Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Photoshop, SAI, Gimp,... ? - Minitokyo

Photoshop, SAI, Gimp,... ?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

Ok first of all I have to say that I'm used to drawing only with cole! But drawings with color look so much lifelier IMO. So I thought of drawing/painting/coloring with the computer. But I'm an absolute and completely beginner in this area!

So I thought maybe some pros can help me? (I already got some help from Monu-chan and xangel0 with coloring with pencil Colors)

As of now I have gimp, paint.net and SAI on my Laptop and I also own a tablet! (though I have never used gimp nor SAI nor the tablet before) -_-

And I really wanna learn to color and draw properly with those programms.

So what pc programm is the best for drawing / coloring / painting or so?
I wouldn't mind buying it as long as it is under €200!

Or maybe someone can give me beginner tips or so?

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

All the tablet crazy people use SAI from what I know of through the years. So it is probably the best for digital painting/drawing.

Firat of all, make sure your tablet works on your computer and you can use it. Then, start practicing so you can adjust your coordination from paper to a touchboard + monitor.

Just draw anything, use black lines. I don't know about SAI, but it probably has layers too, be sure to make use of it when colouring so its easier to make edits. Go crazy with colours, do what feels right for yourself and ask for opinions here and there so we can help you move more in the right direction.

Also, drawings with proper shading look very lively aswell..compared to a more sketchy type.

Right, to start off with colouring. Why not draw colourful things such as flowers to get a better idea? They're quite delicate aswell so =P

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

As i know you are completely beginner in digital artwork so first of all i will advice you to learn arranging 'layers'.
And then start experimenting all the function your programs have, like use filters, try to get use to textures, brushes, smudge, blur, healing brush, clone stamp, magic wand, selection tool, gradients and etc.
Try to know all this tools and functions to get to use ps or any other software.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

Photoshop. Sai is cool for beginners but definitely Photoshop is the go to program for the pro. I highly recommend sai for you to get use to drawing digitally before moving on to Photoshop.

There are tons of awesome tutorial on YouTube you can check out.

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

I'm not exactly a pro, but all the friends I know draw everything with Photoshop. It's a good program and there are lots of tutorials and videos on how to draw/paint/coloring out there. I strongly recommend it. I'm not sure, but I've heard Sai and Gimp have less tools and brushes. It would be good to learn how to use those too, but that depends on you. Start drawing backgrounds, landscapes, and some still lifes, it will help you a lot.

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

With SAI you're ok, its easy to use and there are tons of tuts around, photoshop is way better, but since you're starting SAI works pretty well.
First of all, try getting used to your tablet, don't rush to draw cuz you might get frustrated. Go around your desktop to get used to the ratio of the tablet, it might be difficult at first, then open SAI and draw lines, circles, any kind of shapes, so you can get used to its pressure and how to make clean strokes. Also if your tablet have shortcut buttons, use them! its much quicker to work with the tablet shortcut buttons, but that is, if the tab have them. Make sure to look for a starter guide for SAI, a video or whatevs that explain the tools and the basics of the program.

Once you catch how to move around and how the pen works, try drawing simple stuff like clouds, flowers, trees, simple landscapes, look for the different brushes and settings (there are lots of settings out there, just look for them, also there are many free brushes you can download), don't be afraid of making mistakes, you're practicing after all.
You can even grab a simple illustration and trace over it, to learn to make linearts. Remember to use short and fast strokes over long and slow ones, the faster you do them, the less stiff your hand will be and you'll get sloppy lines.

As for coloring, remember to use layers, separated colors and lines are better to work. Start simple, still life could be a good start as mentioned above, look for blending color techniques and basic painting of lights and shadow.

And finally, ctrl+z is your friend, do a line, if you're not happy with it, erase it and try again and so on until you got a line that looks great, it might get time, but the results are worth it. Don't give up and practice all you can. I know I mention "look for tuts" a lot here, but they are tons of help, so again, look for tuts and references, they're out there for you to use them.

Signature Image
This day we fight!

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.