Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 wallpaper removed - Minitokyo

wallpaper removed

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

hello. why was my wallpaper removed? I vectorized the image and i designed all the background, i dont see any reason for it to have been deleted

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Read the personal message that came with the deletion PM.

To be honest though, vectoring and designing a background yourself does NOT indicate that the wallpaper is of good quality.

The one that got deleted, although the idea was somewhat clear, it was a huge mess and had poor execution. The white light in the middle is very off (never put light sources in the middle), the black twisted bars...I'm not sure what that is supposed to be like. Too much textures or stuff on the background itself. The broken glass and pieces dropping around looked off and sometimes it was even "cut" off. The composition is questionable aswell.

You can do better seeing your other wallpapers. This is just too much of a mess. When something like that happens, I usually get rid of all the effect layers and rework things from there, being more careful with what I do. You can also try the sandbox if you're stuck.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

This wallpaper was done as a background of a poem I wrote. The poem is writen in my language,reason why I deleted the text when I posted it here. The confuse background reflects the confusion inside the heart. The light in the middle represents hope, the dark part of the angel trying to touch the light, but being to far from it. The black bars represents the division between what the angel shows to the otsideres and what truly feels inside. The broken glasses and pieces dropping represents the shattered pieces of the heart, pieces that exploded and affect the inside and outside of the angel

It doesnt matter what reason it is if the Quallity isnt fit for MT standard.
So even if everything has a meaning in the Wallpaper it should be on a Quallity level acceptable by the MT minimum Standard then it wont be deleted.
I wrote a comment on that Wallpaper beore it got Deletet but its almost the same as Valuna said.

Quality and people opinions are differente.
-My wallpaper wasnt too simplistic,
-the subject wasnt too blurry or over-filtered,
-I didnt used screenshots or unmodified stock photos.
- It wasnt a low-effort wallpaper (took me 4 hours working on the background, without including the vectorizing part,im a professional webdesigner with 7 years experience on photoshop, i rarely place my works here, except for rare exceptions.)
- It wasnt an alternate version of an existing wallpaper
- It featured an anime-style image.

According to MT stantards i dont see any reason for my wallpaper being deleted. Everyone have their own opinions, i respect if people dont like or dont understand my work and im always opened to sugestions, but deleting a work only cus the concept is misunderstood isnt fair.

Quote by Fran-Low effort does not refer to the time you spent on the wallpaper, it has to do with creating a coherent and cohesive piece.

Dont take it personal

Quote by Shimazaki

Quote by Fran-Low effort does not refer to the time you spent on the wallpaper, it has to do with creating a coherent and cohesive piece.

Dont take it personal

"Pain

Im trapped
Immersed
Eaten

Flames

Hot
Burning
Marking

Light

So close
So far
So bright

Mourning

Without light
Darkness
Emptiness

Shattered pieces of my soul
One by one i collect them
Day by day i stack them
Trying to rebuild my heart

So weak it is

I then build a dark wall
So I can protect it
Until one day i reborn"

The wallpaper was made to match that text i wrote. I feel part of it is lost in the translation from portuguese to english, but i looked for the better words to try express myself. Maybe I should have put the text translated on the wall, so who see it could understand the meaning of my art

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

First of all, I don't judge wallpapers on their concept or the meaning in it. It is purely the quality. With quality, I mean the quality of the images, composition, blending and colouring. These 4 aspects are important to bringing a piece together.

To some degree of fault, it is acceptable, to some it isn't. It is nothing personal or very much an opinion. I am sure that most people here on Minitokyo would consider it unacceptable seeing the rest of the gallery.

The time spend on a wallpaper says nothing. Everyone has a different level of skills and different amount of time that takes to make a certain thing. Vectoring can take up from 3 hours to literally 20-50 hours, depending on what you do. Backgrounds usually don't take more than a couple hours to create along with finishing the entire piece.

I have not judged your wallpaper on the quality of the pictures, which is the jaggies, poor rendering, upscaled, etc. I don't do it and usually ask Panda because viewing things on a phone disables me to judge like that.

But! I considered your wallpaper faulty enough that I did not bother to have that part checked as far as quality goes.

The basic of any image is that it is appealing to the eye. Good composition makes it appealing to the eye, even with only 2-5 elements in it. Your wallpaper, almost killed my eyes because it was a total mess, almost like a bomb fell right on top of it. My eyes somehow are focused in the middle where there is a very odd light source and pure black thing, while it really should be the vectored girl and the things evolving around her. I'm not trying to be harsh, sorry if I am but you don't seem to understand.

The girl the bottom left is OKAY there. Then there is a lot of flames, some angelic drawings, a lightsource that is totally out of place and unblended, very odd and dark shadowing, big black bars, broken glass all around the place...and the girl is so small in a corner.

This literally shows your wallpaper has been poorly executed. The idea is there, the feelings are there but the piece is a mess. I deleted it for quality reasons, which is poor execution.

If it were me, I would center her, adjust the colour palette to fit the poem and go for minimalism while still using the same elements, but in a much more subtle way.

If you are an experienced graphic/web designer, you should know and realize it very much yourself.

Signature

" Your wallpaper, almost killed my eyes because it was a total mess, almost like a bomb fell right on top of it"
well thats exactly the sensation the wallpaper is supposed to transmit. the girl isnt the main subject on the wall, she isnt supossed to be noticed on first sight, cus she is being crushed by all the other elements and that is exactly the sensation this art transmits, someone tinny on a corner feeling crushed by her own feelings

As i said in the PM, you shouldnt make a scene it hurts your reputation.

To be honest i didnt see any Art in it, Your Vector was well shaded but it had its flaws (you forgot to color the inside of her mouth as example)
What you consider art is not what i consider art (that is Opinion)
Did you even watch the Anime? their is no Relation between the things you want to express and the Character, Your kind of art how you call it might be better suited in Deviant Art but here you cant just put Broken glass brushes of picturs you found of a theme which isnt even anime related and then mix it with anime.
Try making your Background of moe quallity, ask for opinions in the Sandbox or other Wallers who are more expirienced with the Art here on MT.
Your skills means nothing if you cant put them into use like this time!

Sorry heated up things here thats not my intention but from the view of a normal member i would say that kind of quallity is for the Sandbox
Thats it i would recomend Closing that Thread and letting a Mod dealing it via PM since it looks like it shoudnt be dealt with in the forum

Im not making a scene. Im expressing my opinion, same thing as you are doing
No I didnt watched the anime, i simply searched for angel images and choosed that one. That is one of the reasons why i changed her colors. As far as I know I can do a wallpaper from an anime without having to watch the anime.
The way you express yourserlf seems like i simply picked a pic, put broken brushes, put the vector and voilá, wallpaper done...... I worked deeply on the background images until i get exactly the effect i wanted. if i wanted the inside to be anime type i would simply vectorized the angels
About the where i typed, i simply clicked on a link related with the deleted wallpaper,i never use forum plus i never had a complain to do before in the 6 years that i have been a MT member

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

By the way, members are not supposed to reply to deletion appeal threads. This place isn't meant for regular members to debate on another person's works. I don't believe Merc is making a scene, this is an appeal section. His/her voice needs to be heard and the wall mods are supposed to reply and think over the actions they took.

Nothing more.

I'll leave the comments here as a testament to what happens when members do this, because this thread became a debate of "pink is prettier than blue".
No, it really shouldn't be - and this behavior of pricking someone who had their work deleted is not going to do them any good. I have known people who made appeals that stopped walling entirely because members kept telling them their work wasn't good enough.. etc.

While I accuse no one, I don't want slips of this occuring again. Please leave this section to mods only.

The reason members aren't allowed to comment is because of this. Merc isn't here to argue with another member about his work because members do not know why it was deleted. You are basically telling him you don't like his/her work and causing a discussion about it.. which is not why deletion appeals are here.

They are meant to appeal to the mods who deleted it, that is all.
Please keep this in mind for future.

I am also not going to delete the comments because Merc's replies detail mindset when making the wall.
Valuna has already replied with what she could and has even given some suggestions, I'd focus on her input as she took time to type this out.

I'm also on vacation.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

While I was showering...and playing some Monhun, Darthy came out of nowhere to avoid a heated discussion. Now Mr. On vacation...where is that pretty pink text?

Quote by Merc-chan" Your wallpaper, almost killed my eyes because it was a total mess, almost like a bomb fell right on top of it"
well thats exactly the sensation the wallpaper is supposed to transmit. the girl isnt the main subject on the wall, she isnt supossed to be noticed on first sight, cus she is being crushed by all the other elements and that is exactly the sensation this art transmits, someone tinny on a corner feeling crushed by her own feelings

You are misunderstanding me here. The girl is the main element in the wallpaper. What else should it be? The light? Shadows? Every element in your wallpaper revolves around the girl, making her the main element.

There is more than one way to Rome and sadly, the one you took with this wallpaper is a dead end. You could make your wallpaper in a way, in which people wouldn't be distracted by the mess and be amazed by how you simply, tell a story with one image. It does not require a lot of elements. Half of it can be easily translated to text, enabling your wallpaper to be more organized. What your wallpaper lacks, is that it does not come together.

Even if I would accept it, some parts are just too poorly executed that I really can't let it slip. Especially that light bulb and the glass that was "cut" off. It just does not happen that when glass has a crack the crack is cut off straight and has a corner. The cracks are overal..pretty bad.

To improve the current one quickly; get rid of the glass, the shadow, the light and the black bars. It looks alright without that. The background looks more like something similair to a painting to me.

My input for your poem, just using the main lines for some inspiration, because people tend to be disabled to think outside the box:
Pain: Her expression and her being chained does the job along with a broken wing
Flames: flames do not literally have to look like flames, flames are wild and lively. They can hurt but are also life. You could set her on fire, giving her some burnt skin.
Light: The brighter the light, the darker the darkness. It would be better to shine light upon her or add a lightsource element.
Mourning: Speaks for itself once you get the above.
Shattered: It does not scream glass. A shattered soul, means the part that makes you, being you is broken. You can express it differently, even by shattering literally all the elements.

I wouldn't use the last part if I were you, which is why I left it out. It throws any image off balance because it is the opposite and you can not do it with one image. If you're going dark, keep it dark unless you want to express "hope". The reborn part actually makes it more of a bright and nostalgic. Depending on what you consider yourself what should be told, you can adjust it.

I am gonna tell you that, you can not describe a story or a poem in an image. It is just an image. The story of your life in images is done with dozens. A wallpaper is like a picture, you "capture" a moment and that moment, tells a short story. Who was there? What is there? Where is that? When was that? Etc. You can't do too much, there is a limit to how much you can do until it becomes a mess.

Rework it, try the sandbox and I am sure it will be a better piece by the time you submit it again.

Signature

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.