Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Syaoran vector - Minitokyo

Syaoran vector

Tagged under Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

page 1 of 1 4 total items

redhatgirl

redhatgirl

Like a Broken Rose!

Hey guys...Is this vector worth submitting here? I just did it for practice...

Syaoran Vector

I wanna need your love,
I'm like a broken rose...Signature Image

I think it woudnt pass because there are some areas which arent colored so it would be deleted for that reason. i would advice you to fill every white spot expect the BG.

Correct some outlines, i can see that on the arm the outline ends in his clothes, On the hair/Face are white spots and arent vectored well so fill them up.
And please turn off the Stroke effect its doesnt looks good or rather cheap. If you want clear lines then just make the Outlines thicker.

When you correct these things it should pass.
Its not to bad to be honest just some mistakes you made but it can be corrected easly, and the question if its is worth then i till that only you know the anwer of if your art is worth showing, some people will like it some not but keeping improving and getting critique will make your art more remembered.

PS: that red ribbon tie or what it should be has two different colors so you should change it to one

SakuraLI24

SakuraLI24

Princess of Anime/Manga

it's look really good. :)http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/347/a/c/komari_kamikita__very_happy___v2__by_jerikuto-d6szlla.gif

Hello!

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

It will be accepted if you correct few things namely;
There are color bleeds in many parts (color going out of lines, or not properly filled within lines)
Second thing hair, the lines around Shaoran's bangs aren't done properly and color, some bangs doesn't have edgy ends, make them perfectly pointed on edges, and make lines more smoothly.
Then some of his bangs are hid by eyes, naturally hair covers eyes, so always makes the layers of eyes below the layers of hair, it's much easier and looks good.
Make the shapes of eyes more curvier, also if you don't/can't use gradients, then considering making at least 3-4 layers for coloring irises, and also use Outer glow effect for making eyes glowing. Those white highlights are not smooth at all, they are reflections, and they should be "round" or atleast roundish not that hard and edgy. Also don't use pure white (#FFFFFF) color for them, use a little grayish color for that.

Now come to Outlines;
They are not done well, here there are some technical faults in lines, they points where two lines meets are subtracted from your workpath shape. Consider using "Shapes" mode of Pentool, they made "pre-filled" layers of solid color, and they are considered best for making lines, don't use pure black color for making lines, dark brown, dark purple or dark blue looks good for making lines.
The lines of Ribbons are too uneven, the ribbon is flowing/floating so it should extremely curved (use less anchor points and curve them for making smooth lines)
Also the tip of his nose tooo thin, very unnatural.

Now comes to Coloring;
The base color and the shades are not matching with each other, why the base color of dark greenish-brown color has shading of purplish green color?
Also shadows never makes "color" they are just supposed to be dark shade of base color, or lighter for highlights.
The color of ribbons are completely off, use the colors as base and shaded which are more even when put together. You don't have to choose the original colors that the scan/screenshot/art resources provide if they are clashing and not looking good, try doing experiments in coloring, and most especially try to use gradients, they do miracles in making a vector/digital art more lively.

This is what I think can be improved, and it'll not only got accepted but then also be liked by many.
Try to work hard and you'll be pro in vectoring in no time! :D

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.