Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Black Rose Sword (rapier) - Minitokyo

Black Rose Sword (rapier)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

hey guys how can i make this sword look more like a sword?
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Y0M_SPbMF_w/VQScWvMKe8I/AAAAAAAAKYQ/RdxMIAhQgfE/s800/beauty-et-beast-rapier.png

this was used to make this fanfic poster i need some advice to how to make it look better =(
https://33.media.tumblr.com/393e4a0036debe12f8776f8b9418ade1/tumblr_ncxagrlLI41rkyyz0o1_500.png

Signature

I suggest you show the whole blade. The handle looks very pretty but I couldn't it was a sword if you didn't say.

First of all what exactly do you want to looks more like a sword , the blade or the rose like things?

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

the rose like thing? the whole of it actually i wanted it to pass the feel of a rapier but seems i failed.
the problem of showing the whole blade would be the fit in between on the final piece, i want it to stay between the charas as if dividing them

Signature

i know what you try but why dont you get a picture of the charas with a biger resolution so you can add the whole sword like that it would be easier to belnd in the sword better

or you could sacrifice showing the detail of the rose and make it smaller to fit

how adamant are you over keep the composition as it is? If you're willing to change it, one way is to position one of the boy higher than the other (aka not the same level;) and adjust the size of the sword just so it fits snugly, Another way is to position the sword at a slant and again the boys are at different level. You can play around with the composition and see which you like best.

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

humn i chose to sacrifice a bit the sword to who wore of the blade, you think it gives more the feeling of it being a rapier like this?
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-JUaRs4F0GHw/VQSpfTWQBhI/AAAAAAAAKYc/8XJoG-oxAqs/s800/beauty-et-beast3.png

Signature

How aboout making some more space between the heads of the chars and make the grip of the sword merging with the shadow by using the eraser with a 20% opacity like that you dont have the issues with the grip looking like bein bad extracted. making some flare effects here and there and playing with some textures on the top might give a solution buti would advice to work with bigger images and more details so you can work more efficient on them

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

i made the whole sword it's not actually extracted...
I'll try that out, ugh now i regret having resized the poster, you see i was working with a big canvas, i will try out with the small and if i like the effect I'll redo everything but first i must find where i put the sword file XD

Signature

The issue is that the characters and the sword looks extracted but you want to make it lookslike every thing fits in, thats why you need to work with a lot of shadows and try to merge it with the darkness, about the sword is the main issue that the blade need some more details compared to everything else but you can also make a light effect with a flare putting some darker tones in the hair of the chars behind the Sword could help. sword looks to sharp Compared ton their faces, but sionce you want only the sword to be improved i would try to add some effects on the metail to cover up the detailness on the blade or the edgy renders

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Using textures would work. I do think the rose part is a bit too much for the blade and the actual handle.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

what kind of textures? i am feeling a little lost XD i am trying to work the flare

Signature

What I would do is extend the bottom of the poster, keep it black with nothing more added except showing the full length of the blade. Is it size restricted?

Val-chans sugestion isnt bad, google some Textures in images and try different out like a Paper Texture you put above your image and change Colormode.
Which Software don you use?

i don't think textures are necessary. blades are suppose to be smooth

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

optimal size for the posters is 700x500 but i can use a vertical composition i have not thought about it and i just changed the size of the canvas and i loved D:
leaving the text in the middle and the full sword will really look better let me continue with what i was doing!

Signature

good luck ( o-o)-b

Try some of the ideas here and make different versions so you can see the difference and if you need more help just post the versions here so we can help to advise you from that point on

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

okay my brain fried i need sleep XD
but well now i am actually in love with this out come
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0PSA1_2BYQo/VQTBeH-1qlI/AAAAAAAAKYs/OkIoUDOcd4U/s800/beauty-et-beast4.png
should i dim the flare a but or is it good?
should i add a story quote or something at the bottom or leave it like that all black?

Signature

Its much better that way but now i know what you mean about the sword, the blade need some more detail so try adding there some more light and shadow effects on it so it doesnt looks to monotone the flare is good maybe a little bit weaker would be better but you need to try out and see how you like it more

I really don't get why everyone keep saying to add texture. Rapier are suppose to be beautiful smooth blade. Are they texture for the background that you guys are talking about? What kind of other details does a rapier need? Other than on the handle its a fairly simple sword. If you want to add shadow, add it under the text to give a sense of distance and make it look like the letters are popping. I would make the letters smaller and position it higher up so that the combination of sword and wording would look like a cross (you can also make it a reverse cross if the negative space at the bottom bothers you so much). It would make the layout looks cleaner if you didn't make it so that the full length of the letters is almost touching the edges. Cut the length to about 2/3 of the poster width. Now I know that this poster isn't for print but it's always a good idea to give about I cm margin of the edges (measurement depends on the overall size of canvas ofc). I know that people do not like to waste space but they should learn that negative spaces if properly utilise can bring out so much more to the design than an over crowded one.

People, please learn how to KISS (keep it simple stupid)!

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

@dad maybe they mean filter over the whole thing?

Um.. I think I can see it. It would be a rustic, vintage feel should layers and layers of textures be added. Is that something you want? @danielly

#likethat'sabadthinglol

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

I liked the inverted cross idea
I Actually want to give it a dark melancholic feel to the poster that's why I took color from it

merged: 03-15-2015 ~ 04:41pm
so with roses or without roses?
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-oxnbehrkOp4/VQW1vLaNlKI/AAAAAAAAKZI/YiwhsC9OagU/s800/beauty-et-beast5.png
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-LFisqapc99o/VQW1tvhFEOI/AAAAAAAAKZA/WEFTi7XRcww/s800/beauty-et-beast6.png

Signature

The roses are a nice add but whats about the Black Spacebehind the sword?

Use a eraser with less Opacity (I use alway 20%) and hardness 0 And try to merge the Black Space with the Chars.
If you dont want a Texture its fine but it could make the Whole Image stick out more. Try different colortones on the Blade like the Brighter one with some more brigther Reflections, Real swords never looks Onecolored you can see the different grey and silver colortones depending on the light reflection.
The same goes for the Darker side of the Blade

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.