Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 "Clear File" Scan Deletion - Minitokyo

"Clear File" Scan Deletion

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Parmenides

Parmenides

B-Theory

Hello,

This is the second time that this scan was deleted - no big deal. I was just curious as to the reason.

Clear File by Parmenides
Clear File by Parmenides

- The image was too small. Only scans with a clear subject of 1,000,000 pixels or more are accepted.
- The scan contains excessive artifacts. This includes, but is not limited to: page folds, dust, or text on the image.
- The image was enlarged. The majority of anime images found on the internet are not sufficient quality to be submitted at Minitokyo, please do not attempt to enlarge these images for submission.

By the way, the depth of field effect on the edges is used in other Kyoto Animation illustrations, and is in fact visible in the source that I scanned.

Thanks.

Anther

Retired Moderator

Anther

Actually your scan has been deleted precisely for the blurred zone on the lower left corner.
I know that the depth of field effect is used in lot of KyoAni illustrations, and indeed it looked like that in the right parts, but aided by the fact that the image is small and that the examples on the official sites are too small to confirm the quality, that blur looked caused by a poor scanning.
However, if you can confirm that that is an effect of the original image, the scan can be restored.

Parmenides

Parmenides

B-Theory

Sure.

Below are two areas in the original scan that highlight the simulated blur/chromatic aberration in the illustration (around the grape and the cupcake).

Whatever you decide to do with the scan, I will be okay with it.

Lower-left
Lower-right

Anther

Retired Moderator

Anther

It's enough, thank you.
Your scan can be restored.

Parmenides

Parmenides

B-Theory

Great, thank you.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.