Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What would you change? - Minitokyo

What would you change?

page 1 of 1 21 total items

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Soo like the title says, do you have anything to change about your favorite anime? Or even your least favorite.
Or change something to improve a series you kinda liked but not too much.

As much as I love Tokyo Crazy Paradise, I'd make the main characters older by at least 2-3 years (they're 13-14). They're too young to be fighting like that! o.O
I'd add 2-3 more episodes to Sailor Moon Crystal to explore the friendship between the girls more. It feels like they're together only while fighting or only to discuss their duties as Senshi, not to get together like friends do :I

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

My hands up for Pande-chan for the Sailor Moon Crystal. Your so cool Pande-chan! *eyes sparkling*
I guess it's no use in depicting how deep their friendship is because people will find awkward to understand due to the lack of scenes that we can relate they have strong bonds.

Man, I love InuYasha the most and if there is something I want to change I would have wanted Kagura to live and have a some romantic scenes with Sesshomaru.
I want Kikyo to live also. I like her better than Kagome. T.T

" A mind full of bitter memories , a past drenched in sadness and watered with my tears,
A heart nurtured by the littlest spark of hope, a present fed by the wildest dreams,
A body scarred by the savage adversities, a future that holds the greatest uncertainties,
These are the deepest parts of my blue soul, armored and shielded by an indestructible fortress. " Signature

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Yeah, that's my main gripe with BSSM Crystal: they're supposed to be super close, but their friendship still comes across as more of a "we're friends because of common circumstances, not common affinities" relationship, sort of like coworkers. I also found it strange that the Senshi were Serenity's personal guards; considering the fact that they're princesses themselves, they should've been ruling their own planets (maybe their families were? IDK). Them being guards kind of seems like they're "below" Serenity. It would've been nice to see them visiting each other as equals instead of them being her guards 24/7 :/

Spoiler (show)

Wasn't Kagome the reincarnation of Kikyo?

:o I don't know much about Inuyasha but Kagome seemed to get a lot of hate for the whole "sit, boy!" thing.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

Spoiler (show)

she is the reincarnation and a few scenes they are seen together due to a curse

have to be careful with this one due to the whole entire spoiler thing, but, let's see.... oh here's one, what about more card captor sakura, perhaps a movie or a renewal to the anime. help with more keroberoes love of course !

with any anime that feels the need ecchi or nudity solves anything with helping the plot along, it's not needed make it go away !

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

I cannot agree more with you Pande-chan! Indeed! They did not even make even a short scene for that face the fans of the series will have a glimpse of the other 4 inner senshi's past. Not even an art of them wearing their royal gowns when they're are still princesses. Now they look like body guards of Sailor Moon and the series runs like it only talks about Usako and Mamo-chan! I really hope they can correct that for the remaining 12 episodes. It's utterly frustrating if they won't. T.T

Yes indeed Pande-chan. Kagome's the reincarnation of Kikyo. Basically, the reincarnation of her own grandmother. Rumiko Takahashi, maker of InuYasha said that Kagome's family is from a lineage of priests and priestesses. And in the family tree, Kagome is related to Kaede and Kikyo. That's why Kagome seems to have a rivalry to her grandmother over InuYasha's love.

Well, I don't hate Kagome for that. It's the only way to hold InuYasha's soul if it happens he can't control it. And, what the thing I don't like much in Kagome is that when they go to battle. All of them are shouting as they summon their different attacks and all she can do is to shout Inuyasha's name! T.T

Things like this:

InuYasha: Wind Scar!
Miroku: Wind Tunnel!
Sango: Hiraikutso!
Shippo: Fox Fire!
Kagome: INUYASHA!
Me: Oh Kagome, please! Just start shooting arrows. T.T

" A mind full of bitter memories , a past drenched in sadness and watered with my tears,
A heart nurtured by the littlest spark of hope, a present fed by the wildest dreams,
A body scarred by the savage adversities, a future that holds the greatest uncertainties,
These are the deepest parts of my blue soul, armored and shielded by an indestructible fortress. " Signature

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

I would love if Madhouse had created another small season of Cardcaptor Sakura (At least of 12 episodes) after the last movie, I really wanted to see a date of Sakura and Syaoran and some Happy times of Sakura :D

and Then I Highly want few more Episodes in Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun! they ended anime in "half way" it feels like while watching last episode, it should have more episodes as the Story was really great, I haven't read the manga yet but the Manga continued even after the anime and I've heard and read the reviews of manga which were great! so there should be more episodes or at least a new season.

And then what I really want to change is Story and Plot of Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan!
The story should be more interesting and either focused on the Shinsengumi era or that Rasetsu, Ochimizu and Oni stuff.
The artwork were extremely Awesome, but the story ruined all the effort of Yone Kazuki, they should have made the story more interesting.

And I also want 2 more chapter of Dengeki Daisy! I wanna see some Erotic stuff of Teru and Kurosaki! the story is just awesome but I don't know why the mangaka (who is a shoujo mangaka) don't like to draw "kissing" scenes much and there were very "few" kissing scene like two or three I think in manga. xD So I wanna more Kissu and some more! >///0///<

And Lastly I want another Season of Chihayafuru! the story caught me on the first day, I really wanna see Chihaya and Arata as Queen and Meijin.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Quote by angelxxuanhave to be careful with this one due to the whole entire spoiler thing

You're right, I edited my post XD Since the manga and anime have been out and finished for a while, I assumed some things were more or less widely known by this point.

Quote by Blue-CrescentYes indeed Pande-chan. Kagome's the reincarnation of Kikyo. Basically, the reincarnation of her own grandmother. Rumiko Takahashi, maker of InuYasha said that Kagome's family is from a lineage of priests and priestesses. And in the family tree, Kagome is related to Kaede and Kikyo. That's why Kagome seems to have a rivalry to her grandmother over InuYasha's love.

Ooh, I get it now, thanks for the explanation <3 There seem to be quite a few anime series out there with miko inheriting their positions from their mothers/grandmothers. What powers does Kagome have anyway, aside from the "sit, boy" command? From what you're saying it doesn't seem like she'd be able to fend for herself in battle (lmao @ "Oh Kagome, please! Just start shooting arrows. T.T"; everyone's fighting with magic and all she has are arrows?!)

Quote by Monu-chanI would love if Madhouse had created another small season of Cardcaptor Sakura (At least of 12 episodes) after the last movie, I really wanted to see a date of Sakura and Syaoran and some Happy times of Sakura :D

There's no date episode?! :o There are a lot of images of the two of them together in a romantic way (just look at all the walls on MT), I assumed they get close and start dating eventually. How old are they, anyway? They look like pre-teens to me. Maybe CLAMP wanted to avoid the issue of kids falling in love/dating?
As for Dengeki Daisy, I think that's just the mangaka's style. I remember reading Beast Master and most of the manga wasn't made of lovey-dovey scenes (it just made the ending cuter, though!)
Ooh I saw some pics of Chihayafuru and the animation/style looks beautiful! Would you recommend it? :o
-------------------

For a manga example, I'd change the Sentinel subplot in the Franken Fran manga. The Sentinel is a man that asks to be genetically enhanced by Fran in order to be able to work as a vigilante against a corporation (?) that did something to him or his family (haven't read the manga in a while so I'm a bit fuzzy on the details).

Anyway, the whole thing is a commentary on how vigilantism isn't OK because power and consequences can't be pinpointed to only one person. Sentinel also loses control of his powers/mind at one point so another Sentinel is created, then another, then another etc.

The subplot dragged on for far too long IMO, and back when I was waiting for a new chapter it was disappointing to see that it was another Sentinel one (the Sentinel chapters didn't come out one after the other, they had long breaks in-between - though the manga itself is fairly episodic in nature).

BushidoGaara

BushidoGaara

Your eyes see nothing...

I would probably change the anime Bleach. If the manga is still going on then I would take the manga and put into some anime episodes. I feel it is a whole new action packed saga for Ichigo and his friends to enter into a new war against the Vandenreich or Quincies.

Knowing it is an ideal never to be reached...strive toward it again today. As a matter of course. - Kaname Tosen (Bleach)

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Quote by pandemonium91 There's no date episode?! :o There are a lot of images of the two of them together in a romantic way (just look at all the walls on MT), I assumed they get close and start dating eventually. How old are they, anyway? They look like pre-teens to me. Maybe CLAMP wanted to avoid the issue of kids falling in love/dating?

Not a single date of Syaoran and Sakura (there's only two date scene and both were with Yukito)
I know CLAMP loves making those two, I remembered an article on net about an Interview years ago that the CLAMP's lead story writer and inking and costumes designer Mokona and Nanase's favorite Character is Sakura, therefor we still got chances to see the new artworks of Sakura. :D
In last movie they are of 12 years I think.
But I think as in Manga the the last page's scene was when Sakura became an Junior High student and then Syaoran came in Morning when she was at her way to school, and they embraced each other! So I wanna story to continue from that point, and I think it's okay of those two to date, they are of Immortal lovers of anime world. (evidencing their everlasting love in TRC).
But Nanase once stated that they are not "good at love stories" so they never made a story centered on Love.

Quote by pandemonium91As for Dengeki Daisy, I think that's just the mangaka's style. I remember reading Beast Master and most of the manga wasn't made of lovey-dovey scenes (it just made the ending cuter, though!)
Ooh I saw some pics of Chihayafuru and the animation/style looks beautiful! Would you recommend it? :o

I know and I love Dengeki Daisy as the way it is now <3 the innocence and the comedy makes the story more actual, love and charming! :D

and I Highly recommend you Chihayafuru, if you're interested in Japanese poem anthology Ogura Hyakunnin Issho, but it's not just about Karuta game though, the story has high inspirational value of not giving up and also it has something special that I can't describe in mere words.

Signature Image

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

@ Pande-chan: She even finds herself as the jewel detector of the group. And even if InuYasha and others try their best to convince her she's not but she always turn out be one as she's the only one who can detect the aura of a shard of the jewel. She's even the only one who can see them through wall or bodies where they are being kept. Since Kagome is from a lineage of priests and priestesses, and is the reincarnation of Kikyo, she has powers resembling of a priestess. Her abilities are like Kikyo though Kikyo can wield such powers with much prowess. Kagome's arrows are infused with purification powers that are fatal to demons. With one strike, they receive a massive damage or be killed instantly. So it's pretty useful during those times. T.T

Another anime where I want to change something is Cardcaptor Sakura. I pretty like the series and since I own this collector's set of Clow Cards, some cards are not given episodes or scenes where they're being captured. Examples are the Wave and the Through cards. I'd probably make one for each of them and an episode too where Windy card is out of control and Sakura has to capture it like the other cards, since it's always Sakura's partner card and is the only card left in her possession when the cards are dispersed by it. But in totality, it's really a very pretty anime even the main characters are kids. And I find the designs of Clow Cards fascinating. ^^

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Quote by Blue-Crescentsome cards are not given episodes or scenes where they're being captured. Examples are the Wave and the Through cards. I'd probably make one for each of them and an episode too where Windy card is out of control and Sakura has to capture it like the other cards, since it's always Sakura's partner card and is the only card left in her possession when the cards are dispersed by it.

I agree with that, but from what I know and think, those cards particularly Through can not cause much noticeable trouble, and I think that Sakura found those cards in their inactive form.
And the manga only has 19 cards from what I know.So I don't think Madhouse even wanted to create trouble for themselves. xD

And about Windy card, Kero-chan once stated that Windy is one of most gentle cards followed by Wood card.
Remember Each clow card has their own personality like Watery and Firey are Violent and Crazy cards who likes to trouble others, whereas the Sweet card is naughty card and whereas Flowery is a Cheerful card, and Song card is shy and ...(I think I should stop now xD).So their behavior also varies.

Signature Image

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

But at least, they made a scene how she happened to acquire those cards back. Like the Wood and Rain Card. They are in their inactive forms when Sakura found them it's just that they collaborated to cause havoc in Sakura's house.
Through card I think is a troublesome card if it goes uncontrolled. Just like the Jump Card. Sakura had a hard time capturing it so it might be the same with Through too. She might have a hard time capturing it if is goes through from wall to wall.
Well, at least they can make a special episode or something like that since CCS has lots of fans.

For Windy Card, I know it's gentle but what if it goes out of control too like what happened to the Dash card. Like they will create a circumstance that will disturb the Windy card. Besides, they even made an episode for Flower and Glow card which are not offensive at all. Besides, it's true that the upbringing of each card varies, but we won't know what will be the Wave and Through Cards' nature if they won't make one. So I guess, it won't hurt making a few more special episodes. Plus, I miss the whole cast of the anime. ^^

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

I think OVA of five to six episodes for some lil cheekynes and clow card description will be a Blast and True Blessing for me and other CCS fans! :D
I wanna hear that Kawaii voice of Sakura Tange, and Junko Iwao with a masculine voice of Mokoto Kumai :D and Touya's some teasing fun <3

Signature Image

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

Haha. Sure thing. I hope they'll make a new season even just a short one like what they did with Sailormoon.
So true. It will be really a blast and will make them a fortune.

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

From those anime shows I liked, the change(s) I would make would be...

Clannad-Include Kappei Hiiragi in the story, he's the only character I know of from the original VN that was not included into the series, which is sad because I found his story endearing and both he and Ryou make a charming couple when the two of them got together.

Kanon 2006-Include a two episode OVA special that is more faithful to Nayuki's route that further emphasizes her own relationship with Yuuichi, much like how the Clannad specials did for Tomoyo and Kyou.

-For both Clannad ~After Story~ and Kanon 2006, I'd use a subdued ED song at the end of an episode after a sad event occurs, those upbeat tunes can be mood-killers, but hey there's the option of skipping the ED too.-

Macross Plus-Emphasize the background stories of the three leads in their lives before the incident that drove them apart and after in the formative years before they reunited to further develop their characters, but only as a separate work so as not to detract from the main story.

Sakura Wars-Reboot the anime to follow the original plot-lines of the games and also work in the romantic aspects as well, mainly between Ogami and Sakura.

Top Wo Nerae! Gunbuster-

Spoiler (show)

At the last episode, include a post-credits scene with Noriko and Kazumi on Earth taking in the sights of what to them is new and unfamiliar after all the millennia that has passed by, instead of giving into despair of those they once knew that have long since been gone; they look at one another with a smile and shed a tear that symbolizes what they're feeling, and say "Welcome Home" to one another and share a sisterly embrace.

Signature

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

Quote by BushidoGaaraI would probably change the anime Bleach. If the manga is still going on then I would take the manga and put into some anime episodes. I feel it is a whole new action packed saga for Ichigo and his friends to enter into a new war against the Vandenreich or Quincies.

I've heard the Bleach anime critiqued a lot for having fillers (like entire arcs), is it true for the manga as well? Can't help it: if a series becomes so popular it'll definitely be stretched to keep going as long as possible :/

@ Monu-chan: the Sakura/Syaoran hug moment sounds so sweet! I can imagine all the fuzzy warm feelings that brought up when CCS first aired ^^
And I'll give Chihayafuru a shot, thanks! To be honest I've never heard of what you mentioned, but I'm always happy to discover more about Japanese culture.

@ Blue-Crescent: ah, then I guess her powers are more non-offensive than the others' (not meant to be used in actual battle but more like the "brains/healer", I guess?)
As for the clow card episodes, maybe having an episode for each card would've made it seem too much monster-of-the-week-ish? The old Sailor Moon suffered from that as well; as much as I loved seeing the Senshi in action and bonding with each other, some of those episodes could've been merged (like fighting two monsters/episode).

@ minayuri: are Clannad and Kanon as good as people make them out to be? I mean they're more or less known for being the most depressing tearjerkers ever, but I haven't seen much of them being discussed past that aspect.
-------------

I'd have more episodes made of Puni Puni Poemi! Seriously, it's so insane that 2 OVAs aren't enough! Great, now I feel like rewatching it XD
If I had to change characters, I'd make the Rei in the Classic and Crystal versions of Sailor Moon more serious/hot-headed. She seems too childish in Classic and too calm in Crystal :o

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

Quote by pandemonium91

@ minayuri: are Clannad and Kanon as good as people make them out to be? I mean they're more or less known for being the most depressing tearjerkers ever, but I haven't seen much of them being discussed past that aspect.

I believe that they are; there are also the comedic aspects of both series that balance out the sad parts even though Clannad's sequel series ~After Story~ has more dramatic elements than its' predecessor. I recommend looking into the original VN's as well in order to get a better understanding of both series beyond what is shown in the anime adaptations by Kyoto Animation.

Signature

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

So many things I'd change >.< ok I got two:

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann big spoiler, don't click >.<

Spoiler (show)

I wouldn't killed Kamina if I was the author. He was like the main character for me. I don't really care about Simon, he wasn't a good main protagonist in my opinion, and he didn't grow much with the death of Kamina.

Also, I'd change the mangaka of Shingeki no Kyojin if I could. I mean, he's good, but he needs to practice his drawing skills a bit more :P

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

LuluOokami

LuluOokami

Sir Lulu

I'd make most of my favorite series a bit longer and go deeper into the story so I could enjoy them even longer. Case in point Sword Art Online just 12 or 13 episodes for the Aincard part they could of showed some of the clearing of the floors in it as well as the wedding.

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution"

kyoru-chan

kyoru-chan

- jo - chan . . .

It would be better If Ouran High School Host Club will have a next season cause in anime they are just like at the start of their story, Haruhi and Tamaki :3

that was fast . . . but not fast enough . . .Signature Image

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

Now at the moment I really wish that Arslan Senki season 2 would have more episodes! (not only 8! Its a shame)!

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.