website , at first i thought this website was about anime episode so i made an account from there on it's just history.

Signature

renlilica

renlilica

BEAUTIFUL! >.<

Haha! That's one hell of an encounter. Well, I hope you're enjoying I know you are (I'm an esper Muhahahaha!)
Enjoy your stay here. >.<

YOU'RE LOVED DEARLY!

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Quote by renlilicaO! I didn't know about that, Monu. It's always nostalgic to reminisce the first time about meeting someone or something, and to hear about people's first encounter.
Thanks, for the comment.

I still remember the first encounters with my closest friends here!
I cherish the happy memories I've made with everyone here, especially with the friends who are not active these days.I miss my old friends a lot here.

Signature Image

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

My very first avatar in Minitokyo was Kyoya Ootori of Ouran High School Host Club but then I changed it to InuYasha, my most favorite anime character ever. Inuyasha has become an avatar of mine not just because I love him but in gratitude to him for being the reason why I suddenly bumped into the wonderful world of Minitokyo. I always look for good quality images, big ones to be exact for me to use as my desktop wallpaper when my very first laptop was still alive. MT satiated me all the great scans I long to have. Then suddenly, it said that for me to continue downloading scans I need to make an account so I did. This account was only made for me to be able to download but a certain gentleman, Hooyaah-san, welcomed me and that was the time I realized that it works just like a social networking site where people can talk and exchange opinions. But not actually really alike because when I explored MT, I realized that it's WAY WAY WAY BETTER than Facebook, Friendster, Twitter, or any social networking sites I used to know. Then I started to come here often and found good friends. The next person that befriended me and welcomed me is someone who has been so closed to me now, despite the distance. I choose not to mention his name but the friendship we share made me want to stay here in MT for good. Then there came a beautiful lady who's now a sister of mine who never fails to make me happy and amazed by her flourishing intelligence.

Well, because of the InuYasha, I met this wonderful site, OOPS!, that's wrong, I FOUND A HOME! A refuge when I am lonely and a place where some knows the real me. THEN THE REST IS HISTORY.

^ Nice forum Renlilica. ^^

" A mind full of bitter memories , a past drenched in sadness and watered with my tears,
A heart nurtured by the littlest spark of hope, a present fed by the wildest dreams,
A body scarred by the savage adversities, a future that holds the greatest uncertainties,
These are the deepest parts of my blue soul, armored and shielded by an indestructible fortress. " Signature

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

I wanted this wallpaper, but you had to register in order to download it so...then I found that bunch of awsum scans, then started to make walls with those scans and so on.. met some awsum wallers and friends, had many useful feedback on my submissions, which I'm thankful for, finally did a wall with the same scan as the wall I liked so much back then, was like a tribute to it xD, its been an good time here.

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Quote by Blue-Crescent when I explored MT, I realized that it's WAY WAY WAY BETTER than Facebook, Friendster, Twitter, or any social networking sites I used to know.

You took my words! MT is way more better than FB or any world famous site!
People mostly thinks that this is just a site of anime resources but when they came to know about MT more they'll find MT has most Welcoming, Friendly Nice people.And MT also have the Most wonderful staff.

Quote by Blue-Crescent Well, because of the InuYasha, I met this wonderful site, OOPS!, that's wrong, I FOUND A HOME! A refuge when I am lonely and a place where some knows the real me. THEN THE REST IS HISTORY.

Same for me! Because of Cardcaptor Sakura I came to know about this WONDERFUL site ever!
MT is also my Home, my loneliness at home is vanished now because of MT.
I'm blessed to know about this Wonderful, Awesome and BEST site ever!

Signature Image

renlilica

renlilica

BEAUTIFUL! >.<

I'm so glad that many people are sharing their first encounter with MT, it makes me happy cuz it's heart warming.
And thanks Blue Crescent,I was really curious how so many people from different parts of the world come together and share the things they like and encourage and help each other out so I just wanted to know how it all started for each of us.
Hearing all your stories makes realize me that small encounters sometimes leads to a life long cherish memories.
And you're all welcome to comment on others' First encounters as well (as long as it's not a negative feed back, though I doubt you'll be doing that.)

YOU'RE LOVED DEARLY!

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

I cannot agree more Ren-chan! I really love the thread because it's always heart-warming and soul-uplifting to reminisce those beautiful encounters. Much like a timeless encounter to me.The people of Minitokyo taught me a lot and they continue teaching me things I know I can never learn from or course I will take. They taught me good values and even help me find my inner self more. Minitokyo continue to prove to me that wonderful people still exist in the world. ^^

" A mind full of bitter memories , a past drenched in sadness and watered with my tears,
A heart nurtured by the littlest spark of hope, a present fed by the wildest dreams,
A body scarred by the savage adversities, a future that holds the greatest uncertainties,
These are the deepest parts of my blue soul, armored and shielded by an indestructible fortress. " Signature

renlilica

renlilica

BEAUTIFUL! >.<

Yeah,for some Mt means the world for some people. I also met some good people who I couldn't have met if I wasn't in MT.

YOU'RE LOVED DEARLY!

ShanaFlare

ShanaFlare

Mystical Crystallisation

I found the site through luck when searching for good wallpaper in my college library, was glad I found it :)

Courage within the Purest Child.
Signature

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

It is quite nice to read again the things I posted here in Minitokyo and it is quite overwhelming how my feelings for MT and for some people here never change but rather become much deeper as time passes by. *bows to Minitokyo*

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.