Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Poor Taste - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

YuuichiYouko

YuuichiYouko

The Cursed God

Quote: YuuichiYouko,

The image you have submitted ([url=http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/676922][/url]) was removed for one or more of the following reasons:

- It featured a subject in poor taste. This includes, but is not limited to: sexually suggestive scenes, sexually provocative imagery of children, culturally motivated hate, and excessive violence or gore.

Repeated violation of this policy will lead to suspension of your upload privileges.

Sincerely,

Minitokyo Staff

Why was this scan deleted for poor taste? She is in a maid costume so nothing on her is actually showing. And if you are trying to say that the white stuff on her apron and thigh high is cum; I'm sure we all know that is just cream. I doubt I really need to explain the difference between cum and cream but that is clearly cream. It's not the right color and it is too clumpy and nothing in the scan even suggests that anything sexual is going on. So I really don't understand why this is even happening. Just speaking honestly, I wouldn't have uploaded in the first place if it was that and it definitely would not have stayed on site for almost two days.

I have killed so many people in my prime. I was banished from heaven for the rest of my eternal life. So as my redemption I will protect a princess from the darkness in my past. I will never let anyone harm her. Even if I die in the end.

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

The scan stayed on the site for almost two days mostly because the staff members are busy. Currently, there is practically only one person taking care of the scans section so it is impossible to review new submissions immediately.

Personally, I'm not involved with scans much, but your scan has been deleted most probably because it contains "white/transparent liquids without source" (quoting a scan mod), which is not allowed. Even if you say it is just cream and even if it really is cream, there is no way to prove that without further reference/proof and combined with the character's expression the image becomes sexually suggestive. Arguing that the liquid doesn't look like something else is not a valid reason since this is only art and not a real-life image. Artists have no limitations in their works and can portray anything they want however they want.

If you have any further questions or comments, you'll have to wait for a scan mod to answer them. They are the ones who know exactly why which scan has been deleted. I'm more or less just guessing.

YuuichiYouko

YuuichiYouko

The Cursed God

Ok, I'm not trying to be rude or anything but only mods should respond on these post. If I remember correctly that is a rule. (And that the mods being busy shouldn't have nothing to do with this. To be a mod for any site, you have to understand that you have to be dedicated to whatever site. If you can't do that, you should be replaced by somebody that can.) I see what you're trying to say but either its a void point. If its a "white/transparent liquids without source" should the mods backtrack to actual see if their hunches are correct. Because it would honestly cut down on the accidental deletions and all of these deletion appeals if they look before deleting. But since this is about determining what the liquid really is. The "white/transparent liquids without source" is just cream because if you actually go to the cream tag you can see that they look similar and tell that its only cream. And facial expressions do not matter when it comes to scans. If we are being honest here, almost every scan should be deleted because the most normal scans have the weirdest expressions.

I have killed so many people in my prime. I was banished from heaven for the rest of my eternal life. So as my redemption I will protect a princess from the darkness in my past. I will never let anyone harm her. Even if I die in the end.

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

It got deleted for the exact reason Elisa stated. No idea or I am not very familiar with the rule, I'm overal fine with an elite trying, afterall they are the ones that get promoted to a moderator so they can have some taste or try instead of only observe.

Just for your information, I wouldn't talk so easily to actually be a mod on a site. Not only do you need dedication, you also need to know your field. Especially on a site like this where there are more things to moderate than just watch members, we are overal quite strict and knowledgable because otherwise it would just be another picture gallery site. Neither can these people be easily replaced.

For it to have taken a day or two before getting deleted is because there tends to be slight discussions with other mods before it gets deleted. We're not around 24/7 and we all do have lives of our own aside from timezone differences. This means that some time or a few days is required before a decision is made.

There tends to be lewd faces on scans all the time. The concept however, may be censored or not. The problem with the scan is, there is no outer source. Which is quite simple as far as reasoning goes. If you look at the texture or shape, it looks a bit more clumpy than you usually see, however the colour doesn't do it any good. I'm not very familiar but if I'm correct that "stuff" may come in various textures or thickness.

The cream tag has cake, some source where the cream comes from or things like that. There is nothing here. If she had cake with cream on her, then there should be traces of cake and cream.

If you can somehow tell me better, please do.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

YuuichiYouko

YuuichiYouko

The Cursed God

Okay, I don't understand why everybody is trying to tell me about one thing. I'm going to say this the nicest way possible so nobody gets offended. This has nothing to do with you guys. I get what you two are trying to say but the problem with that is neither of you are SCAN Mods. Because one of the rules for this is, "This section exists to establish a dialogue between the affected member and the moderator who deleted it or elite member who flagged it. (edit) Note, other moderators, active or retired may reply too, providing they are familiar with the type of gallery item being discussed." So only the mod who should be addressing this deletion is the mod who deleted.

Elisa, you made a good point but your point only goes so far. And I said my piece about that. If it offended you in someway I didn't mean to.

Valuna, being a mod is not a easy job. So i can agree with that. But you said Mod can't be easily replaced but isn't that why you guys have Elite members in the first place. So in the case of you guys "losing" a Mod, somebody is there to don't quote me on this but replace them. So it is kind of pointless thing to argue since that is how New Mods are made.

I didn't want to have a unnecessary conversation about this one scan, I only wanted a answer from the person that deleted it. But I get it now, so lets leave at that.

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

Well, I don't want to be rude either but actually, any member of the staff can reply to this thread. It doesn't matter if they're mods or elites, or if it's not their job to check ecchi scans. The rule is pretty simple: scans with cream on it, without the source of said cream are not allowed. It's not that difficult to understand. You don't even need the mod who deleted this scan to tell you this again. Elisa-chan already told you, Valuna (who is a mod that can delete scans too) told you too, and I'm telling you now. And I agree, you should leave it at that, cuz it's just a scan anyway.

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Quote by ValunaFor it to have taken a day or two before getting deleted is because there tends to be slight discussions with other mods before it gets deleted. We're not around 24/7 and we all do have lives of our own aside from timezone differences. This means that some time or a few days is required before a decision is made.

It's safe to assume that any mod being dumb enough to reply to this thread to be familiar with the case or reason of deletion.

Overal, Anther deletes scans but when in doubt other mods get involved and start taking a part in the decision to keep or delete a scan. Originally it was discussed between scan mods, but due to a lack of scan mods, regular mods help out on this matter. For your scan, if it still doesn't satisfy you, it was my second opinion that got it deleted, even if I personally didn't delete it.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

YuuichiYouko

YuuichiYouko

The Cursed God

Okay, I going to say this and be the last person to respond on this because this is become absolutely ridiculous now. That rule I quoted was to honestly stop random people from posting on these threads. If this a wallpaper I can see why Valuna responded. I can even see Elisa responding. But now there is another person responding on this thread that has nothing to do with this. I have nothing again any of you but I have a problem with people jumping on something that has nothing to do with them. I'm quoting the rules of Deletion Appeals, only the affected member (me) and the mod that deleted (Anther) and the elite member that flagged it (none of you) can respond on this.

I can understand NOW why Valuna respond on this since it was FINALLY clarified by somebody. But everybody else here isn't need for this. I don't need two extra people repeating what the other says. I don't need somebody trying tell the rules or tell me what they think. If this was over something else I'm sure that it would matter more. But just so you guys (not Valuna) understand why that rule is there in the first place I'll give an ex:

Lets say you are in trouble at school and want to talk to the principal about why you are in trouble. But the Principal(Anther) is busy. And then some teacher you don't have or understand what is going on and is trying to tell you why they think you are in trouble (Elisa). You tell them the situation because they don't really know what they are trying to "help" you with (not trying to be rude). Then the Vice Principal(Valuna) walks out her office and tells you what she understands about the situation. You try to tell her something then another teacher shows up out the blue(Huesin) backing up everything the other two are trying to tell you. And that same random teacher tells you that it just getting in trouble. But only thing you want is to talk to the Principal so they can tell you the actual reason for being in trouble. The Vice Principal gathers more information and tell you to the best of her ability. So in the end, you are in trouble, got told by two teachers that don't know really why you are in trouble, and a Vice Principal that didn't really understand what was going on.

That is the best way to describe what all this to you guys.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

While I'm retired, I thought I'd give some clarification on this situation from an outside perspective.

While you are absolutely right, Yuuichi, in that the rules of Deletion Appeal only the affection member and the mod that removed/deleted the item may respond you will also notice that in numerous past threads other moderators/elites have gotten involved with threads as well.

This isn't to undermine a section, or the importance of the stated rule, this is an implication that has been (generally) enforced by the staff on hand during a situation in which sections are severely hampered or understaffed. Several years ago, Wallpapers were massively understaffed so other moderators filled in the gap. Myself included, even as a forum moderator.

This stipulation generally implied to situations in which a forum post/scan/wallpaper had been flagged in the reports section, or said scan/wallpaper/post/thread had been discussed by the staff on hand, or if previous said possibilities involved a problem that could be resolved by said staff member on hand because it fell within the general rules of the website. This was to ensure faster response times that were not only accurate, but also able to fully cater to a members needs. Of course if there is a specific problem that needs to be specifically handled in certain matter, the post will not be touched until the mod who handled the deletion gets back on to handle it. Even then, posts are not to be handled by staff members who are not well versed with the knowledge of said section and from the looks of this thread that isn't the case here.

While I am not on staff anymore I have no doubt that this practice is still being used, especially since when I was last on staff Minitokyo was already severely suffering and with only one staff member to run Minitokyo's largest section other staff members need to get pulled. Also, to advise you most Minitokyo staff members are generally well versed in both knowledge and understanding of other sections.

I hope this helps you better understand why elite members and a wallpaper mod are answering your question. : )

Signature Image

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

I'm replying to this thread because I'm rightfully concerned, it seems.
You can tell me that I'm not important enough to post if you want lol (that was a joke)

To start, I'll ask: Why post something which is not clearly defined?
Also, why is your post also not clearly defined?
All of this is out in the open.

You don't want people to misunderstand your picture or your posts in this deletion appeal thread? Then you should have ensured clarity was never in doubt. If it was cream, then where is the source of the cream? Simply put, if there was even an image of a cake anywhere.. background, bottom corner, around her mouth, in her hands, anywhere.. then yes there would have been no confusion whatsoever.

Whether a picture or simple posts on the forum, clarity must never be in doubt. If you can assure this in ANY way, then yes. You would have eradicated all confusion.

Keep in mind that this is an open site for all ages to access.
Therefore, we must ensure higher levels of consideration.

This is not about WHO removed it.
It's about delivering appropriate content to the userbase.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

YuuichiYouko

YuuichiYouko

The Cursed God

OKAY, I get it. I understood it after Valuna's second post. I understand where Blizzard was coming from. The Scan department is understaffed right now so it is being helped by other Mods and Elite members. Okay, I UNDERSTAND that now. You can't do something without explain why you did it and expect the other party to think it is weird. I'm not trying to be rude to any of you but I don't respect how EVERYBODY is trying to jump on me about this. I don't understand why this is everybody's concern now. Because, nobody explained why they were posting, they were saying that they could. How does that help me at all? I wanted to hear it from Anther herself. Yes she is busy but I could have waited. But I later get the information that Valuna was in the discussion about the scan, so okay. I can take that and leave it at that.

But it really irritates me so much when I try to ask why and something like this happens. That's why I said, " because this is become absolutely ridiculous now", because it has. I only was trying to make a case that it was only cream. But I have first Elisa telling me what she thinks and have her quote something she remembers. I can appreciate you trying to help or "clarify" the situation but I didn't want to hear it from you. I wanted from the people involved, sorry. Next is Valuna, she said her piece about it, I find out later that she was involved so i shouldn't have brush it off so quickly. But the next is Huesin, he did nothing but throw support to the first two. And involve himself in it to ME for no reason. So of course it would bothers me to have another person that isn't involved to begin with now involved. Then I get a bit of info from Valuna again. OKAY, I got it. However I left that example to try to help you guys explain in a easy way what this felt like. Then some hours later, Blizzard explains to me why at least why Elisa and Huesin were trying to "help" and that the department is understaffed. OKAY AGAIN, at least somebody was trying to explain something to me instead of say that they could because they are staff. Now Darthas, I really don't know what to call what your post. I say that because it did nothing really besides being another post.

I wanted one answer and I got that in a way. So thank you to the TWO people that actually helped me, Valuna and Blizzard. I understand now, if something gets deleted let it be. Because I'm not going through this again, I find it irritating to basically be ganged up on a thread when this thread is only for help. And don't anybody post saying, "We weren't trying to gang up on you, we were try to help and blah blah blah". Because that's all this is. But don't worry I learned my lesson, don't make Deletion Appeal again. Now can somebody close this thread.

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Quote by YuuichiYoukoOKAY, I get it. I understood it after Valuna's second post. I understand where Blizzard was coming from. The Scan department is understaffed right now so it is being helped by other Mods and Elite members. Okay, I UNDERSTAND that now. You can't do something without explain why you did it and expect the other party to think it is weird. I'm not trying to be rude to any of you but I don't respect how EVERYBODY is trying to jump on me about this. I don't understand why this is everybody's concern now. Because, nobody explained why they were posting, they were saying that they could. How does that help me at all? I wanted to hear it from Anther herself. Yes she is busy but I could have waited. But I later get the information that Valuna was in the discussion about the scan, so okay. I can take that and leave it at that.

But it really irritates me so much when I try to ask why and something like this happens. That's why I said, " because this is become absolutely ridiculous now", because it has. I only was trying to make a case that it was only cream. But I have first Elisa telling me what she thinks and have her quote something she remembers. I can appreciate you trying to help or "clarify" the situation but I didn't want to hear it from you. I wanted from the people involved, sorry. Next is Valuna, she said her piece about it, I find out later that she was involved so i shouldn't have brush it off so quickly. But the next is Huesin, he did nothing but throw support to the first two. And involve himself in it to ME for no reason. So of course it would bothers me to have another person that isn't involved to begin with now involved. Then I get a bit of info from Valuna again. OKAY, I got it. However I left that example to try to help you guys explain in a easy way what this felt like. Then some hours later, Blizzard explains to me why at least why Elisa and Huesin were trying to "help" and that the department is understaffed. OKAY AGAIN, at least somebody was trying to explain something to me instead of say that they could because they are staff. Now Darthas, I really don't know what to call what your post. I say that because it did nothing really besides being another post.

I wanted one answer and I got that in a way. So thank you to the TWO people that actually helped me, Valuna and Blizzard. I understand now, if something gets deleted let it be. Because I'm not going through this again, I find it irritating to basically be ganged up on a thread when this thread is only for help. And don't anybody post saying, "We weren't trying to gang up on you, we were try to help and blah blah blah". Because that's all this is. But don't worry I learned my lesson, don't make Deletion Appeal again. Now can somebody close this thread.

I didn't ask for you to rant.

If you answered my question instead of blindly continue ranting, we could have gotten places. As it stands, you are too absorbed into what others have said to even see the point of my post. Instead, you chose to play the role of a victim who everyone 'gangs up on'.

Did you reply to anything I asked which was remotely relevant to your inquiry?
No.

I was one of the people who agreed to its deletion.
Answering to me was supposed to be your intention when you made this thread, irregardless of what you say. The point of deletion appeals is to get your work restored by whoever issued a deletion on your work. (i.e. me)

Please keep in mind for future threads that as an appealing member, you're required to think about what some moderators say, as any of them could have issued and deleted your work w/ reasons.
Not everything is Anther's doing.

- Lex

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.