Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Kaze Tachinu anyone? - Minitokyo

Kaze Tachinu anyone?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

http://myanimelist.net/anime/16662/Kaze_Tachinu

the link might contain spoilers for those who haven't seen it, it was released in English as The Wind Rises. It is one of Studio Ghibli productions. as it comes to films with this studio attached to it, I typically approach it with a grain of sand, because I tend to like movies with this studio but rarely do I love them and/or buy them. I found this one as a surprise, probably not going to buy it and would give it a 6.25 if I was to rate it, but that's because the artwork and truth to history to be outstanding.

it's the trials of one airplane creator by the name of Jirou Horikoshi, who faces life of building a plane for WW2, there are references to sensitive material and the discussions of many trials this man must go through, but I found it very humanized for studio Ghibli to have brought it out.

if you haven't seen it you should give it a try and for those who have what's your opinion/s on it? even though it was another take of WW2 (a recent hobby interest and research of mine) and it's based off of the Japan and German side, I still found it to be quite enjoyable. from what I learned it's actually suppose to be based off of true events, which possibly made it even more real. do you feel they portrayed it properly? what of the day dreaming scenes, do you felt they did a remarkable job on them and you felt as if you have been there and done that sort of experience? anything else you wish to add please feel free to do so.

As I've seen no scans, artwork or even a tag for the anime film (and can't add the tag to this post), I felt it should be mentioned somewhere and to get other people's opinions and takes on the movie.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

I don't know that one Bunny but thanks for all the information. I just might have to look into that one. Again thanks.

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

you're welcome :) just thought I'd make a non off topic post for once ;) and show some love to a forgotten anime that was quite good

BuBbLeS!

Signature

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

Even though humanized I think the story was portrayed beautifully. I have always liked studio ghibli movies and their art mostly because it always had fantasy involved so I was very eager to see them make an animation of a true story and I must say I was not let down.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I can't argue with that, even if it was something I haven't seen Studio Ghibli do often, this was rather beautifully done with some spectacular shots. and to be based on a true story is a first for them if I'm not mistaken. could be wrong on that, but I can't remember them doing another based on a true story sort of thing. and to boot disney didn't dub it, maybe that's why it was a different story as well.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

I watched it with you Bunny and I have to say that it was a wonderfully presented period piece anime. Studio Ghibli is top notch with all their anime.

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.