Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Style development - Minitokyo

Style development

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

Be honest with me guys, do these different angles look like they belong to the same character? I feel the need to kick myself back to illustration class again *headdesk*

http://instagram.com/p/v6LTnmyDA0/

#likethat'sabadthinglol

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

The style is a bit unusual, but it looks fine to me. What the issue here is that makes you doubt your art is because the character isn't "defined" enough. Add colours and some signature clothes and I'm sure she looks like the exact same person. Just saying that it's not the big picture and you need to think of that if you create a character. Nothin wrong with the art, giving you a little insight on how people normally see and recognize characters.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

Quote by ValunaThe style is a bit unusual, but it looks fine to me. What the issue here is that makes you doubt your art is because the character isn't "defined" enough. Add colours and some signature clothes and I'm sure she looks like the exact same person. Just saying that it's not the big picture and you need to think of that if you create a character. Nothin wrong with the art, giving you a little insight on how people normally see and recognize characters.

The profile view is the one out of place most to me :/ I don't really have a solid grasp of anatomy yet but I can see that it doesn't look like it fits the shape.

Good unusual or bad?

#likethat'sabadthinglol

The main issue that I see, in considering the issue regarding proportions, is that there seems to be a slightly shorter distance from the tip of the nose to the chin in the profile view as compared to the full frontal view and the shifted frontal view. One thing that may help, is drawing initial renderings on graph paper. Using a series of photos of the same person as models and making a caricatures of them may also help. Still, drawing the human skeleton from as near a life-size model as you can get, over and over, is one of the best ways to learn the layout of the average distances that occur in the body. Drawing the human skull at various angles is particularly helpful in developing ones grasp of the structure on which the muscles and flesh rest to form the face. Once one learns the proportions of the body, learning the individual muscles and how they overlay to form the complete underlying structure underneath the skin is much easier. Now, composing a viable likeness of people is much less problematic.

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

Quote by HooyaahThe main issue that I see, in considering the issue regarding proportions, is that there seems to be a slightly shorter distance from the tip of the nose to the chin in the profile view as compared to the full frontal view and the shifted frontal view. One thing that may help, is drawing initial renderings on graph paper. Using a series of photos of the same person as models and making a caricatures of them may also help. Still, drawing the human skeleton from as near a life-size model as you can get, over and over, is one of the best ways to learn the layout of the average distances that occur in the body. Drawing the human skull at various angles is particularly helpful in developing ones grasp of the structure on which the muscles and flesh rest to form the face. Once one learns the proportions of the body, learning the individual muscles and how they overlay to form the complete underlying structure underneath the skin is much easier. Now, composing a viable likeness of people is much less problematic.

Time to open my folder of Taylor Swift pics.

I did btw do quite a lot portrait study of actual people. They used to look pretty good (http://abucketofcreativevomit.tumblr.com/post/84529338740/practice-for-something-cant-seem-to-get-it-quite and http://abucketofcreativevomit.tumblr.com/post/79863861174/its-ben-whishaw-i-hope) but lately they look so crapy (both are suppose to be Steve http://instagram.com/p/vq1DMWSDHn/) *cries*

#likethat'sabadthinglol

*hands Redwyn a hanky*

Either you are trying too hard (creativity should flow naturally, not forced) or you have misplaced your passion for what you love to do (or both). It will come back when you get excited again, something will just trigger in your brain and viola!

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.