Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Irks about anime/manga fanfiction - Minitokyo

Irks about anime/manga fanfiction

page 1 of 1 13 total items

As the title says, what seems to happen a lot in anime/manga fanfiction you read (if any) that just seem to annoy you/put you off/etc.

I, for example, get annoyed when, in cross-over fanfiction, the author keeps the primary anime/manga story 99% the same and the only thing they seem to change is swapping out the main character of that anime/manga with the main anime/manga character of whatever it is they're crossing over (and maybe changing a few things/done said here and there), but otherwise follow the story virtually word for word, action for action.

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

The number one thing I hate about fanfiction is when the author uses his/her work to demonize a character, disregarding the character's actual personality and development for the sake of giving the character a bad name.

Another thing that turns me off is those awful cross-over romance/lemon fanfiction stories, especially when they pair two characters with nothing in common and personalities that don't mesh well with one another that feels too much like a crack pairing.

I've pretty much stopped reading fanfiction long ago.

Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

first off that's the point behind fanfiction, it's via the artist (writer's) rendering, ideas and so forth. that's also the trouble when it comes to reading fanfic you're probably not going to like it due to what they are putting into it, or how they really wanted it to come out. I have nothing against fanfic, I do them myself sometimes. and sometimes fanfics get published and put into legit books and not just placed on the net/etc for reading/enjoyment. and if I don't like how it's going I stop reading it, that's the point behind any work to be honest. no one is forcing you to read it regardless, if it annoys/etc don't read it or make your own rendering. there are many ideas for the same piece of work rather it being cartoons, comic books or live action movies: hollywood, bollywood and so forth.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Quote by angelxxuanfirst off that's the point behind fanfiction, it's via the artist (writer's) rendering, ideas and so forth. that's also the trouble when it comes to reading fanfic you're probably not going to like it due to what they are putting into it, or how they really wanted it to come out. I have nothing against fanfic, I do them myself sometimes. and sometimes fanfics get published and put into legit books and not just placed on the net/etc for reading/enjoyment. and if I don't like how it's going I stop reading it, that's the point behind any work to be honest. no one is forcing you to read it regardless, if it annoys/etc don't read it or make your own rendering. there are many ideas for the same piece of work rather it being cartoons, comic books or live action movies: hollywood, bollywood and so forth.

And there's also nothing wrong with criticizing fanfiction work because that's what a lot of fanfiction authors hope for - that it's well received and enjoyable by those who read it on sites or wherever it's seen, and if it's not, to know the readers' (actual thought out) opinions (not pointless flaming) on them so they can improve on their work either later on in the same story or in their next one. Obviously no fanfic has, is, or ever will be "perfect", but there's always room for possible improvements.

I also stop reading if I don't find it enjoyable, but that won't stop me from leaving a review or something criticizing why it wasn't enjoyable and/or what my opinion(s)/suggestion(s) is for what can be done to fix things.

Many of my irks come from reading just the first (few) chapter(s) of a bunch of fanfics, not forcing myself to read the entire thing.

My example shows not just complete unoriginality, but borderline plagiarism, since all such authors do is swap out one main character for another, but everything else is exactly the same to the point where the readers may as well watch the original anime or read the original manga.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

well yeah, with anything there is plagiarism that's going to happen, not even published works is immune to plagiarism as well as pirated material. I don't make comments on their stuff, I rarely read it, let alone all of it, don't have the time to be honest. but it's cool to read a few paragraphs to at least see people trying to be creative and not just stuck in a video game life and not really trying to do anything. for, when it comes to fanfics, they could turn forward to being actually writers, teachers and so forth. I write them for fun myself and nothing more, I don't bother with posting them on the net because they aren't copyrighted, people steal too well on the net regardless (personal experience). and there's nothing wrong with taking a work, swapping out stuff or being close to the original, that, within itself, is still work, unless it becomes something else entirely and they try to publish it/sell it then it starts to drift towards the plagiarism state, but a "normal" fanfic it's borderline, as for the point it's taking someone's stuff and then running with ideas of your own and not all the time with the creator/s permission.

granted, poor grammar to the point I can't figure out what I'm reading can irk me out sometimes, people are going to have grammar errors, I have them, but to use chat speak in writing a fanfic or something of that nature (poem, short story, etc) sort of seriously takes something from the story or takes something away from what they were/are trying to do.

just my opinion is all.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Poorly written story, plagiarism, character bashing, cheesy words and phrases.

greeno

greeno

I'm too SHINY!

^^ I agree with @Tiff1994

also most of the time when I commented on their spelling i got accuse for attacking/trolling them. so *shrug*

Cannot consider fan fiction unless the fan has a deep knowledge about the author's work and is driven to follow the story with sense, what does not happen every case. So, 90% of time, I do not consider fan fiction valid.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

What I hate or really dislike are characters which are Mary Sue like!

When absolutely every character is gay for some reason. That especially goes for obviously/canonicaly het characters. Yeah, not everyone has to be hetero but not everyone has to be gay as well. I understand people can write what they want but sometimes they just kill the original characters and story like that -_-''

leading that is the point behind fanfiction, it's by means of the craftsman (writer's) rendering, thoughts et cetera. that is likewise the inconvenience with regards to perusing fanfic you're most likely not going to like it because of what they are putting into it, or how they extremely needed it to turn out. I don't have anything against fanfic, I do them myself some of the time. what's more, some of the time (I read kimi no iru machi via mangazuki ) fanfics get distributed and put into genuine books and not simply set on the net/and so on for perusing/happiness. what's more, in the event that I don't care for how it's going I quit understanding it, that is the point behind any work to be straightforward. nobody is compelling you to peruse it notwithstanding, on the off chance that it bothers/and so forth don't peruse it or make your own rendering. there are numerous thoughts for a similar bit of work rather it being kid's shows, comic books or no-frills motion pictures: Hollywood, Bollywood et cetera.

Well Animes are great to watch. The animation is getting good. Some of my favorites are Pokemon and HighSchool DxD. I would really recommend everyone to watch it. As they are Masterpiece. The Season 5 of HighSchool DxD may be coming according to some sources.

It's funny at times but if that's all the kind of humour there is ehh:sweatr:
It's just kinda off putting at times
Oh and predictable anime with the same kind of types of characters like the tsundere,the pervert,the girl with abnormally huuuge boobs etc etc

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.