Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wallpaper feedback please - Minitokyo

Wallpaper feedback please

Tagged under Slayers

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 29 total items

Himither

Himither

H~I~H

Yeah, that bad habit is from years ago when I was playing around with Photoshop 7 without knowing anything.
Over time I learned how to play with the filters and layers to create pretty good backgrounds, but nearly all of them got "violated" by poorly cut and not-edited character scans simply slapped on top of them.
(Thankfully I've still got the .psds from back then, so I can revamp my favorites over time or at least reuse the backgrounds.)
Well, but by now I've already learned my lesson that I should be careful with the filter/effect stuff, but not without misusing them first to create myself some unnecessary extra work. xxxD

Also, hmm...
Abstract backgrounds sounds fine to me, but I think I'll do that for the sketchbook wallpaper.
The anime/manga is about about art afterall and I plan to vector the characters, too so that would fit.
On the other hand Lina on this wallpaper here isn't a vector, wouldn't a background drawn with path tool look too different?
Maybe if I manage to make Linas scan look really clean and crisp, but I can't tell how good the end result will be right now.
Shouldn't the background be pixel-based/raster graphic too in my case, since I still rather at the beginners stage?

Or maybe I just can't imagine what you've got in mind right now. O_o Example maybe

Off too finally submit something something, dun-dun-duuuun! xD

H~I~H

Signature

there are many different things you can do as for going abstract but your problem is that by using the filter everytime you lower the quallity of the Scan and opverall image if you doing it alot. Maybe you cant try the path tool to better out outlines if you cant or want to Vector. extracting BGs from other scans is a possibility. You can also go for a Typo BG with only Text but there you would need to let you creativity speak to make it someting impressive.

Even if lina isnt a vector you can redraw some outlines with the path tool and go for a Sky scenery which can be easy made with or without the path tool, but important is that the scan will be as clear as the BG so dont use Filter effect above the layers of the character,

Himither

Himither

H~I~H

Yeah I'll be careful with the effects from now on, that thought echos in my mind for each line of Lina I've redraw. xxxD
This one also teached me to frikking take care of my layer managment. >_<

I think I'll stick with another scan for the BG, afterall my first submitted wallpaper classifys as Typo BG I guess(?) and I'll leave a vector BG for the sketchbook wallpaper.

Sky sounds good, something where it looks she's on the balcony of a inn or whatever, where it looks like she might be sitting at a table with her elbows on top of it. Man I can already kinda see it.

Actually I believe there's a fan artwork with the kinda setting, but with more characters and bird's-eye view. Gotta check my folder.
And maybe there's a bag full of gold coins on the balconys fence with a hole in it, so some are falling down while Lina is smiling happily. But not for long.
WHAT A TWIST! xD

H~I~H

Signature

if you make a balcony in the BG then you can use the path tool making it andf make it blurry thats a opshion you can make on headshot wallpapers

Himither-san, please do not forget to save all your files with different stages of your work as psds. It looks like now you are having lots of trouble trying to change back something that just didn't go well... And if you had some work in progress files saved as multy-layered files discarding your changes and getting back to an earlier stage of your work to try something different would be much easier.

If I were you, I'd rather get back to this version, erase everything from the background, get rid of the orbs and fix the lines (again T_T), then copy Lina's clothes from this pic (I think that the lasso tool would work well for copying them) and paste them as a new layer (of course erasing everything that is not needed)... Then I'd probably copy the whole this pic, paste it as a new layer, create a new transparent layer and try to repeat all the shadows from the pic on this new layer. After this the pic itself would not be needed anymore, so I'd delete the layer with it. Then foxus on the layer with the shadows, try to play with it changing brightness/contrast, saturation, opacity of the layer etc. to make the shadows blend well with the main layer.
After this looking for a good background could be easier since you'd have a part of the work already done. I agree that a view with the sky and a balcony could fit well. ^^
Probably your text would still look good on the pic so try to add the text layer too and look at what you'll get.

And of course you need to be very careful with all the filters, they can easily ruin everything sometimes (if you're interested you can have a look at my own post on the Sandbox, it has a good example of I how I had made an overfiltered wallpaper and had to discard my filters step by step to make it look neat and nice). Filters can help to create an astonishing work but sometimes they just don't work out the way you expected.

Anyway, good luck and don't give up on your wallpaper. ^^ Lina deserves to become a part of the MT wallpaper gallery too.

current anime obsession: K Project (since 2012)

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 29 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.