Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 OT AMA Thread 2015 - Minitokyo

OT AMA Thread 2015

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 57 total items

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Pinning thread for easy reading.
To those interested, since I never made an AMA inside of the OT section before.

Since many people visit the OT section first over other sections, I'm going to place this thread here for anyone who's new or old to the site and doesn't want to make threads for simple questions they want answered.
(Disclaimer: The information you receive may or may not be able to solve your problems)

I have personally always been in favor of being a helpful and supportive member of the community (results vary depending on who you ask) and while many people prefer not to ask anything at all, I think openness and acceptance are two very admired traits in any person.

The profit of the thread? Well, I suppose the profit is in knowing that you have another opinion. Most people should be able to turn any opinion into an advantage to solve any questions they might have.
It's an AMA, Ask Me Anything, even the ridiculous questions.

Despite the fairly serious sounding post though, this is as relaxed as any other thread. I just figured people don't want to make threads repeatedly, or do not know if they should, so for all else.. I hope this thread at least helps someone.

If it did, it's done it's purpose.

(Mods and members allowed to post btw)

- Lex

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Elites not allows to post lmfao

Question:
Do you play other games besides weeb-service games such as Neptunia and the likes of it? If so, name a few and your favourite.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

what no colored text? I am shocked ! where's the pink !?!

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Quote by ValunaElites not allows to post lmfao

Question:
Do you play other games besides weeb-service games such as Neptunia and the likes of it? If so, name a few and your favourite.

Dark Souls/DS2, Dragon Age/AW/2/Inquis, Played Titanfall but got bored of it, WoW, GW2, Skyrim, Heroes of the Storm, LoL, DOTA/2, Final Fantasy 1-14, a mountainload of visual novels, mario since the dawn of time, pokemon (all of them), a bunch of free to play social games, Counter Strike, Half Life, Splinter Cell, Mass Effect 1-3, KOTOR1/2, SWTOR, Destiny and a few more.

No minecraft though, no love for that one. Pretty sure I missed out a few FPS games.

Quote by angelxxuanwhat no colored text? I am shocked ! where's the pink !?!

Everyone complains that pink is too hard to read! Some asked for a new color like white.
White doesn't match with my avatar and sig.. and means I'll have to change everything all over again.

I welcome color suggestions that don't burn my own eyes though when I write 20 paragraph replies.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

What's the meaning of life?

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Quote by UsagixKitsuneWhat's the meaning of life?

http://i59.tinypic.com/303gyo8.jpg

Spoiler (show)

I think life is entirely dependent on how you want to live it or what situation you're born into - not being able to choose your parents is a good indicator of this because that basically decides your lifestyle. Whether you're free to break away from it and push on solo or live by it and stay where you are.

Sadly, the meaning of life can't be defined in simple words because every person is different. Striving as a group toward 1 thing will give you the USA, which apparently can't make a decent hamburger anymore.

We all reach a point in our lives where we question why it's worth living in it but even something as simple as that will be caused by many things, which then will give many different answers. Emotionally upset people may ask it but it won't be the same when it's asked by a philosopher.

I think the meaning of Life is the purpose of your life.
The purpose is also the meaning.
If you can find one, you can find the other.

Sounds pretty stupid, but so does everything involving human logic.
Why are you alive and what are you trying to achieve? If you don't know or don't care, the answer is nothing.

"The meaning of life" is a question that's commonly used when people want to be told what to work toward, which imo isn't the way to live your life, because you'll be living it in accordance to what people say, rather than what you know or you want.
It turns most lives into a one-track 'grind' toward what you are told life means just for chances that you can mentally handle living on this planet and not killing yourself or the people around you.

If the meaning of Life to someone is saving lives, then their purpose is to preserve what lives they can, no matter how small, within their capabilities. Sometimes they meet people who can't be saved, but the strongest push forward while the weaker ones wane and eventually falter.

We can all agree that life is entirely based on survival though and who is resourceful enough to pull ahead of the rest. After all, if you live life perpetually in second place, your entire life will be just that.
Second place.

That doesn't mean it can't be changed, but if you will have the will to change it.
Make it mean something.
Give it purpose.

Etc.

[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

A for effort.

My next question is easier. If you were a charming 20 something year old onee-san, what would you most want a handsome British gentleman such as myself to cook for you?

If it helps I'm half Italian.

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Quote by UsagixKitsune A for effort.

My next question is easier. If you were a charming 20 something year old onee-san, what would you most want a handsome British gentleman such as myself to cook for you?

I'll answer that question for you as I am close to that age. Then to think...why do you ask a guy to pretend and think like a girl? You know all too well he would prefer doing other things if that ever happens lol

If you can cook, sure. I don't want to be poisoned. I never heard of you having any cooking skills or love Usagi-kun...so...Nope. Having take-out is probably better or cook myself.

Now on to Darthy

Question:
Have you ever felt like you found the love of your life? What did/didn't work out? And how many grills have you dated?

Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Quote by UsagixKitsuneA for effort.

Tbh, the food can be anything as long as you don't cook something she hates.
That usually is entirely hinged on how well you know her. I mean if I'm the 20 y.o girl, as long as I can swallow the food, I won't have an issue with the evening. Unless the food is completely terrible and makes me get up for the bathroom every 15 mins.

What's your budget is a better question. Anything below average and you're better off eating out.
Whether it's the first time or not, it should always be simple. People like to over-complicate the meal and ruin the afternoon/evening.

I like fish, personally so anything with snapper, dory, salmon, etc works with me. Steamed fish makes a good evening, probably fried fish in the afternoon. Either one works really if you're dining indoors, mainly because fish is simple to make and season. Good for the body too so she won't be complaining, you know?
Doesn't take long to cook and it goes with almost anything.
Especially Italian food.

I eat vegetables with light sauce and chilli for the spice, goes well with the fish and the rice.
What is the intent of the meal?
Since I'm a simple person when it comes to food, even the many ladies I dine with on special occasions seem to like fish.

I met my British professor when I went visiting one of my older friends in England and ended up with quick lunch with her before I flew to the next place I was going to.. but she told me not to get her anything heavy since she wasn't in the mood that day and told me cheesecake was good enough.
I literally sat there with her for 3 hours doing nothing but watching her eat cheesecake and drink her tea, it was the conversation that carried everything else.

Hopefully that's good enough to tell you that you should just make what you think you're good at making.
In truth, you can make the first thing that comes to your mind. Just as long as you don't screw up the recipe, because then she'll have issues eating.

1 to 1 eating is more dependent on what you say during the entire time she's sitting in front of you. If the food is good (which it mostly always is) but you have nothing to keep her going, you'll trip either way. Make what you know you're good at making and not screwing up that isn't a sandwich.

merged: 02-28-2015 ~ 11:20pm

Quote: Question:
Have you ever felt like you found the love of your life? What did/didn't work out? And how many grills have you dated?

Actually yea, when I was younger I did.
I knew a Japanese girl once and she's still a close friend of mine today. Very smart and very forward thinking and also very polite. My only gripe is that she follows stereotype of being short, very fair skinned and has very nice eyes. Intellectually, she's someone I really like. Appearance-wise, I prefer more mature looking girls.. but that doesn't mean I dislike her.

The only thing not working out for me is that her best friend is also a girl I know and I have dined with her much more often, and she graduated top of her class where she studied. When I was younger, I loved both of them because.. well it can't be explained. The conversations were good, the outings were stress-free, they always both gave good insight and advice in their own POVs and are both PHD holders today.
Academics, basically.
When I was younger, my larger problem was making a move on any of them, because I know it'll piss off the other or at least strain the friendship. Commitment was never kind to me that way, but I wasn't afraid of it. Actually, in a twisted way, I committed myself to both of them. I never told them I liked either of them until 7 years into the future from when I realized who I liked more than the other.

It paid off, the maturity from those 7 years made it easier to take, or maybe both of them never cared? I'll never know.
I even told them that my largest regret was choosing to meet the other person, because if I just focused on 1 of them, I'd probably be happily married.
I'm not dissatisfied with my life though, once you reach a certain point and are not so focused on sexual endeavors, you realize all you want are just a small circle of friends who won't knife you in the back or leave you out to dry.

I got what I wanted, so I have no complaints.

How many girls I've dated? None.
How many I've taken out to eat 1 to 1 and had a good time with? Several. I can't count them with my fingers if you want a figure of how many. Lol

I don't 'date' girls, it's always been viewed as kid ways of viewing an outing with a girl.
Dating is for teenagers, and sadly my teenage years involved me doing much more pressing things. I typed my Bio out before so you should remember at least, what I was doing as a teen.
Come a time, I realized all I really did was take women out to eat. I don't go out with the intention of having someone to pin to a bed, I think it's pretty sad to view women as bed decoration at the end of the meals.
To each his own eh?

Many women I meet with are independent women. They rarely latch onto people, instead they just want a friend they know they can talk the evening away with, confide in or simply just have a nice enjoyable dinner with.
These are things they told me, btw, not things I'm saying. When you meet people who are like that, you don't see them often but you definitely will keep seeing them yearly to catch up with.

It's a welcome change especially once you grow up past a certain age when work and major projects start to take up a good majority of your time, having girls who always want your time will turn out badly for both me and her, and I'm sure many people hate needy guys/girls who don't know when to stop.

Idk, make out of this what you will.
lol

[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

Is this the real life?

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Quote by HuesinIs this the real life?

Yes, yes it is.

Probably not for you since you're a skeleton.
But I won't judge.

[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Does being nice to strangers pay off in the long run?

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Quote by UsagixKitsuneDoes being nice to strangers pay off in the long run?

Depends on how nice you are, if you're lucky, you can buy favors you usually won't be able to have otherwise.

[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

What cleaning products can I use to polish gold statues? Also, what furniture looks best next to gold statues?

Quote by DarthyI don't go out with the intention of having someone to pin to a bed, I think it's pretty sad to view women as bed decoration at the end of the meals.

You know you've been spending too much time on /r/WTF when you take this literally. I need brain bleach. Any brand you can recommend?

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Do you feel bad abusing your mod powers to pin this thread?

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Quote by pandemonium91 What cleaning products can I use to polish gold statues? Also, what furniture looks best next to gold statues?

Quote by DarthyI don't go out with the intention of having someone to pin to a bed, I think it's pretty sad to view women as bed decoration at the end of the meals.

You know you've been spending too much time on /r/WTF when you take this literally. I need brain bleach. Any brand you can recommend?

Does park benches count as furniture? I actually knew a guy who had a gold statue in his mansion living room in Connecticut and he had no idea what to put around it either. Bought an antique leather sofa from France along with some sidetables and turned that gold statue into a fountain with the statue in the middle of it.
It became one of those places you'd see at Microsoft's foyer.

Can't say much about the cleaning products though but 50 shades is a good brand of brain bleach. It has its side effects but those effects don't work on crazy.

Quote by UsagixKitsune Do you feel bad abusing your mod powers to pin this thread?

No, abuse is a very strong word to use when discussing thread pinning. AMA's are meant to help people who ask questions. Might surprise you but I get too many PMs a day from people who need help on site. Instead, I made the thread in hopes they'll post here instead of PMing me so that any reply I give could potentially benefit others.

The thread isn't meant to be all serious since I answer any question given to me so I pinned it in the OT section. I admit though, I'm not perfect so I can't answer philosophical questions like the ones that some of the Elites give me, but at least I'm trying.

Expressing yourself might be difficult and most are not accustomed to it but what most people think is unimportant is sometimes more important than it seems. I just try to cultivate that.

[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

This thread is much better than expected. It really is. Nice way to get a dialogue going. Now I feel bad for giving non-serious replies.

A park bench would look tacky. Better look for a place to order one, then! As for 50 Shades, currently trying to read the book. So. Many. Pronouns.
The soundtrack does work tho. A coworker plays the soundtrack playlist at least once in two days. I may murder someone next time she does.

Quote by DarthyMight surprise you but I get too many PMs a day from people who need help on site.

Lies, everyone's terrified of you. But they don't know that Darthy is secretly a nice guy misunderstood by all.

What are your thoughts on SJWs? Have you encountered any in real life? If yes, how did they act?
Personally, I haven't, and it looks more like a phenomenon restricted to the internet to me.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

What was the single best decision you ever made and why?

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Quote by pandemonium91What are your thoughts on SJWs? Have you encountered any in real life? If yes, how did they act?
Personally, I haven't, and it looks more like a phenomenon restricted to the internet to me.

I don't really believe in all these weird ass labels honestly. I never met any of these guys IRL since they're generally not people I find any worth in talking to. This world has enough freedom campaigns and cries for equality etc socially and no matter who you look at, both IRL and internet examples have their reputation being inflated.

Idk, I never believed much in equality because someone always has to be inferior in one way or another. Probably applies the same way where you can be inferior in 1 department that the other is superior in.. but I suppose thats why we all have different ideas of what success is.

In the end, w/e makes you happy, works.
Just because it works doesn't means you're successful however.. and mankind never cared about success as a whole considering how much of a failure it became in recent years.

If you want some examples on how they act, a good majority are socially oppressed for them to even start taking that stand. Rule of thumb when meeting people is that they're only a social nuisance when something is lacking somewhere. It's usually those overcritical of behavior of others that get these 'beta male problems'.

I've met guys who shun vulgarity so much in tantrum that they put the largest crybaby to shame. The shameful thing is that when protesting social justices, everything relates back to homosexuals, black people and children.

Then you wonder why nobody takes these main 3 groups of people seriously.

Social justice is everywhere IRL tbh, just that they're given different names. Like all labelled groups it only depends how extreme they are when fighting for their 'justice'. I shudder to think what goes through their mind in the midst of arguing with a completely random person who just happened to believe all women should be scrubbing floors.

Idk, I don't have much of an opinion on it.
It's hard to describe misfits who don't interest you much, y'know?

Quote by UsagixKitsuneWhat was the single best decision you ever made and why?

I refused a good friends proposal to marry me and instead wanted to be her friend.
It's been ~30 years since that incident and I've kept the strongest and closest friendship with her that I thought was only securely possible through marriage.. but that thought was only when I was still a kid in mentality.

The older you get, the more you see less need for things you originally thought was needed lol

[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

150 yrs since your birth + 30 yrs since that incident + 5 yrs on MT.. how old are you, Darthas? x.x

lol no really, my question is a serious question. But you don't need to answer if you don't want to :)

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Where is the best place you have ever visited?

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Why MT is so addictive? :3

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Are you really a woman like your profile says?

Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Quote by Huesin150 yrs since your birth + 30 yrs since that incident + 5 yrs on MT.. how old are you, Darthas? x.x

lol no really, my question is a serious question. But you don't need to answer if you don't want to :)

185 years old not counting the self-inflicted old age syndromes from hanging around Xangel for too long.

My age is a boring topic to discuss! Imagine the possibilities..

See? I'd much rather talk about your age. lol

Quote by UsagixKitsuneWhere is the best place you have ever visited?

Best location? Tbh I was just telling Alen about it on Skype around a week ago.
One of the more interesting places I visited was Europe. Traveled to Croatia once and more or less enjoyed myself there in a manner of speaking.

I used to walk around the poorer districts and tell myself that living alone and building a life alone was bad and hard enough until I actually saw the amount of people suffering there. Supposedly at times like that you sooner or later come to the conclusion that you drew a winning ticket after seeing people with no legs sitting in a corner, covered in dirt with no teeth and begging you for some kind of money.

Sounds cliche and so on to some but you can only meet so many wrecked people before your mind starts to reaffirm or redesign how you initially think. These things can't be helped at times lol - Some people think that being in an abusive relationship is the worst thing in the world, others think that not liking their job is the worst thing in the world.. I had a guy tell me he had no ambitions and no way of getting out of his situation and he was doomed to be unhappy for life.
Yea, none of them really know how lucky they are sometimes.

I think going to the poorer parts of the world teaches people to live their life better indirectly. Could teach you a lot more than just that really. Most people get chances to remove the problems bothering them one way or another since all of their problems are self-inflicted. The people I've seen don't have the luxury of getting rid of anything.

Idk, Europe has some pretty nice architecture.
As long as you avoid strange house with broken roof, dead trees and many crows, you're alright.

Quote by Monu-chanWhy MT is so addictive? :3

I think generally the kind of people you get here is what makes others stay. Either way everyone needs purpose, yea?
Other posters have written in the past that they're bored or something dumb which makes them want to leave but no matter where you go the place is still a real society.
If it's an addictive society to you then you most probably greatly fit in despite all the differences.
Good knowledge tbh.

Quote by ValunaAre you really a woman like your profile says?

Idk, that's actually a very hard question to answer. I've told people my real gender but they always go with their own ideas of who I am anyway so I gave in to letting them think what they want lol

The interesting thing is that having ambiguous sexuality of being an unknown is much more interesting really.
In regards to the site, I'm female.
In demeanor? Who can say? Could be a guy if they look at the way I word my responses.

Girls have to be feminine and sweet all the time after all.

[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 57 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.